2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2013 11:15 PM by mrniceone17

My Nexus 4 has problem in WCDMA and LTE connection, or any other problem?

arnobie

When I was in Dubai, I have never experience being disconnected from 3G/4G connection. When I arrived at Manila, my phone shows I have 3G connection only, but after seconds, it goes to HEDGE and then stay to EDGE connection. I have made some calls in globe customer service, they said that "GLOBE IS UPGRADING, THAT'S WHY THIS ISSUE IS OCCURING!", then I ask when this upgrade will last? then they answered "THEY DON'T KNOW WHEN!" 

In my point of view "GLOBE IS NOT READY FOR THIS TECH GENERATION! WASTE OF TIME & MONEY!"

By the way, I am a loyal customer of Globe since 1999.

• Re: My Nexus 4 has problem in WCDMA and LTE connection, or any other problem?
          ChitoReyes

From what I see, your problem seems to be that your network connection shifts from WCDMA (3G) to Edge and vice versa.

From what I know, the Nexus 4 does not have the capability to lock-in to WCDMA or 3G only networks similar to the iphone 3g unlike the newer phones now. The problem is that when a network 3G cellsite gets to its capacity, some of those who are connected get bumped off to EDGE or 2G connection.

The only recourse here is to turn on your phone to airplane mode then turn it back off so it could refresh its connection to the 3g cellsite hoping you coud bump off somebody else. Most phones now have a 3G or WCDMA only option meaning its 3G or nothing.

However, I may also be mistaken and your Nexus 4 may have had an update.

Try this;
          Go to; Settings.
          More Settings.
          Wireless and Networks.
          Mobile networks.
          Network mode.
          Check if you have an option for WCDMA only.

Hope this helps.

• Re: My Nexus 4 has problem in WCDMA and LTE connection, or any other problem?
            mrniceone17
            Yeah ChitoReyes, not all telcos can give better(or sometimes great) signals. But lets just pray that GLOBE can put great signals in Mindanao to exprience Fast and affordable promos.

And by the way arnobie, is your Nexus 4 have Postpaid plan in Dubai or you bought it Unlock? There's also a chance that it cant receive 3G well.

Enjoy GLOBE,Your Way
            Mrniceone17