5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2013 10:48 PM by pamedlagan

Modifying plan to avail of COMBOS using Peso Values

pamedlagan

I just got a new plan last JUNE 8. At the globe center, the representative told me that I can just modify my plan (use peso value for combos) at home. Since there were a lot of customers at the center, I realized it might be easier to do over the phone.

I got home, still on June 8, and called the hotline number. The agent tried to process my request but an error kept occurring. She said that modifications can only be done AFTER THE CUT-OFF PERIOD, which in my case happens to be exactly on JUNE 24. So the agent told me to call ON JUNE 24.

JUNE 24 -

Called the hotline number. The agent kept experiencing an error AGAIN. I asked if I am really allowed to modify my plan on that certain day and the agent said tha I certainly am allowed to do that and that the system should allow her to do that. The thing is, there's this error that won't allow her to push through with the changes. She escalated the issue to whichever team handling system errors. I was PROMISED feedback either on JUNE 25 or 26 at 8 PM on both dates. NO CALLS, NO EMAILS RECEIVED.

JUNE 26 -

Called the hotline number. The agent said that the NEW SYSTEM only allows modifcation of freebies / boosters within 15 DAYS BEFORE the cut-off. If I wanted to modify my plan, I would need to call on JULY 9 to request for modification and the changes will take effect on JULY 25.

Basically, I was not able to experience the promised CUSTOMIZABLE PLAN from June 8 up to July 25 (almost 2 months) because I WAS MISINFORMED, CHANGES WERE MADE WITH THE SYSTEM AND THE INFOMRATION WAS NOT DISSEMINATED, AND THE AGENTS DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT (THEY WERE PROBABLY MISINFORMED AS WELL).

Technically, I can still use the peso value to make calls and send texts. The thing is, I got a GLOBE plan because I can customize the value I get from the plan so I can monitor my usage. The plan supposedly is I can limit the amount of texts I send and calls I make because I have a predetermined amount of texts or calls. This is the promise GLOBE made in every commercial / advertisement that they show the public. This is what I have been deprived of in the first two months of my subscription.

So my question is - WHAT WILL GLOBE TELECOM DO to compensate for the inconvenience? What should be done to the agents who gave wrong information which resulted in me having to wait for another month before I can modify my plan?

• Re: Modifying plan to avail of COMBOS using Peso Values
          ChitoReyes

Some notes pamedlagan...

1. Which Globe Center did you go to on June 8 and would you know the name of the representative who accommodated you for the change of plan without helping you with the combos? Though you could have done so at home, the number of people should not have an excuse for him to let you go specially with the new plan unless you really chose to. You also waited just like the others and nothing beats a person to person guide in doing things that are new. (When I shifted to "Best Ever", I let the CSR do the inputing of combos for me and he showed it to me through his monitor that such were activated just to make sure)

2. Were you able to get the names of the people you spoke with over the phone or the case/reference numbers of your calls? It would be additional information when building up your case for whatever demands you would have.

3. Since you were clearly misinformed and aggravated by reasons which were not of your doing, is there a specific demand that you would want to compensate for the alleged wrongdoing? Though I'm sure Globe would offer something but it would be better if you could prepare what you'd want in order for them to escalate your demand to the proper channels.

Good luck and let us know what transpired.

pamedlagan

Hi ChitoReyes,

Thank you for your useful tips. I don't really know what to ask for as compensation for the misinformation, I just really want to set up my combos - it's basically the reason why I signed up for the plan.

I remember receiving a ticket number for the complaint I filed during my last call in June 26 but I have not received any calls regarding any updates on the case.

As of now, there are two things I could do:

- Wait until July 9 to call the hotline and set up combos (as instructed by the last agent I talked with) and enjoy combos beginning the third cut-off since I got my plan OR

- Keep calling globe and complain about the misinformation when I don't exactly know what I want in return.

If you were in this situation, what would you do?

pamedlagan
              Thank you very much. I'll follow your advice and do to a business center on July 9 since I was previously told that this should be the day I call to modify my plan.

By the way, is it normal for the bill to arrive late? My cut-off was last June 24 but the bill hasn't arrived yet.