3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2017 5:20 PM by chriswayg

Watch out: Globe messing up change of Packs - your experience?

chriswayg

Globe again messed up a change of 'Packs' for ThePlan which I requested last month at a Globe store.

I requested a change of packs for my ThePlan 799 (which has a consumable of 1299) as follows:

Change to:

* keep Pack - GoSURF 599 (4GB)

* remove Pack - Unlicalls to Globe/TM and Unli All-NetText 499

* Replace with: Pack - Unlicalls to Globe/TM 399

* remove Pack - GS Add Surf 99 (1GB)

* remove Pack - GS Add Surf 99 (1GB)

* add: 3x Pack - Consumable 100 (P300)

Instead of making the proper changes, all new packs are added,

while the old packs are also charged on the current bill for an additional P697:

Screenshot 2017-10-21 16.33.33.png

the mistakenly charged items are in red-strikethrough.

It is absolutely nonsensical to charge for both

• Unlicalls and Text to Globe/TM 399

as well as

• Unlicalls to Globe/TM and Unli All-NetText 499

on the same bill.

Thus my advice: check your bill every time you make a change, otherwise you may be charged hundreds of Pesos additional. I now also ask for a signed printout when making a change at the Globe store.

• Re: Watch out: Globe messing up change of Packs - your experience?
          esminio.caberto

had the same issue!

On Saturday, 21 October 2017, chriswayg <[email protected]>

ChitoReyes

And precisely why I insist on a printed statement of account delivered and duly received at my billing address to make it official and legally presentable.

I notice that most people actually do not check nor understand their bills and just pay whatever is stated specially those who are enrolled in the auto debit facility.

In my 23 years experience with Globe,many times the telco would commit mistakes in their billings. some of those I have questioned were even less than the expenses I would incur to have my messenger send a formal letter to be duly received by Globe. But it goes to show that even Globe makes mistakes whether on purpose or not, and if not questioned, would just turn into earnings for them specially if multiplied in the millions of subscribers Globe has.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  chriswayg

Almost every time there is any kind of change in the contract or billing they have made mistakes over the past 15+ years. Some mistakes recurred every single month for 6 months and required 6 visits to the Globe store for the monthly bill corrections. The issue I shared above is only one in a long line of false or fraudulent billing.

Curiously the billing is always in Globe's favor. I do not remember any instance where their billing mistakes would have benefitted us. I believe this legally constitutes reasonable suspicion, that Globe is defrauding their customers systematically and on purpose.

One method which Globe appears to use, is that you can easily add costly add-ons or subscriptions, but it can take months of follow-up to have those add-ons cancelled. Case in point was the my smartphone insurance contract (with P400 per month), which took multiple follow ups and bill corrections before the charges stopped.

Other cases are promotional free add-ons like Netflix, Disney or HOOQ, which are given as a Bonus for a new contracts, but are never delivered even after months of follow-up.

1 of 1 people found this helpful