4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2018 6:32 PM by [email protected]

Amateurs

eaststar@pldtdsl.net

I have been using PLDT DSL for cecades and I can't renembet having hours of no internet connection.

I swapped to Globe because they was the first who could install fiber broadband in my area 

Now the second time in a month the internet connection does not work.

Are those of you who are using Globe for a long time accepting thid substandard service?

I consider to mive on as soon as another fiber connection becomes available in my area 

• Re: Amateurs
          Kenneth Chan

Hi, Heinz.

Ken here. May I know how's your connection now?

• Re: Amateurs
              eaststar@pldtdsl.net

Hi Ken

The internet works. I have a problem with the WiFi side, the signal drops frequently below -100dBm. This might not be a Globe problem but some environmental influence. I am also surprised that the WiFi signal from the Huawei router jumps over all channels. This might be a setting as the router connects to the strongest, least congested channel. Bottom line is, I actually don’t need the Huawei WiFi as I have my own router and WiFi network set up. I need the router just to be programmed as a modem and the WiFi part to be switched off. I expected a technician to show up yesterday but no one came around.

I am also surprised that when I tried to upgrade to a higher speed I got the message that I was not eligible yet. As I paid the modem I am don’t have a lock-in period. Your call center agent however told me that higher speed than the 20MBs are not yet available in our area, despite I see tarpaulins everywhere propagating 100MBs.

Anyhow, nothing urgent at the moment. I hope however that the internet drop out for hours are not too frequent.

If  technician is in the area he might drop in so I can show him the above mentioned problem.

Thanks

Heinz Manhart