you just need to login to your modem's emulator page. check the ip address printed in the sticker at the back of your modem, normally it starts with 196, username and password is also printed there. Once logged in then you will be able to manage the settings of youe wifi modem and then just navigate and look for the option to change the password
Hello, I am also facing same issue with my router, actually I have applied Reset Netgear Router Password option then I didn’t get any mail to reset my router password and when I tried to again login, it is generating an error message that is “Invalid password”. So tell me is there another way to change the router password.
First of all, Log into your account by opening the browser window and entering the IP address. A login screen will appear, asking for the username and password. Then, Change your username and password in the Administrative or Security Tab. For more help, I recommend calling Balkin support phone number.
How to setup Netgear DSL Modem Router using Netgear genie interface?
Are you looking to setup a DSL internet network using Netgear router that has Netgear genie interface? Is yes, then here we have the entire procedure for this setup that will help you in configuring the devices yourself at home. You need not to look for any technical assistance; just follow the procedure in a sequential manner and your Netgear DSL Modem Router will be configured.
Procedure for configuring Netgear DSL Modem Router with Netgear genie interface:
- Locate the DSL port on your Netgear DSL modem router. Once you find it connect the DSL port with phone line through a DSL micro-filter.
- Connect the Netgear DSL modem router to any working power outlet and turn ON the power outlet. Wait till the router boots up to start working. Kindly, note that if you possess any pre-existing DSL modem or DSL modem router, and then ensure you have removed them completely from the network. It is because they can cause an interruption in the configuration procedure. If ever you face any issue while making these connections then kindly get in touch with netgear router support persons for clarifying the doubts related to connections.
- Launch any of the internet web browsers on your computer or internet connected another device. If you will launch the web browser on your computer then you will be automatically directed to the setup page for Netgear genie. In case you are not directed automatically then enter the URL as http://www.routerlogin.net and press enter key or click on “Go” to reach the setup page. If you are unable to access the setup page through this URL also then try to access it with the help of IP address i.e. http://192.168.0.1. Try using it as an URL and check whether now you are able to access the Netgear genie setup page.
- Once the setup page will load up, you will find the page labeled as “configuring the Internet connection.” Here at this page you will be asked “Do you want Netgear genie to help?” So select the option for “yes” and click on the button for “Next.”
- Now, you will be asked to specify the Country you live in. So select your Country from the available drop down list and click on the “next” button.
- The Netgear genie setup window will automatically start detecting the type of available internet connection.
- After this a PPPoE DSL internet connection will be identified and you will be asked to enter the user name and password. Both of these login credentials would have been provided to you by your respective internet service provider. So type in the given username and password and click on the button for “Next.”
- Once the login details are submitted and verified as correct, it will start initializing internet settings. A “Congratulations” message will display on the screen saying that your internet connection has been established successfully.
So, this was all how one can setup Netgear DSL Modem Router using Netgear genie interface. Once you are all set with connection you can test the internet by clicking on the button for “Take me to the Internet.” In case, at last if you do not receive a “Congratulations” message then verify the correctness of your login credentials and try again. If the issue is still not resolved then feel free to contact netgear router tech support persons for advanced help steps.