12 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2016 6:04 AM by guarin_alice

SurfAlert Notification

jhervygravy

I understand that this is a new feature being offered by globe to limit excess charges due to data consumption
      Is it normal to be "ON HOLD" status? As far as I remember I set it on already but after my cycle cut off it turned to on hold status
      Whenever I try to turn it back on it says it cannot be process at the moment.
      So I'm not that sure if its normal to be on hold status and will just turn it self on once data allocation is fully consumed or not.

• Re: SurfAlert Notification
          gonzalescjo

FOR POSTPAID:

Such feature will serve only as a reminder but never put your data

connection on hold/stop status, that means everytime you connect to the

internet you will receive an sms notification.

Note also, that the notification reminder will only activate once  data

allocation is fully consumed.

The default setting is HOLD for postpaid. You can not switch to ON setting.

FOR PREPAID:

Surf alert setting is ON (recommend) once data subscription fully consumed,

an sms and ussd prompt will appear to give notice to the user that internet

browsing will be put on hold to protect subscriber's prepaid load. An

option will also be indicated if subs wish to subscribe or temporarily HOLD

the data barring for 24hrs.

If HOLD status is set, then, not subscribe to any data promo, internet

browsing will continue at 5 pesos/15 minutes.

On Sep 27, 2016 11:40 AM, "jhervygravy" <[email protected]>

3 of 3 people found this helpful
            RNav

I am on postpaid and my GoSurf SurfAlert was switched to ON when I fully consumed my data allocation. :)

gonzalescjo

GREAT!

Sabi ni agent, serve only as reminder. Let me check and try again  to

switch ON the surf alert settings, I have  fully consumed my data already,

but whenever im trying to change the settings ON always cannot be processed.

On Sep 27, 2016 12:32 PM, "RNav" <[email protected]>

RNav

It went back to HOLD status after I reached the Anti-Bill Shock.

gonzalescjo

Seriously RNav,

Naka hold daw browsing ko, pero may unbilled internet charges dumadagdag.

So kahit nakaha hold at may sms na ganito,

"SurfAlert: Your browsing is put on hold to avoid unexpected internet

charges. You'll also start receiving regular alerts for free when your

phone or device connects to the internet. To continue browsing, register to

a surf promo by dialing *143# and choose GOSURF. To surf at regular rates,

text SURFALERT HOLD to 8080 for free. Your SurfAlert will be switched back

on after midnight."

RNav

gonzalescjo Nalito rin ako diyan sa SMS because of the term "put on hold" but ibig sabihin niyan, SurfAlert is ON. Para maka-surf ulit, you need to reply to the Flash Message or text SURFALERT HOLD to 8080 para maka-browse ulit. At 12AM, SurfAlert will switch back to ON ("browsing is put on hold") and you will receive another SMS to ask you if you want to HOLD (stop SurfAlert message reminders).

guarin_alice

My surfalert is ON just to remind me about my data consumption (postpaid). To my surprise, it also has put me on HOLD to browse any site. I can't browse any website (not even the free ones like FB) . I could not deactivate it. It kept saying "Cannot be processed" . I can't even avail any Gosurf promos after I consumed my data. Same error message that it can't be processed. It's been 1 week of agony but it is still unresolved. I called/chat but no one has help me address the issue. This has cause me a lot of frustration already.

guarin_alice

My surfalert is ON just to remind me about my data consumption (postpaid). To my surprise, it also has put me on HOLD to browse any site. I can't browse any website (not even the free ones like FB) . I could not deactivate it. It kept saying "Cannot be processed" . I can't even avail any Gosurf promos after I consumed my data. Same error message that it can't be processed. It's been 1 week of agony but it is still unresolved. I called/chat but no one has help me address the issue. This has cause me a lot of frustration already.

guarin_alice

guarin_alice