I don't have an iPhone but to answer your question, check if you have the following:
- An iPhone 5 with model number A1429, which can be seen on the back side of the phone.
- iOS 6.1 and up, if not, go to Settings > General > Software Update to update.
- Carrier version 14.1 or up. Check it on Settings > General > About and look under 'Carrier Version'.
- Turn the 'Enable LTE' toggle to ON under Settings > General > Network.
- A postpaid SIM with the 4G LTE logo.
- LTE activated on your account. Some SIM cards with the 4G LTE logo doesn't come with LTE activated on it (like my sister's SIM). Call 211 and ask them to activate LTE on your account.
- Make sure you're in an area with LTE signal.
Mine has no 4G LTE logo, but talk2globe confirms that my sim is already LTE activated
If by checking the list given by Neil applies to you, you might be in an area where LTE is still unavailable.
+Global City (? --not sure about this)
All else are HSDPA+ Activated.
Im in davao city and bot once have i got an LtE signal.. In a press released i read that davao is one of the areas with LTE coverage.. Has anyone gotten an LTE signal in davao city?
I experience LTE in davao city everytime I'm close to marfori heights, 27mbps speed is the max I've attained.
yeah sorry my bad i had confirmed this from Globe Hotline and Globe BC ,
Davao City LTE Covered are :
Part of Torres St. Davao City Barangay 9-A (Pob.)
Part of (Pob.), Gov. Paciano Bangoy, Barangay 5-A
and then later daw along J.P. Laurel near Buhangin ...
Sana sinali nalang nilha like ung sa mga Malls malapit like SM Lanang , SM Ecoland, Gaisano Mall area.
san ka nakapwesto bro nung naka LTE ka near marfori?
Sa may Jacinto Ext. (near Central Bank) from Marfori heights ako nakapwesto nung masubukan ko ang 27mbps speed. Also tried LTE on top of GMall (3rd floor and up), JP Laurel St. (from in-front of GMall up to Victoria Plaza), F. Torres St. and sometimes when I'm around Bankerohan overpass. Meron ding LTE sa Roxas St. around AdDU up to Computer World.
I have the same problem with my 5. May I ask how EXACTLY you registered your SIM via 2200? Steps please? Tried dialing the number but to no avail.
Sorry bobo lang hehe
Thanks in advance!
Guys, the idea of a community is to help each other out. Not throw us into customer support. Thanks Gibo, but I prefer to ask the community regarding their thoughts especially how Terence solved his woes.
Yes, we are here to help.
The reason behind referring you to Customer Support is to make sure your account is provisioned in Globe's systems.
Have a good day.