5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2013 1:34 PM by Jeian

Globe Toolbar

LyleSantos
      Your toolbar is obtrusive, redundant, and annoying. All of its features are already accessible to users without it. It was annoying and useless the first time you launched it, it's still unnecessary now. Whoever thought of it is clueless about user experience.

In addition to being a nuisance, the toolbar is poorly implemented. It takes over the browser without user permission, which is typical of a malware.

While there is an option to opt out, it not permanent. The toolbar reactivates the moment browser cache is cleared.

Get rid of it and never bring it back unless you want to alienate more of your subscribers.
        • Re: Globe Toolbar
          ErikFelipe_
          You can unsubscribe it naman po for the first time na mag-appear or pop up sya sa brower mo. :smileyhappy:
            LyleSantos
            Thank you for the suggestion, Erik. I am aware that I can unsubscribe.

Like I wrote in my original comment, opting out (unsubscribing) is not permanent.

It automatically reactivates the moment cache is cleared.
              elmer0224

LyleSantos wrote:
              Your toolbar is obtrusive, redundant, and annoying. All of its features are already accessible to users without it. It was annoying and useless the first time you launched it, it's still unnecessary now. Whoever thought of it is clueless about user experience.

In addition to being a nuisance, the toolbar is poorly implemented. It takes over the browser without user permission, which is typical of a malware.

While there is an option to opt out, it not permanent. The toolbar reactivates the moment browser cache is cleared.

Get rid of it and never bring it back unless you want to alienate more of your subscribers.

Hmmm... it's the first time that I heard Globe has a Toolbar. Where did you downloaded it from?

If you're not happy with the Globe Toolbar, then you can probably uninstall it, permanently.

You can try Toolbar Cleaner to remove unwanted toolbars on your browser. You can Google it to know where to download it. You can also uninstall it using CCleaner (again, Google).

I hope Globe would improve their Toolbar soon :smileyhappy:

mican

i agree that globe toolbar is annoying.

two ways to get rid of it permanently even when you clear your cache:

1. edit the hosts file of your pc.

go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
                add a line with this:

0.0.0.0 toolbar.mywebacceleration.com

then save.

2. if youre using router/mobile hotspot.

go to the LAN IP Filter of your router.

add 64.19.142.3 to filter/block TCP/UDP connections to that IP.

save the changes.

that annoying globe toolbar will not appear anymore :smileyvery-happy:

Jeian
                    This is done by globe for much better account monitoring when you are online.It could give you latest update about your balance and expiration of your promos. It is not currently working but sure when the network upgrade is completed it will be awesome as possible