96 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2017 10:28 PM by jade_ml

Anti Bill Shock - Now Slow Browsing?

ako.si.raff

Ngayon ko lang na experience ito, lagi ko sinasagad data ko sa isa kong account para maabot ko yun Bill Cap na 1,500 at same padin yung speed ng data ko. Pero ngayon araw, na receive ko tong text from globe.

"Dear customer, we noticed that your plan's mobile data allocation has been used up and your usage is now exceedingly high. To maintain quality service for all customers, we're now shifting you to slower browsing speed until the end of the month. For higher data allocation, you may want to consider applying for a Globe At Home plan via (02) 7301010. Thank you."

Sobrang bagal ng internet ko. Kaya tumawag ako sa Globe, sabi ng agent na nakausap ko, every start ng month daw ang refresh nito at bagong policy daw ng Globe na pag na reach na yun Bill Cap na 1500 maging Slow Browsing nadin talaga. Parang ang unfair naman yun mag bayad ng 1500 pero slow browsing.

Sino po naka experience neto? Tama ba yun agent na bagong policy to or System Error lang at na tiempuhan lang account ko?

Thanks!

• Re: Anti Bill Shock - Now Slow Browsing?
          jade_ml

Experienced the same! Was just about to post my own experience when I saw yours Same issue lang, bumagal na ng sobra internet ko na halos pati Spotify streaming di na maayos. Since last week ko na experience, nasa between 0.07-0.1 mbps (100kbps ONLY!) average speed. I am under Plan 1499 and alam ko rin na sumosobra ako sa data allowance ko, but like you I also PAY an additional para dun sa anti bill-shock every month.

Pero I never got a text message like yours. I called their hotline and the agent told me the same, na kasama daw number ko sa listahan ng high usage. So kahit na may data allowance pa ko for this month na 1G, and that I'm willing to pay the additional for the bill cap, naka throttle na ung speed ko. I asked the agent kung bago lang ba to and she said June-July daw. I'm so frustrated right now. I'm for recontracting pa naman and I'm now considering whether I should kung eto na bagong norm

logandionio

So just called the hotline because my wife reeieved the same thing lasy week and now meron nang 1500 na data overage yung wife ko, according sa rep its because wala na daw yung bill shock na feature wherein we wont be charged more than 1500php for data (gosurf 999 + 501 overage) and now pinalitan sya ng 1500 maximum overage for data, and wala tongb notification from anywherez

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  kahlilpanopio

I also just called 211 and agent Joan with employee number ZETL8945 said the same thing. According to Joan, Globe released a new memo titled "ARCHBISHOP" (don't ask me about this as it also does not make sense to me) which changes the mechanics of anti-bill shock from paying a maximum of 1500PHP to Paying 2500PHP.

I recently renewed my subscription and was updated to Plan 1499 (999 GoSurf and 500 for Unli calls to Globe and TM and unli-text to all networks). So from my usual bill of 2000PHP for maximizing the anti-bill shock feature, I would now have to pay 3000PHP if I still want to continue maximizing the anti-bill shock feature.

This needs to be explained by Globe through an online post, article, an email, or a text blast at the very least. The explanation given by their customer service representatives contradict each other and makes the situation even more complicated. I demand to see a copy of the new policy to be able to make my own interpretation and instead of being kept in the dark.

trixiecacho

Happened to me as well. My only question is why havent we been informed first hand? We signed for globe knowing theres no Fair use policy in GOSURF. We know about the anti bill shock. Why a sudden change without us knowing?

jade_ml

Exactly! The worst part is how they seemed to have changed it without notifying their customers at all. What ticks me the most is that even if I haven't used up my data allowance for the month, I've been relegated to slow speed because I availed of the Anti-bill shock before and thus my number is on their "high usage list". It's like since they have newer plans now, "patapon" na ung older plans and they don't care. Sad for those still under the Go SURF plans with lock-in. It's like keeping their customers hostage.

Internet speed is so bad, photos in IG and FB take a while to show. And don't get me started on any videos. For youtube, the only way I can use it continuously now is to watch in 144p video quality. It's that bad.

I distinctly remember calling their hotline sometime last year to confirm how the Anti-Bill shock works and asked the agent, if I exceed my data limit will my speed be throttled? and they said a BIG NO. Then this.

I contacted their customer hotline again last week and basically, they advised me to avail of the GLOBE Home Plans to supplement my data needs. In other words, the only option they're giving me is to live with the new rule or buy more services from them.

arvin.rico

same tayo.. last week kasama daw aq sa high usage ng mobile data pero skin nmn is sinusulit ko  ung  plan ko and willing nmn aq mag pay kung lumampas man ako sa data cap ko.. and buti p nga kayo nakakapag  fb pa akyo and you tube pero ung akin.. messenger lng..  tumwag n din aq sa hotline nila sb nila aug 1 daw mababalik ung speed ko pero gang ngyn wala pa din..  grabe

kurog

Not trying to defend Globe but the fine print on the contract says their policies may change without prior notice. Taht's why we were not notified of the changes.

Due to my situation where I can't get a fixed internet installed at my place,  I also take advantage of the anti-bill shock feature each and every month and just last month, about halfway through my billing cycle, I received the same text message from Globe. So, I had to endure the super slow speeds until today, the start of my billing cycle.

In fairness to one of the agents I spoke with when I was inquiring about the anti-bill shock, she said that the FUP will kick in after you consume an additional 50GB under anti-bill shock. I've been using up to 250GB monthly so maybe that's why I was tagged as an excessive user by their system. Take note that I spoke with literally more than 10 agents before I agreed to get the GoSurf and only one of them was honest enough to admit the 50GB limitation. So I was kinda expecting to be subjected to FUP but this is the first time I was.

Right now, I'm being very careful while using my mobile data, setting YouTube to play at 360p/480p instead of 1080p or higher, and avoiding watching those nonsense time-wasting videos on Facebook.

Good thing I have a SIM-only plan, so I can switch to Smart anytime if they have a better offer. Or maybe I can get another SIM-only plan and an extra pocket WiFi if I don't have another choice. That means I will be paying 3000 pesos for internet plus 499 for my Globe unli call and text plan. That's an awful lot for something that's only being used by myself.

jade_ml

So today I got the message that I had unbilled usage more than the limit of my plan and my outgoing services were disconnected even if I was current with my bill. I think similar with @logandionio. Called the hotline again to ask why all this is happening and what is going on and the agent confirmed that the Anti-Bill shock feature is no more. Even the Agent admitted that they were getting similar calls and that they are aware that customers were not informed about the changes. So all he could do was to temporarily connect my line and wait for my next bill to call again and complain about the charges

I know Globe can definitely change services at their whim and for which customers will have no choice as per the Terms and Conditions. But proper information dissemination can go a long way to retain customer loyalty. I am up for re-contracting and I'm now thinking of just availing their sim-only plan, same with @kurog so there's no lock-up

kurog

Apparently, Globe decided to replace the Anti-Bill Shock with Bill Protect. If I understood it correctly, it's basically the same as the Anti-Bill Shock but instead of paying only 1500 pesos for your mobile data usage, you will be paying 1500 pesos on top of your GoSurf subscription.

That means if you have GoSurf 499, you'll be paying a total of 1999 pesos for mobile data.

That also means if you have a spending limit and your spending limit can't accommodate the additional 1500 pesos, your mobile data will be disconnected.

Hopefully, I understood it correctly. I will call Globe when I get home and will report back when I get more info.

Sent from my iPhone

jade_ml

If true that's quite steep! tsk tsk. So if I have the Go Surf Plan 999 (with call and txt my actual plan is 1499), plus that new Bill Protect, it means I'll be paying 3,000 per month total for 5gb of data?! That doesn't sound right...

Also, if the additional charge is more than your spending limit, they don't just cut your data, they cut ALL OUTGOING SERVICES which include calls and text, as what happened to me just this morning. I'm lucky my 2 years is up. Imagine if this happened within my lock-up period and I wanted to opt out  - they'd make me pay the exorbitant termination fee or deal with it.

kurog

If I did understand the Bill Protect correctly, you will still have a work around so you don't have to pay that much.

I believe the Bill Protect applies as long as you have a 30-day GoSurf subscription. That means you can downgrade your GoSurf to GoSurf 99 with 200MB data valid for 30 days. That way, when Bill Protect kicks in, and if it works the same way as Anti-Bill Shock, you will only need to pay 1599 for your mobile data plus the 500 for your unlimited call and text.

Hopefully I'm right about this because if I am, we're not totally doomed yet.

Sent from my iPhone

jade_ml

I so hope you are! But then again if that is true, they'd still throttle the speed for "high usage" as they did which was really painfully slowww it was almost non-existent.

Funny that the agent I spoke to this morning never mentioned that Bill Protect when I asked what happens now that the Anti Bill shock is gone. He said there were no other options. Seems like even they're not sure what's going on

kurog

That's another problem with Globe. Not every employee knows about changes woth their products and policies.

It's the same with their physical stores. I had this experience when I was speaking with a customer rep and whatever question I threw at her, she had to ask her colleague for the answer. Out of frustration, I asked her to call her supervisor as it was clear she didn't know anything about their company.

The new policy about the Bill Protect was implemented yesterday. Curiously, my GServices app says Globe stopped billing me at 893.75 pesos. So, 893.75 plus tax equals 1001 plus GoSurf 499 equals 1500 pesos. Do i still have the Anti-Bill Shock?

We'll find out when I call their hotline.

ramlars2016

The lowest gosurf plan I saw was 299.

But still, why can they change stuff like that without any information? Unfair kasi.

ramlars2016

Scratch that. The lowest ThePlan now is 599 pesos. It gives you 799 credits to use to sign up for plans. So basically with the 599 plan, yung 799 can be 499 unli call text and 299 for 1.5gb data.

Yung problem lang is if I downgrade, baka baguhin na naman nila ng walang abiso ang terms... Seriously lang, dapat bawal ganun....

ChitoReyes

The only thing consistent here is Globe... In my vast experience with the company, they have changed their Fair Usage Policy when it comes to surfing at least 4 times since 2006 without informing subscribers.

It is so strange since many of their US counterparts which they have been quoting as their industry standards have been offering unlimited data once again.

kurog

That's what I really hate about Globe. They entice you with their offers and when you're already on board, locked for 24 months, the decide to f$&# you up by changing their policies.

I've been with Globe for about 15 years now. From when I was in High School using their prepaid for 10 years until I decided to switch to postpaid. When I was already on postpaid, they decided to implement their FUP so the once unlimited mobile data became 1GB a day or 3GB a month whichever comes first. When they offered the GoSurf with Anti-Bill Shock, I decided to switch even though that meant I will be paying at least a grand more.

I really hated Globe when they implemented the FUP. I only started to like them, love them even, when I was already benefiting from the Anti-Bill Shock. I felt secured that I only needed to pay 1500 for mobile data and not be downgraded to 2G speeds when I exceed my usage.

Now they changed their policies again and I'm starting to hate them again.

Sent from my iPhone

ako.si.raff

Yesterday, bumalik na sa orinal SPEED yung internet ko, 20mbps pataas as promised nun agent na kausap ko every simula ng month ang refresh ng speed. May isa pa siyang promise at ginawan niya ako ng report na may bill adjustment ako pag nagenerate na yung bill ko, ibabawas yung additional charge sakin ng ABS basta itawag ko lang at sabihin yun reference number. (sana totoo ).

About sa new Bill Protect, sana naman di totoo na on top yun buong 1500, pero kung nun July or June pa nag start yun, same padin ang bill ko, 501 lang nadagdag.

kurog

So I called Globe's hotline. After waiting 15 minutes to get connected, I finally got to talk to a robot named Rayvel. I asked him to clarify the new policy regarding Anti-Bill Shock. I said robot because the way he responded was too scripted, no empathy at all. Yes, he said sorry, blah blah, but there was no sincerity in his voice.

So the way he explained it, he said that the Bill Protect works in a way that instead of being billed a total of 1500 for mobile data, you will be charged 2 pesos per MB until you accumulate a total of 1500 pesos on top of your GoSurf subscription. He also said that 1500 pesos will give you 750 MB of data and after reaching the 1500 pesos bill cap, your mobile data will be throttled down to 128 kbps "to give way to other subscribers" and "to be fair to all subscribers".

I even asked to be transferred to retention and the retention agent was more than happy to cancel my account. However, since I've already exceeded my data allocation and was already billed on top of my MRF, I decided to call back at the end of my billing cycle to cancel. I told her that I'd call back at the end of the month to cancel all four of my accounts and she answered "sure sir, we'll be waiting for your call". Like, What the actual f#$%!

So after being on the phone for a total of 50 minutes, I came to the conclusion that Globe has just given us a big, fat, juicy middle finger. We're all f#$%ed!

3 of 3 people found this helpful
                                                ako.si.raff

As i check my account sa online, sa ngayon ganun padin ang Unbilled ko, na exceed ko na yung data allocation ko, pero di buong 1500 ang unbilled ko.

Tingin ko di connected sa ABS or Bill Protect ang pag slow ng Internet. Dahil di kasabay sa bill cut off natin ang pag slow o pag refresh ng speed kapag naabot mo ang limit para masabing high data volume user ka. Every 1st of the month mag refresh ng data speed kapag na reach mo yun data volume na need kana pabagalin. Sa tingin ko 100gig pataas yun. Tinignan ko kasi usage ko sa modem, nakaka average 120gig ako a month.

Kaya sa tingin ko same padin ang ABS or Bill Protect at bukod yung pag slow ng browsing bagong policy yan sa lahat ng Globe User na kapag na reach mo yun maximum data volume eh babagal net mo.

Ganito din sabi ng nakausap ko sa Globe:

"Let's clear that out, We want you to know that it is still the same policy for the anti-bill shock. The anti-bill shock takes effect on your billing statement and no relation with the speed of your internet. GoSURF plans are protected by anti-bill shock because you will be charged Php 2.00 per MB as regular browsing rate instead of being under Fair Use Policy. Fair Use Policy will only affect your browsing speed once our system detected your high volume of usage than usual. Hope this finds you well."

"Once you have exceedingly high data usage, your browsing will be shifted to slower speed until the end of the month. Unfortunately, we cannot give you exact number of that but this applies across all our internet plans (unlimited or consumable). You can experience normal speed again on the first day of the next month. It is best to monitoe your data usage regularly to avoid being shifted to slower speed again."

kurog

The problem with Globe really is every agent has their own interpretation of their policies. So you won't be getting consistent information from them.

Ang alam ko talag, matagal na yang FUP na yan kahit naka Anti-Bill Shock ka pa. Base sa isang agent na nakausap ko, 50GB ang limit.

About naman sa unbilled charges mo, try mo dagdagan ng 12% VAT yan. Aabot siya ng 1500. Problema din kase sa mga notifications ng Globe, di pa nila agad sinasama yung VAT. Kahit pag sa GServices po tiningnan, walang tax na kasama mga unbilled charges. Magugulat ka nalang pagdating ng bill na iba yung figures nila.

Sent from my iPhone

ako.si.raff

Yep, kapag nag add ako ng VAT same padin 1500 total, wala nagbago saka every month talaga ako tumitingin at ganun at ganun padin ang unbilled ko mula nag umpisa ABS. Kaya tingin ko wala nagbago talaga sa ABS.

Tama ka gaya dati nun nag start ang ABS, dami agent nagsasabi na ON TOP yung 1500, may nagsasabe naman na total of 1500 kasama na yun gosurf plan sa 1500. Kaya parang ganito din yun, di lang nila alam ang totoo

adz210

Confirmed! I applied last Aug 1 in Globe Business Center with anti bill shock, and according to them the 1500 limit is already changed, you will now charged additional 1500 on top of your bill when you applied for the ABS, so meaning if you subscribed to GS999 + ABS, you will be charged 2,499 monthly. But according to them, the service is still unlimited. I think they do the same with SM*RT, their abs is 2500 monthly.

jade_ml

So now the info for Bill Protect comes out, after already implementing it last month:

Bill Protect | Help and Support

So yes, if you exceed your data allowance you will be switched to pay-per-use, then after reaching 1500php, data speed will be throttled.

ramlars2016

Masyadong stifling naman yan. No wonder naglipana ang mga hacked internet dahil Globe refuses to give fair pricing to internet data plans. Ang mahal na nga eh. Tapos yan pa? 1,500 agad for a measly 750 mb data? Samantala pwede naman pala mag 99 pesos for 1 gb. Saan po ang justice dyan?

Sa pricing pa nga lang ng data buckets nila

99 = 1gb

499 = 4gb

Eh 499 / 99 = 5

ako.si.raff

Mukang nangyari na kinakatakutan ko ah. Every 6th of the month ang cut off ko. last na tingin ko sa account ko sa online. Yung unbilled ko same lang as dati na. Pero nagulat ako ngayon eh nasa 3,200 na yung bill ko. Meaning 1500 na talaga ang ON TOP? Pero wait ko pa ma generate yung bill para makita ko talaga magkanu ang sa Data.

Kung sakali totoo 1500 na talaga on top. Uubra kaya yung GoSurf99 + 1500 para maging total of 1599 lang ang bayad sa Data?

Kung di rin uubra baka mag add ako Broadband Plan na 1599. Tsk gara ng globe.  

kurog

Base sa pagkaintindi ko sa FAQs page ng Bill Protect, on top na talaga yung 1500. Sabi pa sa nabasa ko, as long as you have GoSurf, 1500 max na babayaran for mobile data on top of the GoSurf subscription. Kung walang GoSurf, 2500 ang max na babayaran for mobile data.

Bill Protect works the same way as Anti-Bill Shock but is subject to FUP. Kung masyadong malaki ang usage mo, you will be throttled to 128kbps.

Kung available pa yung GoSurf 99, pwede natin subukan since sabi naman as long as subscribed to a 30-day GoSurf eh.

Update naman regarding my account, stopped na yung billing ko sa 1500. Di parin ako nadisconnect or nathrottle.

Sent from my iPhone

esminio.caberto

hindi pa nga nila naayos yung signal eh.  sa cubao super limited ng data

tapos gagawin nilang 1500 ang bill protect? lugi ung naka data plan na

999... kasi magiging 2500 ung bill nila... if ganun lng din naman, mag

globe broadband nalang ako... kahit ung 1299 300 Gb... kunin ko simcard at

ilagay ko sa pocket wifi...

kurog

I didn't know you could get a broadband plan with a SIM card. Possible ba talaga ito? If so, I might also get one.

In fairness naman sa area namin dito sa Makati, okay ang signal. Nasa 20mbps ang speed ko at minimum. Pati signal sa probinsya sa Pampanga, last month lang, walang kahit konting signal sa ibang area pero kahapon, nung umuwi ako, may LTE na rin.

Sent from my iPhone

ramlars2016

Broadband LTE? 1299 na go big? Sa DSL line lang yan. Yung LTE n simcard, 50gb lang talaga at 1299. May promo though na 6 months +100gb but takot na ako. Who knows baka baguhin na naman nila laman ng contract. Gaya ko before. Wimax unlimited plan. Bigla nilang binago to 3gb a day capped. Nakakafrustrate sa totoo lang. Wala ba tayong makunan ng tulong?

I tried the www.ntc.gov.ph website, may online form dun for complaints. I think if marami mag complain baka makinig na sila.

They can't just change terms of a contract without consequences. Kaya lang alam nila na two networks lang dito sa pinas. Kampante talaga sila.

kurog

Talaga ba? Akala ko ang mga internet at home plans nila lahat ay wired. Kung modem warranty lang naman, i don't think that's a problem because you won't be using it anyways if you're planning on just taking the SIM card. Ano kayang mga broadband plans nila ang ginagamitan ng SIM card? Yung Plan 1599 nila is very promising, with 400GB allowance plus 100GB for YouTube. Kung may makaka-confirm na de-SIM ito, baka kumuha ako nito kase di talaga pwede ang wired sa unit ko eh.

ako.si.raff

Yep lahat ng wireless eh de-sim lahat yun. Pero parang mas gusto ko muna itry yung GoSurf99 + 1500 (Bill Protect). = 1599. May nag try na ba neto agad?

kurog

Apparently, hindi lang FUP nila regarding mobile data ang pinalitan nila. Pati unlimited texts, mas mahigpit na rin ang capping ngayon. Anebeyen.

Attached an image grabbed from a reddit user.

ZLRiy5P.jpg

ako.si.raff

Sino dito naka receive ng text ng Globe na "We have completed your request..."?

Naka receive ako ng 3 text eh wala naman ako pinaayos sa Globe. Hmmmm

trixiecacho

Panay text din sakin si globe na we have completed ur request. Tas automatic me gosurf 50 ako. Ano un. Wala naman ako ginagawa. Naka surf alert lang

ako.si.raff

Na aatat na ako tignan Bill ko. 5 Days pa kasi para maging available un Bill sa online. Para makita ko bakit nagin 3200 balance ko

ramlars2016

PicsArt_08-09-04.24.32.jpg

Just got a reply after emailing customer@ntc.gov.ph

Several replies na sya though. Kasi I emailed a bunch of offices ng NTC. Tumahimik ako sa FUP before. Even sa advertised supersurf (prepaid)  na unli for 1 day tapos hanggang 800mb lang pala. I lost a lot of freelance jobs dahil sa kanila when I was struggling as a volunteer nurse in a hospital.

Kaya I got a wimax unli 995. Tumahimik ako ulit nang bigla nilang ginawang 15gb a month cap. 

Tumahimik ako ulit when after that, pinutol nila bigla to migrate me to LTE at ginawa nilang 3gb a day cap.

Tahimik din ako nung plan 1,799 ko (2012)na unli internet linagyan nila ng FUP kahit kalagitnaan pa sa plan ko.

Tapos ngayon eto? Tsk

kurog

Hopefully may gawin sila about your complaint. Kaso one person versus a giant corporation? Suntok sa buwan talaga. Nakakainis. Kung may Better Business Bureau lang din sana ang Pinas na talagang kinatatakutan ng mga companies tulad sa US, walang company ang mang-gag*go sa mga customer nila. Kung may magkamali man, takutin mo lang na magfagile ka ng complaint, bahag agad ang buntot nila.

Sent from my iPhone

ako.si.raff

UPDATE: Gaya nga po ng una ko sinabi dito na before mag August 1 tinignan ko Unbilled ko sa online account ng globe at the same lang dati na 501 (with VAT) kung GoSurf999 at lalabas na same padin magiging bill ko na 2k kada buwan. Pero after Aug 6 which is cut off ko, ng tinignan ko online account ko umabot sa 3k yun balance ko.

PERO nagulat ako ngayon umaga lang tinignan ko online account ko dahil nga iniintay ko magenerate na yun bill talaga para matignan ko breakdown. GOOD NEWS~! dahil kusang na adjust balance ko sa same balance ko every month na 2k, meaning balik na ata sa dating ABS ang Globe?

Isa pang Good News, na sagad ko na DATA ALLOCATION ko at may unbilled ulit ako na same lang din every month para maging total of 1500. Pero hindi bumagal ang net ko. MEANING hiwalay ang Bill Protect sa FUP nila, na kahit ma ubos mo yung DATA mo at mareach mo yun UNBILLED to complete yung 1500 as long as di ka ma flag na High Usage, karaniwan nangyayari yan paglumagpas na ikaw sa 100 gig.

THANK GOD       

ako.si.raff

UPDATE: Eto totoo na talaga to dahil Generated na yun Bill ko na due sa Aug 29.

Same lang Bill Protect at ABS. GoSurf 499 ako kaya ganito lagi ang Unbilled ko sa DATA maski nun ABS pa.

ysLHWyM1RCqi2oVCXlhgeA.jpeg

Pinag kaiba lang ngayon may FUP na sa GoSurf PostPaid na babagal net mo pag naging malakas ang usage mo.

CONFIRMED na po to based sa sarili ko experience, HINDI BABAGAL NET mo pag nag activate/reach na BILL PROTECT (1500), as of now para sa Bill Ko next month (September), may unbilled na ako na gaya niyan nasa Screenshot, kaya na reach ko na yun Bill Protect (1500).

Iba ang implementation nila ng BS at FUP, sa FUP based ulit sa experience ko mag activate yan kapag umabot kana sa 100gig pataas, average monthly ko is 150gig ang nagagamit ko at babalik lang ang speed mo kada umpisa ng month.

TIPS: Lagi mo monitor data usage mo sa wifi/pocket wifi mo. Kung mahilig ka mag download ng movies or anu pa man. Mas magandang gawin mo to ka da LAST WEEK ng buwan.

esminio.caberto

im planning to get smart wifi plan instead... yung 950 for 30days pero 1gig

per day ang limit saka ka lang babagal sa connevtion after 1gig and refresh

after 12 midnight

esminio.caberto

hindi sila consistent... ang sabi sa akin ung 1500 mo on top will only be

equivalent to 750 mb pag naconsume mo na yun balik ka sa 128kbps at

magrefresh only sa start ng buwan...

On Monday, 14 August 2017, ako.si.raff <globecommunity-noreply@globe.com.ph>

ako.si.raff

Ganyan din sila nun simula pa ng ABS. Mahalaga eh ngayon atleast same lang din pala ang ABS at Bill Protect.

kurog

Hindi ba parang inaasar tayo nitong Globe? Una, yung binabayaran natin ng extra 1500 na supposedly unlimited internet, ginawa nilang limited. Tapos ngayon, walang pasabi na nag-add sila ng HOOQ na malakas maka-consume ng data. Ano to? G*guhan lang?

Hindi ko alam kung coincidence lang pero na-throttle na ako ulit ngayong araw. Same day last month kung kelan ako na-throttle. Di ko sigurado kung may fixed day of the month sila kung kelan pababagalin internet mo o talagang coincidence lang. Incidentally kase, naka-50GB plus na ako based sa monitoring ko, which coincides with what the rep told me na 50GB ang limit before ma-subject to FUP.

EDIT:

Sa mga kino-consider magpalagay ng broadband, okay naman yung plan 1299 na may 50GB LTE (150GB for first 6 months) plus 100GB fixed DSL line. Pag nasa bahay, pwede gamitin yung DSL tapos pag nasa labas nalang yung LTE allocation.

Too bad hindi talaga option sakin ang fixed line dahil ayaw mag-invest ng owner ng building para sa new cabling system. Bulok na kase cabling system ng building kahit na 2 years palang yung mismong building.

kurog

Last billing cycle ko, hindi on top yung 1500 para sa Bill Protect. 1500 pesos lang binayaran ko. GoSurf 499 + 1001 ABS.

Pero ngayong current billing cycle, parang on top na talaga siya. For a few days, na-stuck yung unbilled data charges ko sa 1001 pesos minus tax. Pero a few days ago, naka-receive ako ng text reminder na 1500 na yung unbilled data charges ko. Pag-check ko sa GServices app, confirmed na magiging 1500 na nga ang madadagdag sa GoSurf 499 ko.

Bale 1599 na ang babayaran ko in total, which isn't that big of a deal kung sanang walang 50GB limit sa usage. Pero kung limited na talaga, mapipilitan talaga akong maghanap ng alternative.

At for sure marami ang magre-resort sa mga illegal VPN services na naglipana sa Facebook.

ako.si.raff

Same tayo, napansin ko iba na din ang Unbilled ko ngayon. Pero wait ko padin magenerate ang Bill this september. Baka magbago nanaman gaya netong august pag ka generate ng bill nabago yung unbilled ko sa data.

Pero so far nakaka 57gig na ako di padin throttle ang speed ko. Tingin ko talaga 100gig yan gaya last month na throttle ako naka 100gig plus ako.

kurog

Meron ba dito may experience sa Sun Broadband?

I was looking for alternatives kase.

So far, meron lang PLDT Ultera 1699 with up to 15 Mbps at 100 GB Monthly Data allowance. Better than Globe's 1500 with 50GB limit. Kung wala na talagang choice, baka ito ang kunin ko.

Meron ding Unlimited Surf promos ang Sun ranging from 50 Php valid for 1 day up to 899 valid for 30 days. Ang tanong ay kung totoo bang unlimited o meron ding FUP like 800MB per day. At kung reliable ba ang signal. Sabi ng office mate ko, okay daw signal ng Sun at happy naman siya sa internet. Truly unlimited daw. Although yung old 999 postpaid plan pa ata yung gamit niya.

Meron na ba dito nakasubok?

jade_ml

I have gotten my bill and my case did not happen similar to others here: The P1500 was added ON TOP of my bill

I'm on Plan 1499. My calls and text messages excess usage makes up the 65 pesos na butal dun sa total bill ko above. I also got another text message saying my outgoing was disconnected (again) cos my unbilled charges exceeded my spending limit. Called the hotline and basically:

- I can try to request for a bill adjustment for the 1500 additional to not be on top of my bill but rather to include it in my plan (basically: 1500 - 999 my Go Surf Plan = 501 for unbilled). Agent says my request may be granted in relation to the confusion of the migration from ABS to Bill Protect but only ONCE. And that the 1500 ON TOP is here to stay and that I should expect that in my future bills if I exceed my data allocation.

- Their system will AUTOMATICALLY cut outgoing services if customer exceeds spending limit. My spending limit is P1000 which I think was assigned systematically cos I never specified that. The only solution was for me to prepay half of my plan's amount even before billing cut-off (which, no way will they force me to do that!) or request for an increase in spending limit.

I spent more than an hour waiting for an agent to be available and another hour just sorting through the whole mess As I am not happy with all this, I asked for my plan to be changed to sim-only and I downgraded to ThePLAN 799 which gives me 7 gig of data while calls and texts will be charged on a per-use basis. I also requested for my spending limit to be increased from P1000 to 3000 so my line doesn't get cut every time I exceeded the original. It was such a hassle just asking for re-connection every time it happened. I am also looking for alternatives but as we all know, these telcos have us hostage with the limited choices