26 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2017 10:31 PM by truefilipina25

Has anyone else had their HOOQ Subscription discontiued by Globe?

truefilipina25

I just signed up for Globe Home Tattoo Broadband and included in my Plan1299 was a free subscription to HOOQ which is an online movie streaming network similar to Netflix. I just tried logging in to my HOOQ account and was notified that I no longer have a subscription. When I contacted HOOQ to get an explanation, they told me to contact GLOBE as only Globe can add or cancel my subscription as it is a Globe freebie and they are not authorized to remove my subscription. So I contacted Globe and questioned them about why they refused to honor the plan agreement that I signed and was agreed to by both parties. I was surprised when they told me to contact HOOQ and register my complaint with them. So I did and was again contacted by HOOQ who informed me that Globe has refused to give them the confirmation needed to fix the problem with my HOOQ subscription. I then filed a complaint with Globe customer service support and after 20 days, they no longer return my E-mails or bother to contact me in any way regarding the issue. Till this day while I am typing this, they still have not sent HOOQ any kind of confirmation or bothered reaching out to me to get the issue corrected. I have never encountered such poor customer service in my whole entire life. has anyone else had a similar problem with GLOBE not honoring their contract?

• Re: Has anyone else had their HOOQ Subscription discontiued by Globe?
          truefilipina25

Please see the thread opened by Tatisay for more information.

truefilipina25

Update July 18 2017.

Still not a peep from Globe Support it seems they are aware of the problem but have no intentions of finding a resolution. I also found out today that there are many others that Globe has don't this to. It seems most of the HOOQ subscriptions that were cancelled by Globe, were all cancelled on the same day. June 30th 2017. I continue to be patience and hope Globe returns the HOOQ subscriptions that they took from its customers.

truefilipina25

Hi guys.. For those who are tracking this thread in regards to a HOOQ subscription issue that Globe erroneously ended, here is the latest update and response from Globe..

Good evening, Sonia. Our systems are currently taking a break, to ensure they remain healthy and capable to handle your requests. We can still answer basic inquiries on your account and take on requests for Volume Boost, and the reconnection or repair of your line. However, we will not be able to attend to account related changes such as updating your account information, or processing add-on requests like Spotify or HOOQ. Rest assured that our systems will be up and ready again to attend to your other requests by Thursday, July 20. Thank you for your understanding.

truefilipina25

I will continue to update you all as more information comes in.. I hope this helps someone out there reading this.

truefilipina25

Still trying to work out a solution, Globe has been little to no help at all. May be an update coming in the next day or so. I'll post here the solution for those that have had this problem.

truefilipina25

CONCLUSION:

From all information provided and thoroughly investigated it now appears that Globe Telecom deliberately cancelled my HOOQ subscription. No explanation was ever provided to me nor was a solution/ remedy ever found. After repeated E-mails and conversations with various members of Globes Customer Support staff, it appears now that the Globe Telecoms Department that handles HOOQ subscriptions has lied to me and gave me misinformation in order to cover the tracks of the upper management team. This is in violation of the 2017 Globe Telecom Handbook for Rules and Ethnics. I have presented my case to Globe Telecoms supervisory staff and the results were quite astonishing. They have blamed HOOQ for cancelling my HOOQ subscription even when I presented them evidence to the contrary. HOOQ can not cancel or upgrade a HOOQ/ Globe subscription, only Globe has the authorization to do that. When I presented this fact to Globe Telecom, they again lied to me and once again passed the buck to HOOQ, knowing full well that only Globe can fix this problem. I may it clear to Globe that I dont appreciate being misled and lied to and fed misinformation in order to cover up the fact that they cancelled a HOOQ subscription that was very much active and paid for.

My next step is notify the Globe Board of Directors and to reach out to Globe Telecom Shareholders, I'm sure they will love to hear my story. For anyone who has experienced a similar problem with Globe not honoring a contract agreement, my advice is to you is to spread your displeasure far and wide and make more Globe customers and potential new subscribers  aware of the dirty deeds done by Globe Telecom so that they will think twice before signing a contract in the future and having to deal with the same arrogance that Globe had put me through. Good Luck and feel free to message me or comment on my thread, I have gained so much understanding on how Globe Telecom handles problems, that maybe I can help you find the solution to yours. In the meantime I advise anyone considering Globe Telecom for their Internet/ Mobile needs, to stay far away from Globe or later, you will be sorry.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                        chriswayg

Hi and thanks for posting this, as Globe seems to make promises which it is not willing to keep. I started a thread here regarding their deceptive promise of 30% throttling speed on FiberHome connections, which they still tell people, even though it is not true:

Globe misleading new Fiber subscribers about 30% throttle after reaching Data Cap! Your experience?

Regarding HOOQ and Disney (free Subscriptions for new subscribers):

I have followed up more than three times for one month regarding activating my 6 months of Disney and 2 months of HOOQ, but they are unable to get it to work. - Just the 6 months of Netflix were credited  successfully.

I have had a number of other issues which show a lack of technical understanding, an unwillingness to provide written information, when asking for contractual details and generally contradictory information, once you ask more than two customer service people regarding the same issue. - Information and promises are not noted down in service requests (within a given reference number), even at the Globe office, and things do not work within the timeframe given by the CSR's.

How do you contact (upper) management regarding filing an official complaint?

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                          turm

Hi Truefilipina25,

Nangyari din sa akin to. Sasaming ticket number at supervisors ng convergys.. wala pa rin nangyayari.. dapat ata mareklamo ang convergys at mareport to sa Globe mismo.. ang worst inupgrade nila plan ko na walang pasabi.. edi wala na hooq ko at Nba. Sana nga masumbong na sila.. mga taga convergys kasi nakakausap ko e.. baka kailangan globe personnel talaga. Sana maayus natin to.

More power

truefilipina25

Thanks for the info Turm, I'm never going to give up finding the truth about what happened to all of our HOOQ subscriptions, NBA League pass and Spotify. Globe Telecom owes their customers an explanation and an apology as far as I'm concerned. In the meantime, I wont be advising anyone to sign on with Globe Telecom until Globe rectifies the mess they have made to thousands of their account holders..It's not right what they did.

elena57

nkakapagod na. Nung June p q nagrereklamo about sa hOOQ. Ung skin nga unlimited Data tpos continue nmin cya after 2 yrs bugla nging 50gb ng wlang psabi. Grabe gngwa nla stin. Nkakafrustrate nga hayyy. Paulit ulit ang tnung nila name account no. screenshot dto screenshot duon. Hanggang kailan mtatapos ito?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                              truefilipina25

Hello chriswayg, Hello elena57..

I know your frustrations and anger, I can relate to the problems you are you both experiencing with Globe. The only way we loyal Globe customers can change things is, if we continue to make people aware of these problems. Globe has done little to address our concerns and seems to not care enough to make the changes needed to satisfy us. The best way to counter their ignorance is to hit them where it hurts....In their pocketbooks and wallets. Once enough people have taken a stance against their foolishness, maybe then they will make the necessary changes needed to address the problems of their customers. I literally have done everything within my power to confront Globe Telecom but I was met with denial and more ignorance. It seems they are well aware of our problems, but they do not wish to correct each of our issues as it will cost them money and more Gigs to fix. So Plan B is to tell all of your family, friends, neighbors and relatives and so on about your experience with Globe Telecom and how lousy their service is and how disappointed you are in the manner in which they treated you. This is what I have been doing and so far I have reached over 1 thousand people who will now think twice about signing up for any of Globe Telecoms services...

elena57

nagsend c GLOBE ng message limited access daw nila sa HOOQ. While last time kinausap ko HOOQ c GLOBE daw ang d nag aactivate p ng account q s knila. Wow tlga ha. onti n lng tlga hayyy

chriswayg

Large corporations will not listen to their customers as long as there is no effective competition. PLDT-Smart-Sun versus Globe are a duo-monopoly in the market, and in many cases only one or the other is available. The customer service with PLDT/Smart is usually worse and DSL service has been getting less reliable over the last 6 months, and prices have actually increased. I have experience with both companies spanning about 20 years and things have improved only slightly.

Globe Fiber is technically better, than what PLDT was providing to us, but many issues take a lot of follow up to resolve. For example, just changing the subscription from 20Mbps/150 GB to 10Mbps/500GB within the same P1599 plan, took weeks, with six times to follow up and four different reference numbers for their service tickets, which they kept closing.

Thus I'm still looking for an email address of people in management positions at Globe. Could you please share one that you have used?