3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2013 10:01 PM by osmiumrx

Intermittent LTE

milkyway

Hello, I am subsribed to plan 999 with Galaxy S4. My LTE connection has been intermittent lately. Before, I am able to connect to 4G (LTE) seamlessly without doing anything. I am working here in Makati. I can roam around in Makati before with 4G signal on my phone, but now it stays on H+ mode most of the time even though I know that I am in a LTE served areas like Greenbelt and Glorietta. To received the LTE signal, I have to enable mobile data, then lock to WCDMA only, then wait till mobile data is connected again in H+ mode, then switched to auto mode LTE/WCDMA/GSM mode again, then it will connect to H+ then wait a few minutes then it will connect to 4G (LTE). I have to this a lot of times just to receive the LTE. I have just discovered this trick lately.

• Re: Intermittent LTE
          ChitoReyes

I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate that little trick of yours. What it actually does is to log-out then log-in again to the network hoping that you could bump somebody off the LTE signal in places where LTE is congested or waiting until somebody ceases to use LTE through a handover location..

That trick was being used by owners of the iphone 3G where 3G signals could not be locked... turn-off (or airplane mode) then turn on (turn-off airplane mode).

Let us remember that Globe's LTE is still spotty, limited and still being tweaked but many want to take advantage.

milkyway

I dont think the sites are congested, because all of my coworkers can connect seamlessly with 4G LTE in their Galaxy S4 with Plan 999 not like me, I needed to do the trick a couple of times just to receive 4G LTE. I have also tried to switch sim card just to checked if the problem resides with my phone but it is not, it seamlessly connected to LTE just after I switched on the phone. I have also tried to used my sim card in their Galaxy S4 and the problem still persisted. I have already complained this to GT Store and they've changed my physical sim and yet problem persisited. I think the problem lies in provisioning of  my account.

osmiumrx
              I think there's nothing wrong with the way your account was provisioned. Globe's LTE network is not yet stable so it is expected that some may experience difficulty in getting LTE. Hope Samsung could add an LTE Only mode at least.