0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2018 5:28 PM by [email protected]

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET problems after static IP request

cliplike.vil@gmail.com

So I've been trying to play online games for a while now, but I always get error messages because of CGNAT. So I jumped the gun, called globe support, and subscribed for a static IP address to solve all my NAT problems.

I was told that this will be active after 24 hours - so 24 hours later, I restarted my router and voila! My WAN IP address doesn't change anymore - but I have no internet and all the error I'm getting is DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET on all my devices.

I'm pretty positive that it's their configuration and not mine, but I'm hoping to fix it as the only thing customer support can tell me is to restart my router and I don't want to wait 3 more days before their technicians arrive.

Anyway, if it helps I'm on Huwawei HG8245H and I'm able to access the admin pages - if anyone could help me figure this one out, I'd be extremely grateful.

Edit:

- I also was able to ping my default gateway but not the DNS Server provided.

- Tried changing my DNS to Google Public DNS (8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4) and OpenDNS but I'm still getting the same issue, which leads me to think that this is a Gateway issue

Edit 2:

Sooo... the technicians apparently arrived 3 days earlier than their announced date (kudos to them!) and I just apparently just got a bad static IP address. All the technician did was to make a call to customer support and requested for a new static IP address.