11 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2018 8:40 PM by omar_vicente

RE: Compensation for Unjust Disruption of DSL Service and Disrespectful Customer Service

omar_vicente

To Globe Corporate/Management,

Please be advised that I have sent a formal complaint to the NTC regarding your unjust disruption of my DSL internet service and for disrespectful customer service.

Account number 848138526

On July 4th, I lost my DSL connection.  I called your Globe hotline 211 and was advised that the earliest possible time my internet issue would be fixed was July 12.  I negotiated if this could be done earlier as this was the second time this occurred (2 times in 2 months since June).  I was promised by your Globe Service Support that it was noted and they would make the effort to have my DSL service restored.  Two days later, a Globe contractor arrived but could not fix our issue as they claimed they were a Fiber Optics team and not a DSL repair team.  I was given another expectation that they would call back and confirm if another team would be sent.  They did not call back.

I have been calling 211 for several days for follow-up and gave me no resolution and continued to repeat the scheduled date of repair.  This is where I escalated the issue and demanded for an L2. Again, I was promised a resolution would be provided on or before Monday July 9.  This resolution did not materialize and I further escalated this issue and demanded for an Operations Manager.

I was put on hold several times, disconnected while on transfer and ignored by OMs giving reasons to the CSR agent that they were on lunch or were engaged in a call.

Hence, my complain is now with the NTC and will be processed within the week.  To set expectations, I will not withdraw this complaint unless the following terms are met.

1.  I demand the highest DSL broadband plan (Php4499/200Mbps) for FREE for 6 months before reverting to my original 999 plan at the end of 6 months.

or

2.  The Php1599/10Mbps DSL Broadband plan but I will only pay Php999 for 6 moths then revert back to my original 999 plan at the end of 6 months.

If I am not given either of the 2 plans as compensation, I will continue with my NTC complaint and this will cost you income, revenue, jobs and your image.

I would not have resorted to this measure had your service immediately restored my original DSL connection and not acted unprofessional to a loyal paying customer.

I hope I have made myself clear regarding this non-negotiable matter.  Please comply with my terms and you will still keep me as a loyal customer.

Omar J. Vicente

• Re: RE: Compensation for Unjust Disruption of DSL Service and Disrespectful Customer Service
          omar_vicente

To add insult to injury.  You have sent me my Globe bill for July even if you have not yet fixed or restored my DSL connection.  This will only convince me even more that you have been disrespectful to a loyal paying customer and my terms for free higher DSL broadband connection for 6 straight months is the only acceptable option.  I am also including a formal recommendation to terminate your incompetent contractors, and L2s and OMs for disrespectful behavior and undergo basic training in GMRC (good manners and right conduct)

• Re: RE: Compensation for Unjust Disruption of DSL Service and Disrespectful Customer Service
            omar_vicente

To the Community Moderators,

I am fully aware that you have the authority to add or remove this post.  However, be also advised that removing my post will make me continue my NTC complaint against Globe.  Hence, if you would really like to keep loyal customers, directly contact your Globe corporate/legal affairs to address and agree to my demands.

Kenneth Chan

Hi, Omar.

I fully respect your sentiments and frustrations. I'm very sorry for this kind of experience. I will do my part and coordinate this to the proper channels.

I do hope we can have this resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks!

omar_vicente

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for this reply and I really hope for a resolution regarding this

concern within 48 hours (July 18, 2018 / 5PM).

Sad to say, the restoration of my DSL Broadband internet service is not

enough to compensate for the emotional and psychological abuse I and my

family have endured with Globe Customer Care and their technical

contractors. (Globe reference ID1807000067).  As per my last conversation

with a Globe CC supervisor named Martin or Marvin, he is unable to provide

me a definite time frame for restoring my DSL Broadband service and has

denied me my requests/compensations.  I am very much disappointed and Globe

has definitely lost me as a loyal paying customer.  I refuse to do business

with or communicate with disrespectful, uncaring and unprofessional people

in the Level 2 and Operations Management leadership of Customer Care.

Hence, my demands are still non-negotiable, as follows:

1.  I demand the highest DSL broadband plan - *Php4499/200Mbps for FREE for

6 months* before reverting to my original 999 plan at the end of 6 months.

or

2.  The  *Php1599/10Mbps DSL Broadband plan but I will only pay Php999 for

6 moths* then revert back to my original 999 plan at the end of 6 months.

My children are unable to properly study their lessons as they need the

internet to get additional information and I am unable to create additional

income because I cannot contact potential business clients.  I have to

resort to accessing the internet in shops, cafe's and neighbors which are

very time-consuming, cost-ineffective and embarrassing.

Kindly give me my demands and I will withdraw my NTC complaint and I will

give Globe a chance to prove itself once more.  If I am offered anything

other than my demands, then I will proceed with my complaint and I will go

to another service provider.

Regards,

Omar

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 3:14 PM, kenofglobe <

omar_vicente

Hi Kenneth,

As per our discussion, it has been past 48 hours and Globe has not restored my Internet or given me due compensation for my troubles with the unsatisfactory service.

I am therefore left with no other alternative that to proceed with my NTC complaint.

Please be advised that a simple restoration of my DSL broadband service would have been more cost effective that my current course of action which is to prepare legal sanctions against Globe.  It will definitely cost Globe more.

Thank you for your effort to course my complaint through proper channels, but it is too little ... too late.

Omar J. Vicente

omar_vicente

To : Globe Telecom, Globe Corporate and Globe Customer Care.

As you have blatant refused to grant me my demands for the unlawful disconnection of my DSL service, I am left with no other alternative than to take legal action against you.  Attached below is my formal NTC complaint which will now serve as basis for filing a lawsuit against you.

---

To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

RE: Compensation for Unjust Disruption of DSL Service and Disrespectful Customer Service

To all concerned NTC officials,

Greetings.

I am filing a formal complaint against Globe Telecommunications, Globe Customer Care and their 3rd party technical team for disconnecting my DSL Broadband service without just cause, failure to fulfill their service level agreement with their customers and for gross disrespect/unprofessional behavior of their customer care support.

Here is my pertinent Globe-related information, as follows:

Account number 848138526

Account Owner:  Omar J. Vicente

Globe Reference ID:  1807000067

Complaint details:

On July 4th, I lost my DSL connection (Plan 999).  I called the Globe hotline 211 and was advised that the earliest possible time my internet issue would be fixed was July 12.  I negotiated if this could be done earlier as this was the second time this issue occurred (2 times in 2 months since June).  I was promised Globe Customer Care that it was noted and they would make the effort to have my DSL service restored.  Two days later, a Globe contractor arrived but could not fix our issue as they claimed they were a Fiber Optics team and not a DSL repair team.  I was given another expectation by the Fiber Optics team that they would call back and confirm if another team would be sent.  They did not call back.

I have been calling Globe hotline for several days for follow-up and I was not given any sort of assurance of resolution.  I escalated the issue and demanded for an Level 2 (L2) supervisor. The L2 promised a resolution would be provided on or before Monday July 9.  This resolution did not materialize.  Hence, I further escalated this issue and demanded for an Operations Manager (OM).

I was put on hold several times, disconnected while on transfer and ignored by OMs.  I even overheard the L2s and OMs giving reasons to the CSR agent that they were unable to take my call/complaint because they were on lunch or were engaged in a call.

After several more days, I was able to talk to a supervisor named Martin or Marvin. I demanded either of the following compensation (see below).  As per our phone conversation, Globe admitted they disconnected my DSL service by mistake because they thought I requested for Fiber Optics which I never asked or subscribed to.  I then firmly requested for the following:

1.  I demanded the highest DSL broadband plan (Php4499/200Mbps) for FREE for 6 months before reverting to my original 999 plan at the end of 6 months.

or

2.  The Php1599/10Mbps DSL Broadband plan but I will only pay Php999 for 6 moths then revert back to my original 999 plan at the end of 6 months.

My complaint was not given due recognition and was immediately rejected and I was again given the expectation that my current DSL connection was going to be restored soon.  I was not given any assurance at all.

I am still without internet connection, my children are having difficulty with their studies as internet access is needed for their homework, I lost vital follow-up information which cost me employment opportunities and I am now being coerced by Globe to pay for my bill even if I have not been provided the mandatory internet service I paid for.

I am respectfully but firmly demanding for just compensation based on the above-mentioned demands which are non-negotiable given the extreme aggravation my family has suffered.

Please kindly order Globe Telecom to grant my demand/s without further delay and without any intent of reprisals.

Respectfully yours,

Omar J. Vicente

---

For your reference.

Kenneth Chan

I'm very sorry that it has reached to this point, Omar.

I wish I could've done more regarding your concern, but I can only do as much. I hope we can reach the best solution for your concern.

j.amarie

Hi Omar,

I have the same problem as yours and we are experiencing this for 16 Days now. Spare me some information if NTC sent you a reply? I am filing a complaint tomorrow, I am checking if legal can help me if NTC can't. I obtained all call information and will be requesting for a call pull up.