1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 2, 2013 9:23 AM by ChitoReyes

I have a globe roaming SIM card I use here in Australia. When someone calls me from the Philippines

Apoy8888
      I purchased a globe international roaming SIM card from eBay... When someone calls me from the Philippines how would it be charged? Are there any promo deals I can get that would allow me to use unli texts and calls?
      Could I please just have a list of things to know about it because its starting to cost a fortune lol.
      If someone calls me from the same country it would be charged from my sim? Now much would it cost?
        • Re: I have a globe roaming SIM card I use here in Australia. When someone calls me from the Philippi
          ChitoReyes

For your query, you might want to refer to http://www.globe.com.ph/help/postpaid/intl-roaming/charges-faqs?jsid=C2412630F93623602AEF6D64CD6510F1.41372727553975

I do not know of any promos which would make you enjoy unlimited calls and texts if you are in another country as many of the services would be dependent on the service provider in Australia and not Globe Philippines.

Usually, people keep a roaming Globe sim just for receiving SMS from people in the Philippines There are many services in most countries which are cheaper if one is using that country's sim.

Below are the FAQ's from http://www.globe.com.ph/help/postpaid/intl-roaming/charges-faqs?jsid=C2412630F93623602AEF6D64CD6510F1.41372727553975

When you make domestic calls from the country you are roaming in, you will be charged based on the outgoing voice call rate of Globe's roaming partner** in that country.

For calls you make to other countries, the charges are based on the outgoing IDD voice call rate of the roaming partner**.

**subject to 15% roaming surcharge and 12% VAT on the surcharge.

For every call you receive from the Philippines and made from a landline, or a mobile number (whether or not it is under Globe), you get charged based on the incoming voice call rate of the roaming partner**.

The same goes for calls you receive from a landline or from a mobile subscriber of a network outside the Philippines, or form a roaming subscriber of Globe or other mobile network.

Text messages you send to a mobile user subscribed to a network based outside the Philippines*** will carry a Php10.00 charge (each SMS), plus our roaming partner's outgoing text charges** (if applicable).

Normally, you will not be charged for text messages that you receive. But if applicable, you will be charged the incoming SMS rate of the roaming partner**.

When using mobile internet/surfing, you will be charged based on the GPRS rate of the roaming partner**. We encourage you to inquire about the roaming partners and rates in your destination before leaving for your trip.

Sending MMS (Multi-Media Messaging Service) messages comes with a charge based on the roaming partner's outgoing MMS charges**, if applicable. It would depend on the size of the message, measured in KB.

Receiving MMS messages is charged based on the roaming partner's incoming MMS rate**, if applicable.

**subject to 15% roaming surcharge and 12% VAT on the surcharge. MMS is available only if the service is supported by the network partner and if the handset used is MMS-capable.