1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 21, 2018 7:44 AM by [email protected]

RCS Activation takes forever

djdelarosa25

I use the Android Messages app from Google and I'm also on Globe. It may be familiar to you that Globe has supported RCS for some time now. I tried enabling it in the app's settings but it's always stuck on the dreaded "Excuse the wait..." loading screen. For the record, I have been trying SINCE MAY. Four months nang ganyan pero wala pa rin.

Screenshot of what I'm talking about:

41840667_1863382873755838_3475236550919323648_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeHSPnkJB16HgzYhb5U9gjNoS39hotOMkgD8Iyz7E4r1u9jC0lcoBatXVIs7VPv5uyRDD9rGq7dERLWOIvobMUrvjuWaLUa5Ywsp1W3ejR5UdA&oh=7a7700b733f92c6fa948998f859054f2&oe=5C2880E9

Last week, a Pinoy Redittor told me to turn off the phone, remove the SIM card, turn it on, put the SIM card in, and then try to enable. It worked until a few days ago, when I did a factory reset on my phone. Now, it's back to the same issue that I had for months, and redoing the steps that I once did doesn't yield anything anymore. It's still stuck at the loading screen.

I'm eager to hear experiences from you guys regarding this issue.

• Re: RCS Activation takes forever
          jkcdarunday@gmail.com

Happened to me as well. I figured that it is possible that the cell tower that I'm currently connected to may have issues so I manually switched it in the android settings and it worked.

What I did on mine was:

1. Go to Android Settings
          2. SIM cards & mobile networks
          3. Press TM/Globe
          4. Press Mobile networks
          5. Disable "Choose automatically"
          6. Wait for network search to finish
          7. Choose a different "Globe Telecom-PH" mobile network than the current one (there is usually two or more)
          8. Try to enable RCS in chat
          9. Repeat by choosing the other one if it didn't work.

If none of the networks work, then towers near you may be having issues.