19 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2018 12:58 PM by elsupremo

how to portforward modem HG180  VDSL2 802.11ac Home Gateway

atan0422

help on how to portforward using modem HG180  VDSL2 802.11ac Home Gateway.

• Re: how to portforward modem HG180  VDSL2 802.11ac Home Gateway
          jeruraf

were you able to fix this one? Let me know. thanks

elsupremo

replying because i finally figured out how to apply port forwarding rules on my own, and because globe refuses to provide any technical documentation for their modem. seriously, they said they will NOT give any technical documentation because they will NOT allow users to configure the modem on their own. they said only their tech team can do it, and guess what - its NOT free.

i also have the same modem: HG180 VDSL2 802.11ac Home Gateway

1. go to advanced setup > NAT > virtual servers
            2. click add
            3. for the fields:

a. user defined service name(name of your port forwarding rule)

b. enable needs to be checked

c. remote ip address: leave blank

d. netmask: leave blank

e. protocol: TCP/UDP

f. external port: XXXX-XXXX, where XXXX is the port you provide to outside users
            g. internal port: YYYY, the port inside your network you want outside users to access(via XXXX)

h. internal address: ZZZ.ZZZ.ZZZ.ZZZ, the IP address of the machine serving port YYYY

lets say your private webserver is at ZZZ.ZZZ.ZZZ.ZZZ:YYYY, with this setting you can give outside users AAA.AAA.AAA.AAA:XXXX (AAA is your static public IP) for them to access it.

atan0422

Sir thanks for your reply, I already try that configuration but still I cant port forward, I need port forward for my DVR so that I can view my CCTV using my static ip address remotely.

kamote123

atan0422

2. click add
                    3. for the fields:

e. protocol: TCP

f. external port: 8080, where 8080 is the port you provide to outside users
                    g. internal port: 8080, the port inside your network you want outside users to access(via 8080)

h. internal address: 192.168.254.10, the IP address of the CCTV port 8080

Configure your DVR to IP Address: 192.168.254.10

On Internal Network open your CCTV using http://192.168.254.10:8080

On outside or remote browsing open it using http://your-globestaticIP:8080

To verify your port:8080 is successfully open, open this tools scan your port: Port Scanners / WhatsMyIP.org

Hope precisely help to you.

cc: kenofglobe

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        atan0422

Good Day!

Sir when I check my port in Port Scanners / WhatsMyIP.org it was open.When I try to view my cctv using http://your-globestaticIP:8080 it shows my Globe Modem GUI the  HG180  VDSL2 802.11ac Home Gateway.What was the problem. I already follow all your instruction.

On Wednesday, 3 October 2018, 12:31:35 PM GMT+8, kamote123 <[email protected]> wrote: 

reply from kamote123 in Globe Postpaid - View the full discussion

atan0422

2. click add

3. for the fields:

e. protocol: TCP

f. external port: 8080, where 8080 is the port you provide to outside users

g. internal port: 8080, the port inside your network you want outside users to access(via 8080)

h. internal address: 192.168.254.10, the IP address of the CCTV port 8080

Configure your DVR to IP Address: 192.168.254.10

On Internal Network open your CCTV using http://192.168.254.10:8080

On outside or remote browsing open it using http://your-globestaticIP:8080

To verify your port:8080 is successfully open, open this tools scan your port: Port Scanners / WhatsMyIP.org

Hope precisely help to you.

cc: kenofglobe

Respond to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Globe Community

Start a new discussion in Globe Postpaid by email or at Globe Community

Following how to portforward modem HG180  VDSL2 802.11ac Home Gateway in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Globe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Globe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

kamote123

You almost did correctly but because the NAT have error to translate to DVR Address it brings you to router itself,

There is wrong only to the configuration of DVR, go to Advance settings of DVR make sure

Manually Configured / Not DHCP

IP: 192.168.254.10 

http port: 8080

Gateway: 192.168.254.254

DNS: 192.168.254.254

Set this up to your DVR surely it will works

Gudluck

atan0422

Good Day!I reconfigure my DVR but the problem is the same, it brings to my router itself when remote viewing But when I use local IP ( Internal Network) it shows my DVR.What is the problem?

On Thursday, 4 October 2018, 9:51:41 AM GMT+8, kamote123 <[email protected]> wrote: 

You almost did correctly but because the NAT have error to translate to DVR Address it brings you to router itself,

There is wrong only to the configuration of DVR, go to Advance settings of DVR make sure

IP: 192.168.254.10 

Gudluck

Respond to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Globe Community

Following how to portforward modem HG180  VDSL2 802.11ac Home Gateway in these streams: Inbox

You may unsubscribe instantly from Globe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

kamote123

Can you send me a screen shot for your router port forwarding settings and your DVR Settings,

make sure your static IP Address are being faint/hide for security reason.

atan0422

Good Day!Sir pls. see my attachment my setup.

On Thursday, 4 October 2018, 11:40:50 AM GMT+8, kamote123 <[email protected]> wrote: 

Can you send me a screen shot for your router port forwarding settings and your DVR Settings,

make sure your static IP Address are being faint/hide for security reason.

kamote123

Please repeat the below configuration that I sent,

Media port is not the correct port of DVR, Instead http port:

==============Previous Instruction========================

IP: 192.168.254.105

Gudluck

kamote123

Here is the Setup to be more precise for you! IF you using DVR on IP: 192.168.254.105

1. Virtual Server

User Difine Service Name: shop

Remote IP Address: Blank

Network Mask: 255.255.255.0  NOT BLANK

Protocol: TCP   REMOVE UDP ON PULL DOWN

External Port: 8080

Internal Port: 8080

Internal IP: 192.168.254.105

2. DVR Settings

IP Address: 192.168.254.105 (correct)

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Primary DNS: 192.168.254.254

Secondary DNS: 8.8.8.8

Media Port: 34567

Http Port: 8080  NOT 80

Your External Remote IP Address of DVR will be http://112.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/index.html

Your Internal IP Address of DVR will be http://192.168.254.105:8080/index.html

You have to follow the above link address including colon then 8080 on the end!!!!!!!!!

Do not use Port 80 because its already used by router Locally used Port 8080

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                                    atan0422

Good Day!Sir still I cannot view my DVR remotelyRemote Viewing brings “Error”. Pls. See my attachement

On Friday, 5 October 2018, 8:54:28 AM GMT+8, kamote123 <[email protected]> wrote: 

Here is the Setup to be more precise for you! IF you using DVR on IP: 192.168.254.105

1. Virtual Server

2. DVR Settings

Your External Remote IP Address of DVR will be http://112.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/index.html

You have to follow the above link address including colon then 8080 on the end!!!!!!!!!

atan0422

Sir,Good Day!Sir still I cannot view my DVR remotely. I already change DVR http port to: 8080 but stillRemote Viewing brings “Error”. Pls. See my attachement

On Friday, 5 October 2018, 1:24:34 PM GMT+8, kamote123 <[email protected]> wrote: 

how to portforward modem HG180 VDSL2 802.11ac Home Gateway

kamote123 marked their reply on how to portforward modem HG180 VDSL2 802.11ac Home Gateway as helpful. View the full reply

Marked as helpful:

1. Virtual Server

2. DVR Settings

Following how to portforward modem HG180 VDSL2 802.11ac Home Gateway in these streams: Inbox

kamote123

You didn't follow the instruction carefully kaya hindi nagwoworks, yung http port ng DVR ang mali palitan mo ng port 8080 dapat aligned sa port na inopen mo sa router.

kamote123

If DVR lang naman I host mo make this config.

Alternative:

Go to router and go to DMZ host fill the IP 192.168.254.105

And Primary DNS of DVR make it 192.168.254.254 not 8.8.8.8

Note

For remote viewing we just put 112.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080 for security reason of you IP not to publish here, you have to used static Ip of globe that they assigned to your router i.e. 112.198.254.222:8080 do not use "xxx" on your real remote viewing...

atan0422

Sir I already configure DMZ host and fill the IP 192.168.254.105Still I cannot view my DVR remotely

On Friday, 5 October 2018, 3:06:40 PM GMT+8, kamote123 <[email protected]> wrote: 

reply from kamote123 in Device Troubleshooting and Discussion - View the full discussion

If DVR lang naman I host mo make this config.

Go to router and go to DMZ host fill the IP 192.168.254.105

Start a new discussion in Device Troubleshooting and Discussion by email or at Globe Community

elsupremo

i forgot to add

pls use Internet Explorer, I noticed the interface does not save any changes when i use Google Chrome