6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2018 9:28 AM by Kenneth Chan

Stolen Prepaid Home Wifi Router

med.villamayor

I use this router for our small business and just got it last April for Php 2,000. I don't want that to go to waste. What options do IIhave and can this still be replaced? Please help.

• Re: Stolen Prepaid Home Wifi Router
          Kenneth Chan

Hi, Med.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Have you contacted your local authorities?

med.villamayor

Hi Ken. No, I haven't reported it to local authorities but I called Globe

hotline and they said the modem cant be replaced or located since they

don't have available data. Since I confirmed it stolen, I monitored its

comsumption using my phone app, the modem is being used. Hotline said I can

have my sim replaced, I just have to present an affidavit. Also, I didn't

secure an affidavit since I see it's not practical to spend for attorney's

fee when I can just buy a new sim for just a small amout. If Globe can

assure me to replace my modem or locate the original, I'd be happy to

submit the required documents. Other than that, I don't want to exert so

much effort if I dont get services in return.

On Oct 8, 2018 10:19 AM, "kenofglobe" <[email protected]>

Kenneth Chan

So sorry, Med, but yes. We cannot have it replaced.

med.villamayor

Thanks for confirming that. Then I would like to raise this as a feedback

and/or complaint to Globe's Management so you will have additional security

measures with your devices. I acknowledge the fact that it's not your fault

the modem got stolen. I would like for you to understand that it's not my

fault as well. My sliding door's lock was broken by somebody which is how

they had access to my house, including the modem.

I understand if a Globe customer with a handset can block the IMEI of a

device, then I would like to urge you to place the same/similar security

measure to your modem. I understand there is already an app in place. Maybe

we can have an option to block the device from the app. I would like for

someone to contact me regarding this through my mobile at 09151980248

anytime after 4PM. I don't mean to be a hard customer, but your customer

service response of "No, I can't do anything for you" is unacceptable, and

so is the fact that I spent Php 2,000 and will have to spend another Php

2,000 hard-earned money for a circumstance I did not intend to happen. I

would like to reach a compromise of some sort. May I also have a complaint

reference please? Thanks.

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018, 09:09 kenofglobe <[email protected]>

med.villamayor

Good day. May I follow up on this?