4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2013 12:59 AM by cleochris08

Prepaid Galaxy S4 unit purchased from Globe was defective, but already exceeds 7 days replacement

cleochris08

Hi everyone! I'm a Globe postpaid subscriber. I got my postpaid plan last February 2013 and it came with a free Samsung Galaxy S3 mini. But when the Galaxy S4 came out on Globe, I purchased a prepaid kit from their store in SM Mall of Asia last May 6, 2013. Upon purchase, I tested the unit and it had no issues. But later on, I noticed that there is a problem in the phone's main camera. I seldom use the camera, that's why I noticed this problem just lately. Each time I take pictures (especially during framing), I noticed that there are purple lines appearing on the screen. At first I thought that maybe it will only appear on the screen but not on the photo, but I was wrong. In every photo that I take (especially without the flash), the purple lines are visible, and that's not good.:smileysad: What am I going to do now that the phone is already out of the 7 day replacement coverage? Won't there be any chance that I'll get a replacement unit even from the Samsung service center since this is really a factory defect? To tell you guys, I'm really careful with my device so I don't think mishandling or improper use have caused the problem.

• Re: Prepaid Galaxy S4 unit purchased from Globe was defective, but already exceeds 7 days replacemen
          hcescala

Hi cleochris08, based on this LINK you need to bring the handset to its respective manufacturer. Much better if you phone Globe or visit their store and ask for information. Maybe Globe offer replacement for defective handset but depending on brand. But definitely it has 1 year limited warranty. 

• Re: Prepaid Galaxy S4 unit purchased from Globe was defective, but already exceeds 7 days replacemen
            violinrocker
            I think samsung released an update for that issue. There are a lot of complaints about that
                cleochris08

@ violinrocker

I guess you're pertaining to the purple smearing issue that's common to all Samsung Galaxy S4 units. It only occurs in the settings (by quickly scrolling up and down) and also in the gallery. But mine is a different case. It's not a smearing issue, and the update didn't fix it (I've tried it already). Purple lines appear horizontally on the camera's viewfinder. What's even worse is that it's also captured in the photos after shooting. I think this problem is related to the main/rear camera module, because whenever I'm using the front camera this issue doesn't occur.

@ hcescala & WILLfindways

Thanks for the link and for the information. Yes, my Galaxy S4 is still under the 1 year manufacturer's limited warranty. Okay then, this weekend I'll visit the Globe store where I purchased the device and also go to a Samsung service center. I just hope that the service center will look very well into the problem and not just make any wrong diagnosis that might worsen my phone's condition.

WILLfindways

Hello, cleochris08.

Welcome to the Globe Community. I am glad you have come to share your Globe life with us.

Before you proceed in reading my reply, please take of the following:

I don't represent Globe Telecom or any of its Third Party Vendors in any of my message.

It is my personal belief that we are all created. Therefore, we are all creatures here.

If you believe otherwise, you may let me know.

Moving on with your concern.

I suggest you is to act fast and bring the device to any Globe Store (if you can you may visit the Globe Store from where you availed the device).

While Globe has no obligation to replace your phone based since you reported the defect beyond the 7 day replacement period, the device may still be under 1 year limited warranty.

Don't lose hope, if the problem cannot be fixed by an update, and it is a known defect, the service center may be able to decide the best way to compensate you for the defect.

By the way, did you know that Iphone and BlackBerry devices are not subject to the 7 Day Replacement policy?

If the device is proven defective, even beyond the 7 Day replacement period, it may be replaced as soon as there is an available replacement device.

We accept the things we think we deserve - The perks of being WILL