12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2017 8:41 AM by mvalmocena

Huawei P9 recontracting

lorenzskie_26

I applied for re-contracting last week and avail their Huawei P9 @ plan 1499 however when I received the unit today, I noticed that there's no VIP Card included on the package. I checked the online store again Huawei P9 | Globe Online Shop and it says that I should've got one. I called Globe Customer Support and talked to Donna and I was surprised when she told me that the VIP card is only provided for new line application and it's not included for re-contracting customers and the other representatives that I spoke with, told me that there's no information cascaded to them regarding this matter so they can't really answer my question.

Will I get a VIP Card for Huawei P9 or not? Because Globe Rewards/Loyalty/Customer Support Team's and Globe Online Store's information is contradicting. Anyone having the same issue regarding this?

• Re: Huawei P9 recontracting
          reybarskie

I am a new subscriber for the same plan, Sir. I also did not receive my VIP card. I did call Globe support and talked to Micie. She said it was not cascaded to them as well. I went back to the store and they said to contact Globe by dialling 02 703 1000 (which I already did). So I contacted Huawei Support via chat and they said that they are going to update me later today. I just hope I could get my card thru them. Crossing fingers though.

Aside from the VIP card, I was also told that I do not have a 6 months free Netflix subscription when in fact, it was advertised on the website.

lorenzskie_26

I don't know what's going on with Globe nowadays. It's seems they're advertising something on their website which is not existing because even their agents is not aware of it. I spoke with a Supervisor named Alex from Loyalty and Rewards Dept a few days ago and he said that every plan availed with their Huawei P9, comes with a VIP Card and Netflix for 6 months and he will let me know if there's an update regarding this matter. So far, I haven't received any, it's almost 2 weeks now. I tried to call Loyalty Dept last week to follow up and they said that there's still no update regarding the VIP Card and about the Netflix, he said "PROBABLY" I will get my log in details on November 10 since that's when my new MyLifestyle plan starts (my previous plan is MySuper Plan 1299). I tried to call Loyalty and Rewards Dept yesterday and the phone holding time is 59 minutes. So, I tried their Chat Support Channel but I never got any reply from them.

Hopefully, Globe will solve this matter regarding Huawei VIP Card, Chromecast and NetFlix. I've been calling globe for the past 2 weeks to get my log-in details for Netflix for our Broadband Account. They keep saying that they've already forwarded my request and it will takes 24-48 hrs for me to receive an email, It's already been 2 weeks and I didn't receive any email, any notification, any call or text.

reybarskie

I am still waiting for updates from Huawei support.

In as far as Free Netflix is concerned, I haven't received my link to activate it yet and still no updates from Globe as well.

I really hope they do something about this.

lorcan07

Hi,

May I know where did you request your loyalty availment? thru Globe Store? or thru Hotline?

fmartinezjr

Same here. First call to Globe customer support they said they'd be raising it to the backend team so they can mail me the VIP card.

Second call - told me to wait 48 hours

Third call - told me VIP Card is not available for recontracting customers.

lorenzskie_26

Mine is thru hotline as well. I raised my concern last October 25 when I got my Huawei P9 then I made a follow up last November 8, I was surprised that there's still no feedback since then. I'm gonna call tomorrow to follow up and will speak to a supervisor because this has already been 2 weeks and still there's nothing happens. Regarding the Netflix I haven't gotten a text message from globe. I called Globe Support regarding this and I was advised to wait for the redemption text message within 24 hrs or until tomorrow but if I want to receive my log-in details today, I can visit netflix.globe.com.ph. I almost clicked the agree button but I noticed that there's no FREE indicated on that website and they will charge me depending on the plan that I will be getting. I raised this to the Customer Service Rep and apologize for the misinformation. I'll try to call them again regarding VIP card and Netflix tomorrow.

lorenzskie_26

There's still no feedback regarding the Huawei VIP Card. I've called Globe Loyalty and Rewards Dept several times but still there's no update on their end. Regarding the free 6 mos Netflix I've already received the text message from Globe but I'm so disappointed with the app (movies and TV shows are not updated and limited) better to go to hdmovie2k.co to watch movies :/

jhaybrio

have you availed your plan via online or hotline cause promo varies there are promo that is only available thru online and different promo for hotline and globe store

mvalmocena

Hi, I got my p9 unit yesterday and I haven't received any VIP card I'm a new subscriber. So why I'm not getting this one. They are just posting a false advertisement to their website. As well the 6 most of Netflix. Darn, so disappointed. As per agent that I've talk, they didn't give VIP card anymore. But still there online store advertising it. Grrrr....