Frequently Asked Questions about Globe Community App

Version 2

Globe Community Mobile App FAQs

What is the Globe Community mobile app?

It is the mobile version of the Globe Community website, an online channel that lets customers help Globe and non-Globe customers to explore, answer, and learn about non-account specific Globe products and services.

Which operating system does the mobile app work?

Yes, the Globe Community mobile app is available for Android (4.0.3 and above), and Apple (iOS 6 or higher).

What can I do in the Globe Community mobile app?

For Android users, the Globe Community mobile app lets you:

• Scroll through all of your streams. (Tap Globe Community Icon located on the top right - “Activity” – “All Activity” or “Connections”)

• Create content (documents, discussions, direct messages, and status updates).

• Read and reply to content @mention people, places, and content.

• Add images to status updates and discussions, including discussion replies.

• Search for content, people, and places.

For iOS users, you can:

• Scroll through all of your streams. (Slide right – Tap “All Activity” or “Connection”)

• Follow content, people, and places in multiple streams.

• Create content (blogs, documents, discussions, direct messages, and status updates).

• Post a status update in a specific group.

• Add @mentions and images to status updates and discussions, including discussion replies.

• Read and reply to content.

• Search for content, people, and places.

• See your personal content activity.

• Attach a file in Globe Community from another service such as Dropbox or Mail.

Is the Globe Community mobile app free? How can I download it?

Yes, the Globe Community mobile app is free.

To download it, just visit your phone's app store (Google Play or Apple App Store).

How do I login to my account using the app?

Simply enter your username and password, and then tap “Log In”.

Take note that the Globe Community app uses the Internet to connect. That means your phone or tablet experience can be influenced by the reliability of the device’s network connectivity, which varies depending on many environmental factors.

How do I search for people, places, and content?

For Android users:

1. Swipe from left to right and then tap Content, People, or Places, depending on what you want to search for.

2. Tap the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner.

3. Use the embedded keyboard to type in your search terms. Type-ahead search will return results below the search box.

4. Tap any line in the results list to go to the item.

For iOS users:

1. Tap Find in the left sidebar.

2. Enter in your search terms/keywords.

Results will be displayed as tiles sorted by Content, People, and Places. You can expand the search results for each section (Content, People, or Places) by tapping on its section header.

3. Tap any tile to go to the item.

I’m an iOS user. How do I follow people, places, and content using the Globe Community app?

From the All Activity stream, tap a person’s name or avatar, a content item, or the name of a place, and then tap the Follow icon. You can select the stream(s) in which you want to follow the person, place, or content item.

Use the Find feature to search for keywords of things that might interest you. When you find something you want to follow, tap on it. From there, tap the Follow icon and select the stream in which you want to follow the person, place, or item.

What if I want to unfollow people, places, or a piece of content? How do I do it with the iOS version of the app?

• Go to the item, person, or place (by either tapping it from a stream or searching for it under the Find tab), and then tap the Follow icon.

• Select the streams from which you want to stop following the person, place, or content item. You will no longer see the checkmark next to that stream(s), and you will no longer see updates for that person, place, or content item in that stream (s).

Remember though that the updates will still appear in the All Activity stream, because that stream shows all public activity in the Globe Community.

Will I be able to create content to be posted in Globe Community using this app?

Yes. You can create discussions, documents, blog posts, and status updates, as well as send direct messages. To create content, simple follow these steps.

For Android users:

1. Swipe from left to right and then tap Create.

2. Select which type of content you want to create (discussion, status update, blog post, and so on)

3. Start typing. You can @mention people, places, or content items; embed images in the content; format text so it’s bold, underlined, and so on.

4. Select the place where you want to publish the item by tapping the Visibility control at the top of the screen. Once done typing your content, select “Publish”.

For iOS users:

1. Tap “Create” in the left sidebar on your tablet or smartphone.

2. Swipe from left to right and then tap “Create”.

3. Select which type of content you want to create (discussion, status update, blog post, and so on).

4. Start typing. You can @mention people, places, or content items; embed images in the content; format text so it’s bold, underlined, and so on.

5. Select the place where you want to publish the item by tapping the “Publish” button in the upper right corner.

Is it possible to edit the content I posted?

For the iOS version of the app, yes, you can edit the content. Here’s how:

1. From a content item that you have permissions to edit, tap “Edit” in the upper right corner of the screen.

2. Make the changes to the content.

3. Be sure to Save or Publish your changes when you’re finished.

For the Android version, no not in the app sorry but it’s possible via web/desktop for a limited time only.

How do I manage my Inbox?

For Android users:

• Sort your Inbox items by tapping either “All” or “Unread” at the top of the Inbox.

• Mark items as Read or Unread by long-tapping directly on the item and then selecting Mark Read or Mark Unread from the pop-up menu. From there you can select or unselect additional items by tapping them normally.

For iOS users:

• Sort your Inbox items by tapping either “All” or “Unread” at the bottom of the Inbox.

• Mark items as Read or Unread by tapping “Edit” at the top of the preview pane and selecting items to display as Read or Unread.