4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2013 9:44 PM by Nel

Globe LTE Location Services

Nel

Hi,

Whenever I use LTE signal to determine my location (without GPS), most of the time it says I'm somewhere in Sweden.

Works fine using GSM\WCDMA signal.

Anyone else having this issue?

• Re: Globe LTE Location Services
          ChitoReyes

I would think that the LCS (Location Sevices) of Globe 4G LTE has not been configured to the Philippine setting yet so by default it reflects Sweden, the home counrty of Ericsson which is the equipment provider of 4G LTE of Globe.

Nel

ChitoReyes wrote:

I would think that the LCS (Location Sevices) of Globe 4G LTE has not been configured to the Philippine setting yet so by default it reflects Sweden, the home counrty of Ericsson which is the equipment provider of 4G LTE of Globe.

possibly....I'm not sure though if that's the case since I haven't noticed anyone else reporting this issue.

AkoSiRyan
              what phone are you using?

it is possible that the country of origin for your mobile device is somewhere in Europe thus you are using a Firmware for European country on your unit like its baseband and CSC. thus indicating that your are on that country of use.
                  Nel

AkoSiRyan wrote:
                  what phone are you using?

it is possible that the country of origin for your mobile device is somewhere in Europe thus you are using a Firmware for European country on your unit like its baseband and CSC. thus indicating that your are on that country of use.

Using S3 LTE (I9305). Yup its not available 'officially' in the Philippines  :smileytongue:

Its from France (at least that's what's written on the box).

Baseband might be one thing, but I was able to manually change the CSC values (already changed to GLB)..