1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 6, 2017 4:03 PM by vindesel

Apple Announces (RED) iPhone 7, New 9.7 Inch iPad!

iamlianixx

Just last Tuesday, Apple announced a bunch of new stuff! There's a lot to unpack from their announcements, so let's get right into it!

Special Edition (RED) iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus!

product_red_main.jpg

Since a decade ago, Apple collaborates with the non-profit organization (RED) with (PRODUCT)RED™ stuff. Not only are you getting a gorgeous red device, but a portion of your purchase goes to supporting the fight against HIV/AIDS!

Like the Jet Black color, the (RED) iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are available in 128GB and 256GB models only. Price in Apple’s online store starts at P43,990 for the (RED) iPhone 7 128GB and P50,990 for the (RED) iPhone 7 Plus 128GB.

You can order them in Apple’s Online Store starting at 11:01PM on March 24.

iPhone SE Gets Double the Storage

iphonese-gallery1-2016.jpg

Unlike the iPhone 7, the iPhone SE only gets a modest storage boost. For the same price as before, the entry-level iPhone SE gets 32GB instead of 16GB! The higher-end one gets 128GB instead of 64GB.

The 32GB iPhone SE costs P23,590 while the 128GB one costs P29,590. Same as the (RED) iPhone 7, you can order one starting at 11:01PM on March 24.

A New Affordable iPad!

Screen_Shot_2017_03_21_at_12.44.16_PM.1490100093.png

Apple also announced a new 9.7 inch iPad that replaces the iPad Air 2 in the lineup. This new iPad has the same 9.7-inch screen as the iPad Air 2. It also rocks Apple’s A9 chip and 2GB RAM found in the iPhone SE and iPhone 6s. They also discontinued the iPad mini 2, which was the most affordable iPad available until last Tuesday.

The new 9.7-inch iPad starts at P18,990 with 32GB of storage. Unlike the iPad Pro models, this iPad only comes in Gold, Silver, or Space Gray.

I wish they would release BLACK iPads though. Maybe on the next iPad Pro models?

Other Announcements

20640-22700-collage-top-l.jpg

Apple also announced new watch bands for the Apple Watch in time for Spring and a new Clips app that is coming with the release of iOS 10.3. More info on Apple’s new stuff are on apple.com/newsroom.

Are you planning to buy any of these new Apple products? Sound off in the comments!

Hey, I’m Jullian! When I’m not here sharing stuff in Globe Community, I write on my tech blog: Utterly Random Techie. Check my blog out at utterlyrandomtechie.com!