5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2016 3:09 AM by silverleaf

When will Globe allow customers to renew their contracts in-store again?

silverleaf

My father's postpaid contract has just ended (for the nth time since the early 2000's) so we went to one of Globe's branches for a renewal. The woman we spoke with instructed us to call 211 because they're the ones who are in charge of recontracting and that it's "faster." We've dealt with a couple of them in the past and let's just say, I wasn't convinced at all, but we still gave it a shot.

Lo and behold! It has been more than two weeks and we still aren't able to reach any of their agents either through 211 or their live chat. To add insult to injury, they will gladly and readily accommodate you if you apply for a new postpaid line in-store.  But that means you need to go through the trouble of cancelling your old one by calling their extremely hard to reach disloyalty hotline and you won't even retain your old number.

Are their in-store staff so inept that they cannot perform something as basic as renewing a contract and reserving a unit? Why must they pass us over to their very incompetent, inconsiderate and inconsistent telephone puppet slaves?

Seriously, Globe needs to rectify this injustice by allowing customers to be able to renew their contracts in-store AGAIN like they did years ago.

How much more lousy customer service should we endure before they reform it? I don't know about any of you but my patience is growing thin.

OT: I still remember that time when their incompetent, misinformed and uncoordinated personnel screwed me over twice by changing and extending my contract, and when I posted about it here, it was eventually deleted. I put up with that and paid the 4 extra months of bills in silence.

• Re: When will Globe allow customers to renew their contracts in-store again?
          terencefrias

Where did you go for a recontract? I did mine in store at SM North EDSA with no hassles. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            ramon06

Hi Silverleaf,

Just want to share my experience. I have been with Globe for less than a year (10 months) and when I called and inquire to get a new handset (contract renewal), I was really impressed with the way those agents handled my concerns. They were very good in terms of looking for the best phone and plan for me.

Maybe Globe Stores do no longer deal with grand fathered account/ plans and that's the reason you were referred to contact the loyalty hotline instead to give you more options to choose from. Give it a shot to contact their loyalty department.

silverleaf

Maybe Globe Stores do no longer deal with grand fathered account/ plans and that's the reason you were referred to contact the loyalty hotline instead to give you more options to choose from.

You'd better reread that and tell me how you can justify why their staff cannot do the same very menial tasks or deal with old accounts. Also, my father's account may have been opened a decade and a half ago but the plan itself has been changed to a current myLifestyle plan.

Your reasoning gives the impression of Globe being a company that values their old subscribers very little, have lazy employees who lack sensible and just minds, and a system that is inefficient and oppressive to longtime subscribers. Hmm...

silverleaf

I accompanied my father to the SM North Globe branch as suggested by @terencefrias. Sure enough, contract renewal was allowed but he wanted the iPhone SE which happened to be out of stock.

We asked if a unit can be reserved but the guy we were talking to said we have to call their hotline (oh boy, here we go again) which prompted me to ask why he was unable to perform the same tasks as the hotline operators.

According to him:

1. Only walk-in customers applying for new postpaid lines can reserve units in-store;

Seriously? This is like going to a restaurant as a regular customer to try their new dish but you get shooed away and told to just call their delivery hotline because all the seats are for new customers only.

2. New stocks arrive on random;

Isn't that why people make reservations so they can be called whenever a unit becomes available?

3. Since the unit to be reserved through the phone will be directly delivered to our address;

Wait, there's no option to pick it up in-store now?

4. To maximize the use of their hotlines.
                      What a bunch of bull doo doo! If their over-the-phone customer service was so underutilized then why is it so hard to get through to an operator?

It's ironic how Filipinos take pride in their country's reputation of being the call center capital of the world when they aren't even able to provide decent service to their countrymen. I digress.

The way they prioritize new applications over renewals suggests a system of rotten policies that propagates an attitude of indifferrence towards old account holders.