23 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2016 7:06 AM by GlennLiwanag

NOTE 7 OR IPHONE 7?

gonzalescjo

im planning to recontract my account, ano kaya pipiliin ko, note 7 or iphone 7/plus? help ....

• Re: NOTE 7 OR IPHONE 7?
          cai1905

Depends on how you're going to use the phones and what do you need from a phone. Never been an apple fan but one thing for sure the IOS software is the best out there, reliable and consistent unlike android phones however with android phones you have total freedom with customization and full of features. For now I'll stay away from the Note 7 until the battery issue is resolve in my opinion.

christinelara

I have read negative comments about Note7 but as per the latest news from Samsung, they will replace defective Note 7...

I am a Samsung phone loyalist before but now I am thinking of switching to Iphone...  why?  Because Samsung's customer service is not good...  Most of their 7th generation phone got a lot of problems...  But still, that was just an opinion base on my experience...  Wait for experts' comment or answer. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              gonzalescjo

Consider the features of each phone, the purpose, and more user friendly. For me, note7 is better than iphone7, despite the issue on the battery.

christinelara

Iphone is indeed not that user friendly and Iphone is "madamot" but when it comes to service, thumbs up!

I just went at Samsung store yesterday.  Unfortunately, some people are returning their units because of processing unit issues.  Still it is in the seven (7) days replacement period but...  behold...  Samsung does not want to replace it...  I feel bad for them...  They will hold your phone for two (2) weeks not knowing if you will be charged or not.

This was all base on my experience and observations.  Still, it's up to your taste...

gonzalescjo

both kasi gusto ko note7 and iphone7, ios wala ako masabi very smooth compared sa andriod ang bagal.

christinelara

Go for IOS ka na lang... dumadami issues ni Samsung ngayon

gonzalescjo

i cant decide, hehehe...

my heart tells me, note7,

while my brain iphone daw...

pre-order pa lang naman yung iphone i still have time to decide..

christinelara

Take your time thinking... I am so sad right now kasi wala pang 1 week handset ko... may prblema na agad... hahaha tapos nirerefuse ireplace ni Globe at Samsung... 

gonzalescjo

hala bakit?

if within service warranty pa naman, if within 7 days naman replacement is the option, but you have to visit the service center first for them to validate your concern, then if they found out na may defect yung unit, they will issue a service report para ipakita mo sa globe store to process replacement, while if beyond the 7days period sa samsung service center ka na, i tell you, twice na ako nag papalit ng unit sa samsung service center, kasi defective yung unit, replacement yung demand ko not repair, but you have to wait a month or two to received the replacement from samsung.

while waiting, you may request for account temporary suspension if naka line sa globe, but your contract will be extended.

christinelara

Because Globe SM Aura doesn't want to accept my unit even with Samsung's report.  So kelangan daw yung deatailed report talaga ni Samsung which is manggagaling pa sa Main office...  need daw ihold yung phone ko.. Habang andon ako nagcocomplain... ang dmi ding nagpupunta puro motherboard ng phone yung problema... Dun ko sobrang nakita yung difference sa aftersales ni Samsung at Iphone...  Ayaw ko magpadisconnect e... pareho din lang kasi mawawala pansamantala number ko... e dami kong contacts..

RNav

gonzalescjo What's your current phone?

The Note 7 does lag at times. But if a stylus would make you productive, then go with the Note 7 so you can take advantage of its features.

The iPhone + iOS combination is still my personal favorite though because of ease of use.

gonzalescjo

pros  and cons

hehehe, sa speed, ios ako

sa pagiging maarte, ios ang panalo,

kung mayaman ang kaharap mo, iphone ang ipapakita,

kung nasa ordinary gathering naman pwde samsung or iphone,

sa hang at log, di uso sa iphone yan,

mas madami ako natatandaan sa iphone kaysa sa samsung, so siguro, iphone na pipiliin ko.

worry din ako mamaya nasa aero ako, bigla pumutok ang note7 or i will be refused to board the plane dahil sa note7, hehehe

julietrose

In my own choice , I would prefer iphone 7 cause they have this iphone icloud that would protect your phone. And if it will be snatched you can just deactivate it so that your important files would not be discover...  

terencefrias

The first question you ask yourself is android or iOS. You can't simply compare the two considering the differences in the operating system. As a quick rundown, here are some of things you may want to consider:

I've got an iPhone 6s+ and a note 7 (sa sister ko tlga sya but I was able to use it for two weeks)

Productivity - we all know Notes are made for business, and comes with apps for productivity

Multimedia - better multimedia in the Note 

App availability - iOS has a richer app store, and new apps are generally available in iOS before android most of the time

Storage - Note 7 comes with a higher base storage than iPhone, including the capability to expand via a microSD card. iPhones (7th gen) come in 32-128-256gb flavors but will cost you dearly. 

Flexibility - file transfers, usb otg, etc

Resale value - most iphones do retain their prices better than notes or any android device out there. 

Credit limit - are you planning to have the device's cash out charged to your bill? 

Waterproofing - tried and tested with Note 7. Haven't checked with the iPhone. 

Camera - note7's camera is superb. Period. 

Waterproofing: better in Note 7 (IP68) than iPhone 7/+ (IP67) - take note that the tests are done in controlled settings for waterproofing. 

Security: lost phone? Icloud and samsung account got you covered. But note 7 leverages it up with an iris scanner on top of a fingerprint one. Very accurate if you ask me. 

Remember. You should grab the iPhone 7 plus if you wanna compare it with the Note 7. Especially na parang 6s lang ang iphone 7. Just added waterproofing and under the hood changes that a normal user wouldn't even notice. 

kayemarquezrojas

Same here.torn between the two.. 70% note 7 and 30% ip7.. been ang iphone user from ip4 up to now ip6 plus..nagyon lang ako naging interested sa samsung..sadly, may issue pa..pero still, im waiting for note7 to be available .. magpaparecontract din ako ky globe..any idea kelan pwede? And may pre order na ba sa ip7?? Thanks

jclapinid

I tried both iphone and samsung. Actually dipende sa usage mu. If you prefer reliablity, use iphone, but for me I prefer Samsung kasi I can use it for screen mirroring with my SOny Bravia. ANd  Samsung devises esp high end are almost as reliable as Apple... so if i were you Id go with Note 7.