4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2016 10:32 AM by hpoule

Difference between Supersurf and Gosurf

hpoule

I need to understand what if the difference between Supersurf and Gosurf, if I can use both simultaneaously, how much MB or GB with a SUPERSURF999. How extend if I used too much data. Also what are the equivalent in Postpaid, possibility to order a postpaid SIM card by internet using my current prepaid number. Many questions for which I cannot find clear answer.

• Re: Difference between Supersurf and Gosurf
          angeal21

hi

SUPERSURF is for unlimited data

GoSURF has a data allocation

SUPERSURF999

you can use that data unlimited for a maximum of 3GB for a month - once the said data is consumed you will experienced slow browsing & will resume at 12:01AM on the foolowing day. You will received a text that your data is being used up from 1.5GB, 2.5GB & 3GB

example:

Hi! Your mobile internet usage for the month is now over 3GB. With our Fair Use Policy, customers who exceed 3GB/month will experience slower browsing speed until the end of the month. For now, you can continue surfing at normal speed so you can understand your usage and data needs. To monitor usage, dial *143# and choose MyAccount or text SUPERSURF CHECK to 8888, free. You may still experience slower browsing if you surf beyond moderate usage.

TRIVIA:

Effective January 26, 2014, Globe will be implementing the Fair Use Policy on Mobile Postpaid customers subscribed to unlimited data plan or promo.

GoSURF

data that has an allowances from 200MB, 1.5GB, 3GB, 5GB, 10GB & 15GB.

but once the system check that your mobile data allocation has been exceedingly high (ex.30-50GB, assuming) you will be shifted to slow browsing speed until the end of the month

once you exceeded you data allocation (ex.5GB) you will be charged 2/MB

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              hpoule

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. Please find my comments and answers in red print bellow.

Hervé Bouvattier

herve.bouvattier@gmail.com

+33 6 60 74 69 36

+63 9 06 41 29 580

+63 9 08 74 34 319

Le 13 août 2016 à 17:25, angeal21 <globecommunity-noreply@globe.com.ph> a écrit :

reply from angeal21 in Postpaid General Discussion - View the full discussion

hi

SUPERSURF is for unlimited data (sorry but what you write bellow is the opposite. It is LIMITED data since slow rates will limit the volume, and the service quality).

GoSURF has a data allocation

SUPERSURF999

you can use that data unlimited for a maximum of 3GB for a month - once the said data is consumed you will experienced slow browsing & will resume at 12:01AM on the foolowing day. You will received a text that your data is being used up from 1.5GB, 2.5GB & 3GB A I experienced it, using the statistics of my Tattoo, I have been limited after 3 days on Globe Supersurf. My connected mobile made an automatic OS update of 2GB. So it means that in Philippines you cannot update the software of your phone for less than 1000 pesos ? And you have to think to deactivate automatic updates when you buy a phone?

Also, you say different SMS to receive step by step. But 1st when I receive the first message I am already slowed down. I should receive it before being slowed down. 2nd : I cannot spend my time on the monitoring of my pocket to consult SMS... Indeed my point is that for 1000 pesos a month we should be allowed to real UNLIMITED data like with other operators in other countries. I think that Smart and Globe don't really spend enough money to improve infrastructures.

example:

Hi! Your mobile internet usage for the month is now over 3GB. With our Fair Use Policy, customers who exceed 3GB/month will experience slower browsing speed until the end of the month. For now, you can continue surfing at normal speed so you can understand your usage and data needs. To monitor usage, dial *143# and choose MyAccount or text SUPERSURF CHECK to 8888, free. You may still experience slower browsing if you surf beyond moderate usage. For the case of pocket WIFI you should improve the alert system, asking for another mobile number for alerts and for an email address also.

TRIVIA:

Effective January 26, 2014, Globe will be implementing the Fair Use Policy on Mobile Postpaid customers subscribed to unlimited data plan or promo. We are in August 2016. It is 3 years I stay in your beautiful country. I tried hundred times to convert my prepaid in postpaid, conserving the number, but in all the Globe Store I went (many, many) they told me they don't have stock for the inscriptible SIM.

GoSURF

data that has an allowances from 200MB, 1.5GB, 3GB, 5GB, 10GB & 15GB. Where can I find the rates? Is it possible to add GoSURF and SUPERSURF ?

but once the system check that your mobile data allocation has been exceedingly high (ex.30-50GB, assuming) you will be shifted to slow browsing speed until the end of the month

once you exceeded you data allocation (ex.5GB) you will be charged 2/MB this is clear and correct, with surfalert I can manage.

Respond to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Globe Community

Start a new discussion in Postpaid General Discussion by email or at Globe Community

Following Difference between Supersurf and Gosurf in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Globe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Globe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

>

janperzone

Supersurf is a surf-all-you-want promo of Globe but subject to Fair Use Policy. for more information, text SUPERSURF HELP to 8888.

GoSURF is Globe'snew consumable mobile promo that gives you bulk megabytes of mobile data consumable per kilobyte. for more information, Visit http://www.globe.com.ph/help/data/gosurf-for-prepaid

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  hpoule

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. And thanks for the link. See my comments and answers below in red print.

Best regards,

Hervé Bouvattier

herve.bouvattier@gmail.com

+33 6 60 74 69 36

+63 9 06 41 29 580

+63 9 08 74 34 319

Le 13 août 2016 à 17:25, janperzone <globecommunity-noreply@globe.com.ph> a écrit :

reply from janperzone in Postpaid General Discussion - View the full discussion

Supersurf is a surf-all-you-want promo of Globe but subject to Fair Use Policy. for more information, text SUPERSURF HELP to 8888.

GoSURF is Globe'snew consumable mobile promo that gives you bulk megabytes of mobile data consumable per kilobyte. for more information, Visit http://www.globe.com.ph/help/data/gosurf-for-prepaid

I put an eye on this. It talks about "surfing". Is it valid for email, file transfers (like updates, attached files in email) ? Couldn't it include calls and SMS... Since the price is really heavy, knowing that even when you have 4G (official) it is already very slow compare to other networks in other countries...

Respond to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Globe Community

Start a new discussion in Postpaid General Discussion by email or at Globe Community

Following Difference between Supersurf and Gosurf in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Globe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Globe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

>