11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2016 1:14 PM by sai78

GCash AmEx Virtual Pay invalid card #

xjrec

Hello,

My GCash AmEx Virtual Pay is invalid everytime I enter the details to Steam Store or any other store. The 15 digit number is invalid. Any workaround for it? Does anyone having the same problem as me? I hope tjofgcash can help out. Thank you.

Alex

• Re: GCash AmEx Virtual Pay invalid card #
          sai78

I have the same problem. Already emailed the GCash Customer Service Team last August regarding this issue and still no reply on how to effectively remedy this.

I might go to some proper alternative channels to submit a formal written complaint if this goes unresolved for too long. After all, I got registered to GCash and went through the KYC process because of its Amex Virtual Pay feature. I'd hate to think that I was induced into using Globe-GCash and spending money to cash-in a GCash credit if in the end everything turns out to be a futile endeavor.

xjrec

Hi sai78,

So sorry to know you are experiencing the same problem as me in regards with GCash AmEx virtual pay. I'm planning to get a GCash Mastercard instead so that I can use my GCash though if it wont be invalid again or applying to BDO for a debit card instead of Globe's.

I have called GCash hotline at 2882 to report this problem so I suggest that you also call them so that they can resolve this annoying problem. They will give you a reference number and you should wait for 3 days and after that hopefully it will be sorted out.

If ever mine would be fixed, I'll post back here to let everyone who has this same problem if it has been resolve. Thanks sai78 for letting me know I'm not alone. I encourage everyone who has the same trouble with GCash AmEx to post here so maybe Globe will see it.

Alex

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                  xjrec

Well its more than a week already and the technical team of GCash still got no idea of what the problem is. IMO, Globe should concentrate being a Network Provider and not the other way around if they can't fix the smallest part of its service i.e. GCash AmEx.

Still all GCash AmEx that is newly registered has a 15 digit invalid card #. Fix it!

xjrec

Just posting an update in regards with GCash AmEx invalid 15 digit number. This morning Globe GCash has sent me via a text message my new 15 digit GCash AmEx number. Checked its validity via iTunes and Steam store and it now working. Can purchase without any errors now.

The solution is call Globe GCash hotline (2882). When a GCash CSR answers your call explain to them that they issued you an invalid GCash AmEx 15 digit number and the error is "Invalid Credit Card Number" when entering the details to your account. (ex. Steam store or any other online store). (Do note that GCash AmEx is a debit card but acts like a credit card).

The CSR will ask for the last 4 digits of your GCash Amex. (For me, I gave him the whole 15 digits just to make sure), your GCash wallet balance, email and other stuffs. Do take note of what time/date you called GCash and don't forget to ask for a reference number before you end your call. (Call GCash every 3 days to follow up on the status of your problem. Your reference number is needed here).

That's it! Waited for about 2 weeks and now all is fixed. Hope this post will help others experiencing the same problem.

Alex

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          sai78

Also received the same text earlier from Globe. Their spiel went like this:

"Dear customer, due to a system issue, your 15-digit GCash American Express Virtual Pay number has been changed and the expiry date has also been updated. We're sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. ..."

I did not go through calling the hotline. Went the email route instead to submit a complaint and attached screenshots of failed transactions. Also typed in detail there what issues were encountered and asked them to address each.

xjrec

Maybe Globe GCash sent a massive texts to those with GCash AmEx problem. Same as you, got the exact same text. Glad they did fixed it though as I thought they will just ignore it.

Yup, called GCash instead but email is okay too. Both method works fine. Anyway, Glad your AmEX is working.

Happy, shopping..

Alex

Silverlokk

No, not just to those who were having Amex problems. I had been registered maybe only two or three days - not enough time to use the virtual card -- when I got the text.

Having trouble using it for PayPal though >:(, dunno if it has to do with my name misspelled on the "card"

xjrec

Hi Silverlokk,

Sorry to read that you are having issues with Paypal.  Anyway, I encourage you to call GCash at 2882 so that they can check that your name is not misspelled or something. Just explain to them you have problems verifying your Paypal account. Btw, do check if you have balance on your GCash wallet or it won't work (base on my experience) and try a different Paypal account like Paypal US and not Paypal PH to test wheither its working or not. Also, don't forget to ask for a reference number before ending your call with Gcash though then call again after 3 days to check the status of your GCash AmEx. Do note that it will take a while for them to sort things out but once sorted, all will be okay.

I've had a chat last Wednesday (Globe called me) with one Tech team of GCash asking me if my GCash AmEx has no problems anymore, I told 'em mine is okay now and working as expected. He also added that all newly GCash AmEx that are registered for the last couple of months received a text just like the the one we have received to correct  the AmEx 15 digit invalidity due to system maintenance. Just for clarification, my mum and my little sis had GCash AmEx since last year and they didn't receive any change in their existing GCash AmEx ( 15 digits) therefore only subscribers with a faulty GCash AmEx (faulty 15 digit number) got the text.

I hope yours get sorted ASAP. I know it will take them maybe a few days to a week or two so just be patient and GCash will surely sort things out for you.

Alex

Silverlokk

Hi Alex, thank you for your feedback.

1. Not sure if my misspelled name has anything to do with it, more likely it's because my PayPal is a PH, not a US account. On the   misspelling, my name on my Visa card is also misspelled but PayPal accepted it anyway, or at least recognized it as a valid card.
                                          2. If indeed I do need a US account, Globe could've made that clearer. In fact, the FAQ instructs us to leave the country as PH: https://www.globe.com.ph/help/gcash/amex/paypal (may have to expand the instructions to enroll).
                                          3. In regard to US vs PH PayPal account, how would I do that? Do I change my address to the one that MyBox provided me through GCash?  I may try this some time, asking for the benefit of other members of the forum Besides, it's not urgent at the moment since my debit card was at least recognized.
                                          4. However, I would like to get my Amex working with PayPal eventually. At the moment I have to go to a GCash outlet to cash in, used to be able to do it online via UnionBank. Worked well the first year or two then the two stopped talking to each other >:( May just have to open an account with another bank.
                                          5. More on MyBox - would you know if I have to use my virtual Amex to take advantage of it? Offhand I can't see how MyBox can tell what card I'm using. Anyone else have any feedback?
                                              xjrec

Hi Silverlokk,

In regards to your questions, I will try my best to answer them base on what I did with mine before but I suggest that other users may also share in order to make it clearer.

1. About your misspelled name I honestly suggest that you should get this sorted out via GCash hotline because if ever you ordered something online to be delivered to you some asks for proof of identity upon delivery or receipt of the said product, misspelled names sometimes gives headaches.

2. Just for clarification, on my previous post (Sep 30, 2016) I've said that you should "try a different Paypal account like Paypal US and not Paypal PH to test whether its working or not". It's optional on your part, just posted it so that you could find the culprit of your problem. For me, Paypal US and Paypal PH works just fine tested a few minutes before this posting to confirm. Remember, your GCash wallet must have a balance for Paypal to verify the Globe AmEx Virtual Pay card or it would not work.

3. Changing the url of the Paypal link on your end will result in a Paypal US or Paypal PH. If  you see a /ph on the Paypal link just change that to /us then you should see the difference.  You can use "My Shopping Box" details with your Globe AmEx Virtual Pay that has been provided to you via email and text.

4. Hopefully your Globe AmEx Virtual Pay will work with your Paypal, just let GCash know by calling 2882 so they can sort this out for you. Also you can email GCash like our friend sai78 did, just to let them know about your problem with Paypal. Anyway, what I did if my GCash wallet is low on funds I ask my little sis to give me some. lol She got a prepaid GCash number so she can convert her prepaid load to GCash then transfer the funds to my GCash wallet, lastly I pay her in cash, simple as that.

5. If you use your Globe AmEx Virtual Pay then you should also use the "My Shopping Box" details that has been provided to you to avoid problems. By doing this you'll save a lot more on shipping fees. Have not tried "My Shopping Box" with different cards like American Express, MasterCard, and Visa (not issued by Globe), I use my actual billing address if I simply use this cards that are issued with banks.

I hope I have answered some of your questions. Of course this answers are based on my experiences of using Globe's GCash AmEx Virtual Pay. Hopefully other users here will surely help you out. Lastly, I honestly advise you to call or email GCash so they can help you further with Globe AmEx Virtual Pay and your Paypal verification / activation. Good Luck.

Alex

sai78

Because xjrec has tagged me in the post, I'll give some feedback as well just to give you an alternative perspective since I took a different means of approach aside from what he did.

My communication with Globe's customer service was wholly done via email ( gcashinquiries@globe.com.ph). I prefer this method more since I attach screenshots of what went wrong in the transactions I made involving GCash. They are concrete evidence that I did whatever instruction was given by Globe and found the result to be lacking.

In the email, I did just what you posted here and that is listing numerically the issues I want them to address and also referring to the images attached as exhibit of what I was addressing in the written content.

Communication via email also more advantageous for me since I get to keep a copy of our correspondence. Phone calls are recorded only on their end. Whereas email is admissible as electronic evidence if ever a time arises when it is needed as proof in order to protect my right as a consumer. Anyway, I digress.

With regards to Silverlokk's concern:

1. You should contact Globe and have your name corrected on the virtual card. I am assuming that you got KYC'd so it should not be hard on their part to do so since they have a scanned copy of your I.D. when you got registered and your identity verified.

If the name on the card does not match that of your Paypal account, it may cause some future inconvenience as what xjrec has pointed out so it would be better to resolve it now as opposed to later.

2. I got wary of whatever Globe has instructed ever since that AmEx invalid card mishap so instead of following the  FAQ,  I went into reading customer reviews online on how they successfully registered.

Basically, AmEx was used for Paypal US and therefore MSB US address was used.

In Globe's defense, they never did specify in the FAQ if it is PayPal US or PayPal PH. PayPal is a country-specific product.

Paypal confirmed in a forum that: "If you wish, you can open a PayPal account in a different country with a different email address but you need to have an address in the country that you are opening the account in. You may also be asked at some point to confirm a credit/debit card or bank account on your new PayPal account."

3. When you go to PayPal's website you can change the url of the link to specify the country with a forward slash or you can scroll down and click on the country flag you can see at the bottom which indicates where you are currently at. Doing so would redirect you to a list of countries in which PayPal is available.

Again, keep in mind that Paypal requires you to have an address in the country that you are opening the account in.

4. BPI has stopped SIM banking for new users as of now so I cannot give a feedback on Bank-GCash cash in.

Converting prepaid load to GCash also does not work for me. It says "Transaction successful" in the GCash app but then GCash text will thereafter say that "Sorry, this transaction is not allowed." Oh well, I guess this is another can of worms which Globe has to address. Seems other people in this forum have the same problem too.

5. Never tried using my bank issued card and having the goods shipped to the MSB address issued by Globe.

That time I bought  from a US store, the problem with the invalid card made me have second thoughts on whether the MSB address given was invalid as well. I ended up using my bank issued card and another US address while Globe still left the card issue hanging a few weeks ago.

3 of 3 people found this helpful