0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2016 11:22 PM by merc윤지

HELP PLEASE! My new SIM card won't activate and no one from Globe is able to help me!

merc윤지

Hello,

I recently recontracted with Globe and got my handset and SIM last Sept 24. On the very same day, around 3pm, I called the Globe hotline to ask a rep to activate my SIM card for me. My husband also recently recontracted so he instructed me to call the hotline since they can activate the SIM card instantly. So I did. The rep asked for the new SIM's serial number and my Globe mobile number, so I provided it. He said after activating the new SIM, the old SIM (which I was using that time to call the hotline) will lose its signal and the new one will be activated. He said it will take only a few minutes. He also told me the call will be disconnected since the signal has been transferred to the new SIM. I waited up to 5 minutes, but the call was never disconnected. I figured I should wait for 24 hours just to be sure.

Sept 25: I called again. The rep told me the reason that the new SIM did not activate was because Air 21 has not updated their systems yet and still shows that I have not received the handset yet. So I decided to wait another 24 hours.

Sept 26: I called again. Rep said it still shows that Air 21 has ot delivered the handset yet, so they cannot activate my new SIM. OK. So I wait for 24 hours again.

Sept 27: I called again. Rep said they can finally activate my SIM. Gave the serial number. Was told that the call will be automatically disconnected again once old SIM's signal is transferred to the new one. The call was not automatically disconnected. Old SIM still working. New SIM still no signal.

Sept. 28: Yes, I called again. Rep told me that serial number I provided was correct. Signal was already transferred. But since the new SIM is still not activated, I should either have my 5-year-old old SIM cut into a nano SIM, or visit a Globe store to have SIM replaced. WOW diba. Ridiculous. The reason I recontracted was because I want a new SIM with LTE speed and a new phone. Then I will be advised to just suck it up and be stuck with my old SIM instead?????

October 1: I finally visited a Globe store. Same old problem. The CS person can't activate the new SIM. So I told her to replace the SIM instead. She did. Still the same problem. The old SIM still has signal. She can't come up with a resolution, so she told me she'll call me back today, October 2, to check if the signal has been transferred.

GUESS WHAT? THE OLD SIM IS STILL WORKING. I'M STUCK WITH AN IPHONE WITH NO SIM CARD. AND NO, I REFUSE TO USE MY OLD SIM CARD AND HAVE IT CUT INTO A NANO SIM!!!

PLEASE, ANYONE FROM GLOBE, HELP ME! YOUR TWITTER ACCOUNTS DO NOT REPLY. YOUR PHONE REPS ARE NOT ABLE TO HELP ME. YOUR GLOBE STORE REPS CAN'T HELP ME EITHER! I JUST WANT TO USE MY NEW PHONE WITH MY NEW SIM!!!!!