2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2016 12:12 PM by jpgwaps

Up to 30% of subscribed speed is not implemented

henrelle

Hi. Bakit po 256kbps nlng ang speed ko once ma consumed ko ang 50gb data ko sa LTE Home 1299 10mbps ko? nung nagpalagay kame,sabe ng sales agent over the phone, once consumed, it will throttled down to up to 30% of the subscribed speed. Eh wala pa ngang 30% ng subscribed speed ko yung nakukuha kong speed. Minsan maging totoo naman kayo sa mga sinsabe nio. It's very confusing. Nung nag aapply kami sabe up to 30% of the subscribed speed once data allocation consumed. And then your chat support is saying na up to 64kbps daw ang speed pag na consumed? ano ba talaga??

• Re: Up to 30% of subscribed speed is not implemented
          panzergeek

Hi, Globe was not clear when stating to everyone how much would be the speed after you've used your 50 gb, specially if your LTE 1299, Mostly you've been told "Ma'am/ Sir, if you use your 50 Gb your speed will be lowered to 30%".

90% of globe employees/reps think that fup still on going (I don't know why all rep/employees/ tech support was not updated about this and thinking  30% trotted speed is still ongoing for all broadband plans)

(This was removed after globe implemented lower Price plan for faster speed. Its an eye candy but it too good to be true, how can you lower a price if you will not sacrifice something.)

(10Mbps ==> 3 Mbps)....Well that's a LIE, specially for Broadband LTE Users.

From start we thought this was a tech issue. but its not. We've conducted a research about this, and in the end we found out.

1.) all existing LTE Broadband all speeds, 30% is not implemented anymore. does not matter if your an old subscriber (Oh contract?  globe does not bother) and a new one.

2.) the only subscribers that can retain this 30% fup policy  is the DSL users. (Funny dsl users has a data cap also)

3.)Globe did not clarify to the subscribers , before they sell their plans, they could just told up us upfront that speed will reach 250-65 kbps. but they used "may be lowered to 250-65kbps".

4.)New marketing strategy limited the data usage,due to prob supporting all sub asking for faster speed, globe system cant cope, if they make the speed much faster there will be a high demand in bandwidth, and since the bandwidth they can give is limited. why not limit the subscriber that use a large bandwidth and at the same time sell the bandwidth. i love their marketing stategy

sadly we don't have a law for this for current telco in the country exploiting this. and 98% of subscribers are not aware of this, shame no transparency, all about the money and to save their skins.

• Re: Up to 30% of subscribed speed is not implemented
              jpgwaps

panzergeek Thanks for clarifying this Sir Panzergeek. I am also experiencing the same. It started last month after reaching my monthly cap of 50gb. I am a Globe LTE subscriber since Oct 2015, they won't even bother calling me about their new FUP Policy.  I tried to call them last week but no one informed me about the .200kbps speed. Sadly, DSL is not available here in our subdivision nor other ISPs. I just hope that Globe can realize that the .200kbps is total BS and really painful, facebook won't even load in my desktop. Very frustrating!