5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2014 2:01 PM by textguru

Will our 3G devices work on your LTE platform?

RickyD
        • Re: Will our 3G devices work on your LTE platform?
          lawrence0921

I believe, no.

For LTE service to work, the following conditions must be met:

a) You must have a 4G LTE-enabled SIM card.

As of the moment, Globe can only offer LTE SIM cards for Postpaid subscribers. If you are a postpaid subscriber, you can request for a SIM change by visiting the Globe Store.

b) You must have an LTE-capable device.

Tattoo Black stick and LTE-capable smartphones (Blackberry Z10, Q10, iPhone 5 and Samsumg G S4) are all LTE-capable. The Tattoo 4G Flash or Superstick is NOT LTE-capable.

c) You must be in a location where LTE service is available.

Please visit the Globe website for list of LTE locations. I'm sure LTE is available in Taguig, Makati and some highly urbanized middle-class locations in the metro. *wink

d) You must activate LTE service via Talk2Globe (211 or chat)

Choose Technical Support and provide the agent your SIM serial number.

Ong
            Hi! I opted to avail globe's add on booster for my pocket wifi with 200 pesos additional monthly payment to my 999 unli plan. How can i determine whether the speed of my Internet signal has increased? I had my pocket wifi simcard changed to LTE also even being told that my place of residence is not yet covered by LTE system. Finally, is my 999 pocket wifi plan entitled to a Loyalty Award? It has a 2 year lock up period agreement. Thank you. Your answer and clarification are highly appreciated.
              Ong
              As to the determination of my Internet speed, i downloaded a speed test app at speedtest. Net. Despite boosting my speed to 21mbps and paying 200 pesos monthly for the booster, the speedtest meter gives me a reading of less than 4mbps always as to downloading and less than 2mbps for uploading. I don't even reach the maximum 7mbps standard for 3g
              Do you think i have to ask globe for deactivation of my booster. I pay without giving my money's worth!
                Ong
                As to the determination of my Internet speed, i downloaded a speed test app at speedtest. Net. Despite boosting my speed to 21mbps and paying 200 pesos monthly for the booster, the speedtest meter gives me a reading of less than 4mbps always as to downloading and less than 2mbps for uploading. I don't even reach the maximum 7mbps standard for 3g
                Do you think i have to ask globe for deactivation of my add on booster? I pay without getting my money's worth!
                  textguru

Just to clarify.

LTE Platform means LTE Service? If yes, LTE service will only work if it was activated on your account.