10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2017 6:25 PM by nealpep

New Broadband Plans Capped Speed Now Only 256kbps Instead of 30%?

rsahagun22

so apparently, meron bagong set of offer ang globe broadband. yung Go Big, na kaka release lang starting June 1st. mas malaki ang data allocation pero mas mabagal nang kaunti ang speed compared sa existing plans.

old school yung plan ko, meaning per day ang data allocation. kapag naubos ko, refresh ulit kinabukasan. pero 3mbps lang speed ng plan ko. so talagang plan ko na magpaupgrade dun sa the same price point sa plan ko to 1299/10mbps 100gb/month. ok lang sakin yun kasi nga ang pagkakaalam ko, 30% of the subscribed speed (unlimited) after maconsume ang data allocation (DSL).

pero to my surprise, hindi na daw ganoon ang regulations nila, according dun sa agent na nakausap ko. 256kbps na lang speed mo pag naubos mo allowance kahit anong plan ang kuhanin (either yung existing or yung bago). so nauwi ako na ipa "upgrade" to Plan Go Big 1299/5mbps na may 300gb+100gb for youtube allowance. hindi ko naman mauubos ang sobra sobrang allowance base sa average consumption ko monthly. pero still, in case na may mga nakigamit at naubos ang data, yung inaasahan ko na 30% speed eh 256kbps na lang.

pwede po ba paki confirm kung totoo nga ba 'to? 256kbps na lang speed mo pag naubos ang data, mapa LTE or DSL? wala na yung 30% of the subscribed speed? sayang, 30% kasi ng 10mbps ay 3mbps, so ok lang sana. pero kung 256kbps na lang, eh nga-nga na lang siguro.

• Re: New Broadband Plans Capped Speed Now Only 256kbps Instead of 30%?
          ulyvictoria
          sad to say it's true

ah.png

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            mokong

Globe has change its policy even without informing their subscribers. I'm subscribed to the old Plan 1599 with 150 GB of data allocation at 15 Mbps speed. But suddenly Globe throttled down the speed to 256 Kbps instead of the usual 4.5 Mbps (30%) after capping out. I have to purchase volume boost and spend at least 297 pesos a month for this alone. So, right now I'm spending an average of 1,896 pesos for a data of only 300 GB. I'm now planning to switch to PLDT's Fibr UNLIMITED Plan 1899 with 20 Mbps speed at 50% discount of MRF for the first 6 months.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                chriswayg

We had the same problem with this plan. Globe promised us 30% throttle upon signing up in July to the P1599 20Mbps/150GB plan for 24 Months. They did not fulfill their promise, as detailed in a complaint filed in writing at their office. I have asked them for a monthly bill adjustment of P300, because they changed the conditions of contract without informing us and without our consent.

Here is part of the complaint I filed with them:

At multiple occasions we inquired about what happens after we consume the 150 GB?

• Globe office in SM Davao City, as well as other Globe sales people trying to sell the contracts door to door in Matina, informed us in July, before signing the contract, that we would be throttled to 30% of 20 Mbps!
                • Customer Service (211), as well as a team of 4 installers from FiberHome confirmed, that upon reaching the 150 GB Data cap, we would be throttled to 30% of 20 Mbps!
                • After we reached our data cap on the 21st of August and calling Customer Service (211), they again confirmed (even asking a supervisor), that upon reaching the 150 GB Data cap, we would be throttled to 30% of 20 Mbps!
                • Various newspaper publications and web forums also confirmed, that the throttle is supposed to be 30% of contracted bandwidth.

Thus we should be throttled to 6 Mbps, but in reality we are throttled to about 300 - 400 Kbps and the internet is unusable. Additionally., the abysmal quality of the throttling makes using the internet impossible, because Globe's faulty throttle technology results in packet loss of about 20%, which causes many websites and internet applications to fail completely.

Have you filed a complaint with Globe against changing your existing contract conditions?

gyomorales

This is a complete breach of contract, we've signed up for 30% throttle down.. pero binago nila without us knowing it.. and I feel helpless na wala man lang mapag complainan about this.

Obviously this against the law or I should say "Should be against the law". With the rotten system here in the Philippines.. hangga't kaya tayo lokohin ng Globe gagawin nila because we have no power over them.. wala din naman ginagawa sa kanila ang gobyerno so they keep pushing the limits of f***king over us.

Welcome to 2017 guys have fun using the 256kbps.

chriswayg

Yes, to me it is a breach of contract, but IANAL and it is doubtful, that there would be any consequences for Globe Telecon Inc. As a result I have to pay about P300 to P600 per month more than expected (for the extra Volume Boosts) to be able to use the connection as initially contracted.

Who would you complain to? Would the DTI act? Is there an office of consumer protection? Are there any independent media, which would even report on this? My complaint was deleted (censored) previously, as apparently Globe moderators did not like to have it appear in Google search results, after it had been initially approved and available in the forum for a few weeks.
                        Screenshot 2017-10-03 18.51.33.png

nealpep

If Globe can get away with unilaterally changing previously agreed upon terms with their subscribers (getting 30% of the plan's speed upon reaching data cap), this will embolden them to do more drastic moves to the detriment of subscribers in the future.  Such is the sorry state of consumer rights in the Philippines. 

redbol

We talked to NTC regarding this concern and they said that all of us affected by this deception by Globe should collectively file a formal complaint so that NTC can investigate this fiasco. Hope that we can all find time to coordinate with one another and hopefully put an end to this money-making scheme of Globe Telecoms!

One more thing, Globe, since you intentionally altered our contract why not just also waive your 2 year lock of period of our DSL subscription so that we can have it disconnected without charge and transfer to a more honest provider?

ChitoReyes

I have experienced Globe changing their definition of the Fair Use Policy when it comes to data at least 5 times in the past. Call it unfair but that is the sad truth and a reflection of how weak our consumer laws are.