9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2013 3:41 PM by jhey024

MY SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 HEATS UP. PROB WITH BALANCE INQUIRY

mommycakes

Why does my s4 heats up? As in hindi normal na init ng phone. :smileyfrustrated:

saka wala ako ma-receive na reply whenever I check my plan balance. Yung unbilled charges lang merong reply. 

Maraming salamat po.

• Re: MY SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 HEATS UP. PROB WITH BALANCE INQUIRY
          fjordz
          Hi mommycakes,

I'm also using an S4 from Globe. I'm not sure though about the heat up issue but with regard to the balance inquiry, I suggest you download the GServices app in Play Store. That will help you check and manage your postpaid account.
            WILLfindways

Hello, mommycakes.

What are you doing with your device when it heats up? Are there running applications? 

Can you check if there is an available OS upgrade for your device?

By the way, when did you get your device? Is it within the 7 days replacement period? 

I suggest you visit a Globe Store and tell them about your concern (I assumed you got your device from Globe) 

Ask them if they can replace it or have it checked by the service center. 

hcescala
              Hi mommycakes, it heats up on below scenarios:
              1. Charging while using the phone
              2. Charging the phone
              3. Wifi tethering
              4. When using data at any signal strength can be E, H, 3G or 4G. Like video streaming
              5. Playing games

Try also restarting your phone
              Plan balance i think provides a breakdown of your usage for a specific period, not on how much consumables you still have.
                Rust Cohle

Do you remember the last app you installed before your S4 started heating up like this? You might want to uninstall that and see if there's any difference.

On the other hand, you can install Watchdog Task Manager from Google Play, an app that monitors all running background and foreground processes then alerts you of any application that it catches eating up more memory than it should. It's a great way to control rogue apps that happen to find their way into your smartphone.

imedabong
                  That is normal if the device is on charging, excessive usage, and even call lenght. Make sure to rest your device as it can also damage any internal contents if its on high temperature. Avoid leaving apps that still runs, and close your internet options such WiFi or Data and even your GPS after use because it is also energy consuming.
                    kixsh
                    The same thing happens to me. The same conditions that you have stated. Since it is over the 7 days replacement . . . What I always do is give my phone a time to rest.
                      AkoSiRyan
                      i dont know if your problem was already solve, i havent read the whole thread yet but let me try to help you.

your phone heats up has many possible reasons. CPU that is always in process is one reason, if you have many active applications, CPU is always active thus generating heat, remember that Galaxy S4 is a 1.9 Quad Core processor.

GPU also generates heat when your using your phone for graphic eating applications.

same while using your phone and wifi is ON or Data is ON since the modem chip (specially LTE Chip) that is embedded to the CPU, generates a lot of heat.

at the same time if your screen brightness is set to the maximum.

solutions are:

Turn OFF applications that you do not use by pressing and holding the Home Button and tapping the Task Manger and ending the process. you can also swipe left or right the applications you see when you press and hold the Home Button

Turn OFF wifi when not use

Turn OFF DATA Connection when not use

Turn OFF GPS when not use

Turn OFF auto rotation when not use

Set Screen Brightness to Automatic or Lowest

Turn OFF Air Gestures and all Smart functions like Smart Stay or Smart Pause etc.

by doing this you also save battery. I hope this would help you. Enjoy your S4.