9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2013 8:18 PM by cerev
      • Re: Why is there signal fluctuation and dropped calls?
        randicho1
        This might be due to the network modernization program being conducted by Globe. I think it includes hardware upgrades and other enhancements that are aimed to strengthen the network.

At times, you’d experience dropped calls especially if the improvement activity is being done in the area where your mobile phone’s network is connecting to.

I remember receiving an SMS advisory prior to the upgrade activity. I also check http://network.globe.com.ph occasionally to check on my area's updates.
            MarLouieCruz

Is this the updated progress of Globe's upgrade? I doubt, because when I called Globe, they said there's no problem or existing upgrade

randicho1 wrote:
            This might be due to the network modernization program being conducted by Globe. I think it includes hardware upgrades and other enhancements that are aimed to strengthen the network.

At times, you’d experience dropped calls especially if the improvement activity is being done in the area where your mobile phone’s network is connecting to.

I remember receiving an SMS advisory prior to the upgrade activity. I also check http://network.globe.com.ph occasionally to check on my area's updates.

in our area.

theSandies

i've been getting E 95% of the time 24/7 in my house. for H or H+ it appears but reverts back to E. bulok talaga ang signal ng GLOBE. i've received their SMS advisory last JULY that a cellsite will be updated but until now no info on it even network.globe.com.ph still indicates that it's still UPGRADING.

rival telco works even inside the deepest part of my room, if it's GLOBE then my signal goes dead. as of posting the lasst time i spoke with GLOBE they told me that their cellsite is approx. 800+ meters from me. if this is the case why not put cellsite closer to my place. HASSLE INDEED.

noelledeg

With 3G cellsites, there's a phenomenon called "shrinkage": when a large cluster of people in one location all start using 3G at the same time, it causes the coverage area to shrink (it's kind of like when several people are connected to the same wifi router at home and all are downloading big files). You might be living or moving in an area densely populated by many Globe users who are also connecting via 3G.

When Globe completes the switch over to the upgraded system this weekend (and this is gonna be a sudden switch ha, like flipping a light switch), the system will be able to handle more 3G users.

yakult
                Globe should think of a way to compensate users because of the bad network. You can says there's ongoing network upgrade. But half of the time I call my family, I have to attempt 3x to get a decent call. Either she can't hear me or am the one who can't! Am not even counting the number of tries before I can even get the line to ring.

Ok pa yung di nagpush through yung call, hassle pero di ka naman charged. Pero masakit yung 3x na nagconnect pero di mo marinig. That's P7 x 3 = P21 one time!

rand0m_insanity

yakult wrote:
                    Globe should think of a way to compensate users because of the bad network. You can says there's ongoing network upgrade. But half of the time I call my family, I have to attempt 3x to get a decent call. Either she can't hear me or am the one who can't! Am not even counting the number of tries before I can even get the line to ring.

Ok pa yung di nagpush through yung call, hassle pero di ka naman charged. Pero masakit yung 3x na nagconnect pero di mo marinig. That's P7 x 3 = P21 one time!

I agree on this. Also Globe must really do something about the frequent delays in receiving texts. We are in 2013, not in the 90's anymore. I don't see any reason why this shouldnt be resolved quickly.

MarLouieCruz

Is the upgrade still on-going?

cerev
                      Ako naman, napupunta kung saan-saan calls ko pag ibang network tinatawagan. Iba ang sumasagot. Ilang beses na yan especially this week.