2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2017 6:13 PM by nealpepe

Globe at home installation process: internal wiring left to the customer?

ashenfalle

Hi!

I was wondering what the process is on globe broadband plan 1599(go big) installation?

I recently applied for this plan and the installer said that i need to purchase and lay down the internal wirings myself before they can give me connection. He said i need to purchase at least 20 meters of wire at 70php per meter and have it layed down before they can proceed. Is this how globe install their service? During my application none of this was relayed to me.

For context, i live in a 3flr apartment building. My unit is at the front, with a window facing the street. My initial plan is to route the connection from the street to my unit through the window. Estimating the distance, the length of wire needed would be arpund 14 meters. Even after saying this, the installers insist that i purchase the wire and lay ot down first before they can procees with the connection.

• Re: Globe at home installation process: internal wiring left to the customer?
          chriswayg

Neither PLDT nor Globe have ever made this kind of request for a new installation from us. The weatherproof box goes to the outside wall of the building, usually near a window. Globe is certainly responsible for the outside wiring, even if it is 100m. Then they connect internal wiring to a nearby inside wall connector, usually about 5 to 10 meters.

Maybe your desired location is further than their usual distance. The installation already costs P1000, thus the wiring should be included. Did you get this information from customer service (211) or just the installers?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: Globe at home installation process: internal wiring left to the customer?
            nealpepe

The installers (contractors of Globe) are trying to fool you and charge you extra.  Tell them that you already verified with Globe that the installation fee already includes all the wiring from the Globe box up to your room (inside your house).  If they insist on charging you extra, you can call Globe to send another installer.

1 of 1 people found this helpful