8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2013 12:37 AM by KatAngeles

I can't access BBM using Blackberry 9220. HELP!

JeromeMatias

I can't access my BBM using my Blackberry 9220. I'm currently hooked on the Family plan. The sales representative told me that the Blackberry would have a tack-on of 99 pesos a month for 24 months as a subscription to BB Chat. I'm paying for the service that I'm not able to utilize. I hope there is some way that I can use BBM.

Signs:

- my phone shows "edge" in lower case letters.

- BIS is not connected.

Thank you for the help.

• Re: I can't access BBM using Blackberry 9220. HELP!
          GIBO
          Hi @JeromeMatias - please remove the battery of your BlackBerry for a minute or two. Put it back in again. Once the phone is on, press Alt + Shift + Del and wait for the device to turn off and turn on again. If these do not work. Please call the Hotline or Tweet @talk2Globe. Hope this helps.
              JeromeMatias

Thank you for a quick response sir GIBO. I tried doing the steps above, to no avail. I don't know if this info helps but when I the phone turned on, "GSM" flashed all caps for like a few seconds but it reverted back to the lowercase "edge". And also this, I used this sim on a BlackBerry Torch that I own personally before using the 9220 supplied with the plan. When the Torch broke down, I transferred phones to 9220. But even back then on the Torch, I don't have a BBM connection. I don't know if that plays a factor to it. I didn't bother asking back then but now, I have an urgent matter to address and BBM is the only possible mean of communication. I hope this can get fixed up fast. Thank you sir. :smileyhappy:

TERQZ

Hi there JeromeMatias,

Welcome to the community.
              I agree with @GIBO, let me add other tips.

Proper signal indicators will be for BB phone OS 7.1 and below are: GPRS, EDGE , 3G with BB logo. If it is proper kindly do the BTS below

First always make sure that your data services is on. You can check that by going to main menu>Options>networks and connections> mobile network >data services must be turn on. if it is turned on and you already have registered in the HRT or host routing table. kindly hardreset your phone by pulling out the battery while the phone is on and place it back, the phone will automatically restart.

If all else fails kindly call the customer support 211 or (02) 730 1000 for the checking if your services is properly aligned.

Hope it helps,

TERQZ

GIBO
                Hi All,

@slithethroat is in a better position to assist you since he works in Technical Support.

:smileywink:
                  GIBO
                  Question: Is it required to register here: https://globe.blackberry.com/ even if it's only BBM he is getting?
                      TERQZ
                      Yes, that's the forums are saying. Most likely he cant do that if the service that he avails is just BB chat. For that service to be use he need to be in BB messaging or BB max. So the only way is to have the hotline or globe support to send the servicebooks from their end to the handset. but that will need to have his Signal indicator to be capitalize to be able to receive it. There is a chance that the services for blackberry is misaligned.
                          KatAngeles

since I also have the same problem "unable to access bbm using BB 9220", i tried all of your suggestions but my email account icon disappear. i tried the "show all icon" but there where no icon for email accoounts. even when i go to setup, there was no emaill account icon which was there at the beginning. what should i do? thank you. :smileyhappy:

ps. 
                          if i opt to restore my phone to factory settings, will that be ok?