1 Reply Latest reply on May 25, 2013 12:05 PM by Alec Jordan Buencamino

GSM Connecting to EDGE Connection

HadesHades

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if Globe 4G USB Stick is working so much better this past few months.
      Until today I was wondering If Globe has changed any Network Connection when it becomes to Connecting into a
      "GSM Only" Setting in the Globe 4G Dashboard. 

I was kinda confuse about this. When I sett my Network Options in the Options Menu to "GSM Only" eventhough the Signal is Full, it's Connecting on EDGE Connection? Which is very2 slow connection. But this settings of mine was a few months back then, and it was definetely fine. But I had this experience just today that my Option's is now connecting to EDGE Connection when it's suppose to be HSPA + Globe.

Quick Explanation:

1.) Network Setting: GSM Only suppose to be 3G Connection when not connecting to the dashboard, when connecting it's HSPA + Globe.

2.) Same Settings but now it's connecting to EDGE. (Super Slow)

3.) Changing the Network Settings to "GSM Prefered" running ok, but only around the limit of 400kbps, when I was running this on 1.5MBps before. (Speedtest Android/PC/Downloading Test by Speedtest)

Any explanation to this?! Muchly Appreciated. 

Kudos Globe. Thanks in Advance.

• Re: GSM Connecting to EDGE Connection
          Alec Jordan Buencamino

Try using WCDMA preffered. GSM is basically 2G network. and EDGE is 2.75G thus can be considered a 3G network. When you choose GSM preffered, it's priority is to connect on that kind of network(GSM/EDGE).Your connection will also depend on the signal type your broadband is getting. if you are sure that you have a connection HSPDA or HSPA+ connection in your area, try changing ito to WCDMA preferred.