27 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2017 7:44 PM by djoser

Endless investigations, but no return of missing prepaid loads.

pachomius

For over three years already, I am routinely missing load from my prepaid load.

I go to the Globe business office in Gateway Mall of Cubao to complain.

You know, dear readers, Globe has this most exasperating practice of insisting that they have to investigate before they will return your missing load.

Here is the situation.

I almost never use my cellphone for talk, it is always for text messages, for I have earned from many years of buying prepaid load cards a 1000 plus free text messages.

Next, I keep my cellphone turned off all the time, and I use it only to text out, or to receive text coming in, by first using my landline to tell my caller to text me back, and I will read his text message and text him my text answer - you get the idea.

Now, when I turn on my cellphone and text bal for balance, sending it to 222, the balance reported back is almost always lesser than the last balance report I got after I made a last text some days back, which text message is free (free from my accumulated number of text messages) as also the balance inquiry for balance inquiry is always free.

I have been to the Globe business office again and again with my complaint, and for everytime the Globe person tells me they are going to investigate - and next time it is the same, investigation is not yet finished.

So Globe almost never returns my missing loads, while it has already gotten my money when I bought prepaid load cards.

I even show the Globe person by texting bal in her presence, and the balance reported is lesser than the immediately preceding balance report, and all the use I made of the cellphone in between the two balances are all text messages.

The Globe person still tells me they have to investigate. and it has been investigations since many times back on the same complaint.

And they never tell me what investigations have turned up.

Whereas I show them that the trouble is not from my side, but from the side of Globe: so Globe has to return the missing loads.

Dear readers here, do you know at all why Globe has no explanation or they have but will not tell me.

Now, Globe is I suspect seriously, not reading all the complaints in the internet about missing prepaid loads, or if reading at all, Globe chooses to not do anything; anyway subscribers eventually have to just live with missing prepaid loads, and Globe is getting more profit with missing loads suffered by Globe prepaid subscribers.

I ask you, dear readers, what else but more profit to Globe is the end result of missing prepaid loads, and Globe doing nothing but investigating endlessly.

If there is some glitch with Globe, that glitch is certainly earning more profit for Globe, while Globe is investigating endlessly to fix the glitch.

What do you guys here say?

• Re: Endless investigations, but no return of missing prepaid loads.
          ezrapaulhull@gmail.com

The only solution left is to switch from Globe to Smart but still, ganun din sila may deductions sa prepaid load without the subscribers consent. It's like choosing between cancer or AIDS. That's the Philippine Telecommunication Monopoly at its finest.

matty53

My load goes missing to 20 peso a day even when I am in the UK I think I will get a smart sim as my wifes load never vanishs

pachomius

Today is Friday, Feb. 11, 2017, tomorrow Saturday I will go again to the same Globe Business Office to complain about my missing prepaid loads.

It will be the 5th Saturday I go there to complain.

I will be asking the same questions:

1. What is the cause of my missing loads? They will answer, We are investigating.

2. Will you please return my missing loads while you are investigating, because if it turns out that I am the one at fault, Globe can always take way the returned load? They will answer the same way again, We have to investigate before we do any return of missing load.

3. When will you finish your investigation? They will answer, We don't know.

4. Are you aware that there are so many subscribers voicing out their complaints in the internet? They will feel sorry for them, and assure me again, We will investigate, please come back after five days.

Dear guys here, What do you think, will the National Telecommunications Commission be helpful to us all with missing loads? I think you all should answer, We will investigate.

pachomius

The same trouble is happening to me no end in the Philippines with Globe Telecom Philippines.

I notice that my prepaid mobile phone load is missing fractions of hour prepaid for, i.e. when I have not been using it at all, then I text to Globe for the balance, the return message shows a diminished balance.

Tomorrow I will go to the Globe business office again to complain; it will be the sixth (6th) time I go to complain, since Dec. 12, 2016, today is Feb. 17, 2017.

The Globe attendant there will be telling me again as usual that they are investigating, that that will be already the 6th time, and my prepaid load in between each complaint is diminishing further even though I am not using my mobile phone at all, except when I use it I keep also record of how much of the load I have used up.

I am sure that is the instruction of Globe to their business office attendants to tell complaining subscribers, namely, that they are investigating.

On the 4th time I complained, the lady Globe attendant volunteered to pay me cash from her own pocket corresponding to the lost loads, but amounting to only 1/2 of my total cash lost from missing prepaid loads.

I told her, No, I cannot receive your kind offer, because it is not right at all; just tell Globe to find out what is the cause, and in the meantime return my lost loads: for Globe can always deduct loads if and when it can show me that the lost loads are actually incurred by me but I don't remember them or I forgot to keep records of them.

That was the 4th visit to complain.

In my 5th visit to complain, the attendant of Globe again went into telling me that they are still investigating, and I told her that they have been investigating for over one and a half months, they should already find the trouble.

This time the lady attendant let out that she would get another group of technicians to look into my complaint.

So, that is something new, namely, that there are other groups of 'investigators’, or that is another trick to make me wait and wait and wait, and finally no longer complain but just accept my increasing loss of prepaid loads.

Tomorrow I will again go to the Globe business office, and this time what will the Globe attendant tell me, that the new group of Globe technicians are now investigating my complaint, or what... will Globe finally return my lost loads?

I already told the lady attendant last time that I will be complaining until I either get to know the trouble and get my return of the lost loads, or I am going to make it to the Guinness' Records for the longest complaint against Globe for loss of my prepaid loads.

[A complaint from another part of the world on the same trouble]

I wonder if anyone has had the same experience of feeling ripped off by Tesco Mobile whilst in Andorra. Let me explain...

I have been coming to Soldeu for several years, my contract with Tesco Mobile is called "capped". That means that all roaming charges (calls, texts, received calls) must be paid for in advance like a pay-as-you-go phone. I would usually top up £10 to £20 in advance of my week. On arriving at Toulouse or Barcelona and switching on the phone I would get a "welcome to [abroadland] - calls cost 25p, texts cost 5p..." type message. Usually, part way through the week my phone would inexpliccably stop working (which the locals put down to Andorra-telecom), and start working again back in the UK.

Then 2 years ago I got an additional message "welcome to ANDORRA - calls cost 25p, texts cost 5p...". Again the phone stopped working by midweek, and I checked my PAYG balance. No prizes for guessing the balance was zero. I was slightly more tech savvy than before and looked up my online billing account....it appeared I'd been charged not 5p per text, but 40p; not 25p per minute but a whopping £1-50 per minute to receive a call !!

On return to Blighty I queried this with Tesco Mobile. They were very sympathetic but insisted I was charged correctly, and there was nothing more to add. I couldn't find that damned "welcome to ANDORRA..." text, but was adamant I'd read it correctly. So in a rare demonstration of determination I complained to the Ombudsman who also sympathised, but in the absence of any evidence....etc, etc. As luck would have it I subsequently stumbled across said message and sent it on to said Ombudsman with immediate effect: Tesco backed down, admitted their error, were very humble ("terrible mistake, blah, blah, will put it right, refund overcharging, blah, blah", etc., etc.).

Imagine my surprise (a tribute to VIZ) when the exact same thing happened again this February, and again being told 5p a text and being charged 40p...or rather a quick balance check on Tuesday revealed 90% of my credit had been used-up... I was too scared of the charges to answer any calls, and the phone predictably stopped working during the Shambles' performance (though I don't think even the Shambles could break a phone).

Now to the purpose of this post. No doubt others will have fallen foul of this gross overcharging, and it it clear that, despite Tesco claiming to have put things right, they haven't. So, if you are also a victim of Tesco Mobile in Andorra then I have the Ombudsman's report which should support your claim for a refund too. Post a reply if so, and I'll put up a reference or link.....but just a few replies are needed, there's no need to swamp the forum!!!

djoser

YEah I definitely agree. I actually resorted to chatting with their customer service so every response is documented. They give you reference number after reference number for the investigation and sometimes would promise you a reversal which would remain a promise. They actually admitted that they activated my roaming service for no apparent reason, maybe it is a way for their chat agents to get back to customers who keep on complaining about the NAKAW LOAD.

djoser

Here is the latest update with my ongoing complaint, since NAKAW LOAD continues to happen, I finally decided to seek a supervisor/manager. Was asked on my best contact number and best time to call. Advised them of my preferred time, which was last Wednesday at 2:00 pm. As of this time, no callback from their supervisor. And what is worse, no message or email coming from their supervisor explaining why they failed to contact me. And for sure, if I would make a follow up on this, I will be provided with another reference number.

pachomius

Here I am again, Pachomius de Aegypto, to report on the latest development in my loss of prepaid load.

(quote)“Tomorrow I will go to the Globe business office again to complain; it will be the sixth (6th) time I go to complain – sporadically at the start, since Dec. 12, 2016, today is Feb. 17, 2017.”(/quote)

So, I went there to the same Globe business office where I am already a familiar sight since from August 2015.

Miracle of miracles, the lady entertaining me, one already familiar to me, her name is J S; she gave me the usual spin on investigation etc., but finally she asked to see my id card, of course they have seen my id card nth times before.

I brought out my id card and she copied some data from it, and then – miracle of miracles! she informed me that at around near noon time the manager of the branch would be available, and she would present her recommendation for the refund of my missing load: so let me just wait until noon time and send the inquiry for balance, and it would read now an increase amounting to my reported loss.

When I got home I said to myself I would just wait until next Saturday, Feb. 25, 2017, which is today as I write this post: if there is no increase at all I am going to revisit the business office again. and it will be the 7th time every Saturday consecutively without fail for me to visit.

You know what, just today some minutes earlier I texted bal to Globe for balance and sent it to 222, and miracle of miracles, the balance has increased as was told to me by the lady attendant, J S.

So, lesson is to not give up, just keep on and on and on complaining when you know that you have been ripped off, from your hard earned money.

Next time again, I told the guard on the way out, perhaps some six or less months later.

In the meantime, all of us let us keep track of our notice of losses in our prepaid loss, so that we will know when we have been ripped off.

Pachomius de Aegypto

ANNEX

Re: Endless investigations, but no return of missing prepaid loads.

Pachomius de Aegypto Feb 17, 2017 12:16 PM (in response to Pachomius de Aegypto)

Currently being moderated.

The same trouble is happening to me no end in the Philippines with Globe Telecom Philippines.

I notice that my prepaid mobile phone load is missing fractions of hour prepaid for, i.e. when I have not been using it at all, then I text to Globe for the balance, the return message shows a diminished balance.

Tomorrow I will go to the Globe business office again to complain; it will be the sixth (6th) time I go to complain, since Dec. 12, 2016, today is Feb. 17, 2017.

The Globe attendant there will be telling me again as usual that they are investigating, that that will be already the 6th time, and my prepaid load in between each complaint is diminishing further even though I am not using my mobile phone at all, except when I use it I keep also record of how much of the load I have used up.

[…]

djoser

Good to hear that GLOBE finally were able to reverse the NAKAW LOAD. I also got a couple of LOAD reversals in the course of my daily complaints sometime in January. (*** Got 3 load reversal out of the PROMISED 6 or 7 reversal). But the issue remains, NAKAW LOAD continues to happen. I check my balance on a daily basis and PHP2.50 would consistently be deducted on my LOAD. I have been asking the chat agent to give me the list of ALL the REFERENCE NUMBER they have PROCESSED since December, hoping they would REALIZE how long the issue has been going on, so they could feel some URGENCY in RESOLVING the NAKAW LOAD. What is SAD about this, is that they do not have enough logical thinking to PROACTIVELY reverse the LOAD immediately after complaining about the NAKAW LOAD. You would still need to request for the REVERSAL. And they do not have the capacity to do TWO (2) transactions at the same time. Either they would process an OPT-OUT request (NAKAW LOAD REMOVAL) , or process a load reversal. It is giving me the IMPRESSION that the GLOBE CHAT AGENTS do not have enough COMMON SENSE or just don't CARE about their customers (or both).

I am hoping someone from GLOBE NETWORK  would be able read this and hopefully get the right course of action in resolving issues like this.

djoser

Made another follow up via the GLOBE chat option last night and up to now, no word from them. So as I continue to wait for the resolution of this case, the load I have continues to have deduction.

djoser

Made another follow up and this is the reply I got from their chat support

"There is still no feedback from our support about on this issue. Kindly monitor their feedback. Thank you for understanding."

djoser

Made another follow up last night, and this is their reply:

Hi there. I already forwarded an escalation for call out this coming Wednesday around 2 PM, and here is the reference number 151216xxx. Kindly keep open your line for you to receive the feedback. Thank you.

At least on this feedback they gave me a definite time and not the usual "Kindly monitor their feedback" spiel they give out for any follow ups. I was asking if it is going to be their supervisor / team leader who would do the call back or somebody from their so called Support Group. They keep avoiding to answer this directly. For reasons I don't know. But looking forward for tomorrow with this call back. Hope they keep their word on this. Because last week, they did not.

djoser

It is now Friday, I was really looking forward on the callback which was promised to me last Wednesday (and last last Wednesday), so at least I can share what could have been the action or the response of that supervisor or that person from the so-called support group (***Globe chat still hasn't replied directly on who is going to do the callback). But like what I expected, the callback did not happen. And again like the last time there was no feedback nor any email to explain for the failure of getting in touch with me. Aside from that, I also followed on the LIST of reference number last Tuesday, advising them that I would use it as reference for the coming callback. Here is my exact message after giving me the update on the scheduled callback (refer to my earlier post last Tuesday)

Thank you. How about the requested list of REFERENCE NUMBER. I will use it for tomorrows callback. Can I expect that before 2pm tomorrow? It has been 20 days since I requested for that LIST. I hope 3 weeks is enough for you be able to give me that list. "

And allow me to share the response of the GLOBE CHAT representative the next day (Wednesday 4:14pm):

"If this is still your concern, we advised you to keep your line active for feedback. Thank you."

I really hope someone from GLOBE would be able to read this and evaluate the quality of the service GLOBE CHAT support is doing. I posted also a feedback here in GLOBE Community under GLOBE IDEAS which summarizes my whole experience with GLOBE CHAT Support so far.

Globe Ideas 

djoser

I made another follow up on my ongoing concern with the GLOBE CHAT Support, here is my exact message:

"I no longer asks for a callback from your supervisor or from the support group. I am now asking for your MANAGER to call me up. Just give me the time and date and I will try my best to be available on that schedule. As for the LIST I clearly stated above that I was requesting for that LIST for 3 weeks. What made you think that it is a different CONCERN? Would you now be able to give me that LIST on your next reply before your MANAGER gets in touch with me?"

And as of this time, no replies yet from the GLOBE CHAT Support. 

djoser

After 2 days, Globe finally responded:

"We're here to assist you, Jo. Let us verify your account, can you provide us the following: *Frequently call or text. *The Last promo availed. *Last reloading with date and amount. We'll wait for your response for us to assist your concern. Thanks."

And here is my reply to them:

"To assist me on this case, give me the list of all the reference number you have processed since December , and then advise ur manager to get in touch with me."

djoser

Got this reply from GLOBE CHAT support :

"We hope that we will be able to resolve your concern. For a faster and better assistance, you may give us your account number, account name, mobile number and experience you had with your concern in direct message or private message. Thanks!"

I replied with:

"To resolve this concern, give me the list of all the reference number you have processed since December on your NEXT REPLY, and then advise ur manager to get in touch with me."

killabitch

The last time i spoke to their CSRs re this problem, sabi nila ginagawan na daw ng paraan ng system nila ung mga nakaw load nila, sa case ko kasi may mga 4 digit number na nagpapadala ng sms sa # ko at automatic na nagchacharge kahit hindi naman ako nag subscribe, last year ko pa ito inereport, and sad to say samlahat ng nakausap ko na CSR, wala silang naitulong , oo binabalik un load pero  sa mga susunod na araw kukunin ulit nila.. Until now ganito pa rin relationship namin ni globe... At nakakapagod na!

djoser

YEah sad to say, it seems the network is content with these process. Agents handling customers who complains about this and submits a report. You are fortunate if the LOAD would be reversed. But like what you said, the NAKAW LOAD would continue to happen. It is like a never ending cycle, which would only stop if you give up and stop from complaining or if you would make a decision of switching network. Sana in the near future ma adopt na talaga iyong Mobile Number Portability para you can keep your number even if you have to change network.

matty53

globe grrrrrrrr just stopped my roamimg now sill got 1.98 load tho see how long its lasts before that is taken i am in the uk now wont be back for a month so no globe number for 4 weeks as they never activte roaming when your not in the philippines

pachomius

This is again from Pachomius de Aegypto.

Up to the present I have not read any explanation from Globe on why and how prepaid load gets lost, it should not happen at all.

Either Globe's technicians are incompetent or their software is defective, or Globe really intends to rip off their prepaid subscribers, and get more money without earning it, to earn it means to compensate with a profit by performing the service to prepaid subscribers, through a corresponding deduction from their prepaid load.

You see, I use my bank deposit atm cards to buy in stores which accept such atm cards of their linked up banks, and I also get to receive from banks at certain times gift cards which entitle me to buy with these gift cards until the gift amount of money is used up.

It is really amazing how things are done by these banks so exactly correct to the last centavo; but it should not surprise us, because the system is all computerized: you use the card to buy something, automatically there is a corresponding deduction from the balance of your bank deposit card or your bank gift card.

On two occasions there was a mistake, namely, with the first time an item was charged to me at the cashier's post, because it was mistakenly included among the things I put on the check out counter, without me knowing it, but I noticed the wrong item when I got home.

So I went back to the supermarket to complain, returning the item that I did not buy but was mistakenly put into the shopping bag of the supermarket, which was intended to contain my purchases - the other time an item was accidentally scanned twice.

On both occasions I brought the receipts with me, to complain; and you know that the receipt has all the data of time, place, cashier on duty, amount of money, item, etc., etc., etc., the date and time in the receipt is even clocked to the seconds.

On both occasions I was told to see the personnel in the information booth, and these personnel made some inquiries right away; and you know what, they told me, to check again my balance after some not more than two days, i.e. 48 hours.

And you know what, the balances of the two cards were corrected to the last centavo when I checked some two days later.

You see, I have internet access to the bank websites of all my bank accounts, and also of the banks that give me free gift cards, for me to buy from stores having arrangement with the banks: the internet access enables me to track my balances of my deposit accounts and also of balances in the gift cards.

Now, Globe is not any sari sari store, it is handling money from its customers like supermarkets and even more than supermarkets, and it is like also a bank when it comes to credit and debit of money from its customers.

Why is there with Globe always mysterious loss of prepaid loads?

Globe is absolutely answerable to its prepaid customers, and must always refund the lost loads; but it does not, instead it chooses to spin excuses in the guise of investigations after the fact, on your or our complaints of missing prepaid loads.

I have to say this: Globe is not pursuing ethical standards in handling the prepaid loads of its its prepaid subscribers.

Some years back there was a senate hearing headed by Enrile who was also complaining about disappearing prepaid loads, but sad to say with this country and government, nothing came out of it – as usual, which is another mystery of life in this country, and we have no country else to live in except this one where we got born in.

menwin

I always register for globe's gotscombo70 5days 1gb with unlimited text i pay 100pesos and i dont even know where is the remaining 30pesos i make sure that i turn off my data on the 5thday so that when i use my internet it wont charge me

menwin

I always register for globe's gotscombo70 5days 1gb with unlimited text i pay 100pesos and i dont even know where is the remaining 30pesos i make sure that i turn off my data on the 5thday so that when i use my internet it wont charge me

djoser

Globe should be aware of this case. I suggest to coordinate with them either through their hotline or if you wish to have a black and white copy of your complaints do it on their GLOBE Chat support. So you will always have record of the Reference number they will process for you. Like what I did. even though issue is still not resolved with my case, I can always use this as reference if I would decide to go to their Business Centers and let the Manager read the whole transcript or perhaps to NTC if GLOBE will not pursue in STOPPING all these NAKAW LOAD.