4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2013 3:14 PM by RLaurena

The HTC One I received had scratches. Can I have it replaced?

johnny5

Hi Guys,

I recently got a postpaid plan for the HTC One but the silver unit I received had some tiny scratches on the top of the phone near the headphone jack. The scratches are not that big, around 4 or 5 short lines. It's not that noticeable at first but once you see it, you can't miss it. The phone is really great, it's just the scratches that are pretty annoying.

I went to the Globe center to try and have it replaced. The CSR told me that the scratches were likely a factory defect but they won't be able to replace my unit with another since they would need to check with HTC first. They were already releasing the phones so it's a bit odd that they still don't know about the return policy of the manufacturer. It's been a few days and I still have not received any updates from the Globe reps.

I just wanted to ask if I can have my unit replaced and how I should go about it. When the iPhone 5 came out there were people who easily had their units replaced because of scuff marks so I was wondering if the same is also true for the One.

Hope you guys can help.

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

• Re: The HTC One I received had scratches. Can I have it replaced?
          WILLfindways

Hello, Johnny5.

Welcome to the Globe Community. I am glad you have come to share your Globe life with us.

Before you proceed reading my reply, you may need to note of the following:

I don't represent Globe Telecom or any of its Third Party Vendors in any of my replies.

It is my personal belief that we are all created therefore we are all creatures here.

If you believe otherwise, you may let me know.

Moving on with your concern.

Normally, devices issued by Globe are subject to a seven day replacement warranty if there is/are a proven factory defect/s.

Did you report this within this period?

If yes, you may ask the Globe Store for a possible replacement.  But you must allow them to have it checked first by the respective HTC Distributor/Service Center.

For your information, the seven day replacement warranty does not apply to Iphone and BlackBerry devices.

As a BlackBerry Device owner we are entitled to a one year replacement if the device is proven defective during the first 12 months with or without scratches. Terms and Conditions Apply.

Anyway, if you reported it beyond the seven day period, I am afraid Globe may not entertain your request anymore.

Lastly, when receiving a device for the first time, subscribers are normally asked to look for any scratch in the device.  I guess you were not reminded of this in your case.

Have a great day!

johnny5

Hi WILLfindways,

Thanks for your response!

For your first question, yes I did report it within the 7 day replacement period. I reported it the day after I received the unit. I would have returned it the same day but I had work and I was unable to go back to the Globe center immediately.

About inspecting the device after receiving it, yes you are right. I was not informed of this by the rep who assited me. Although I still did a quick check on the device after I received it to see if there were any problems. I didn't notice the scratches during that time though. One factor which probably caused this was that the scratches are found in the silver/aluminum bezel of the phone. In certain angles or lighting the scratches aren't immediately noticeable.

One question that I still have is do I need to do anything else from my end? The reps didn't give any solid timeline about reaching out to HTC so as of now all I'm doing is waiting.

Also, will the 7 day replacement period still be counted from the day I received the unit now that I have made a request for replacement? I'm just worried that if the Globe reps don't respond within the period that I won't be able to request for a replacement any longer.

Thanks again for the help!

WILLfindways

Hello, Johnny5.

Welcome to the Globe Community. I am glad you have come to share your Globe life with us.

Before you proceed reading my reply, you may need to note of the following:

I don't represent Globe Telecom or any of its Third Party Vendors in any of my replies.

It is my personal belief that we are all created therefore we are all creatures here.

If you believe otherwise, you may let me know.

Moving on with your concern.

You have already complied with the seven day replacement policy. 

Did you surrender the you unit to them? Anyway, even if the phone is with you, Globe needs to replace it if indeed it needs to be replaced since you have complied to the seven day replacement policy.

You may visit the store again and follow up your concern.

Have a nice day.

RLaurena
                May I ask how can I replace my HTC one unit if I'm beyond the 7day replacement rule? The battery drains so fast in my unit