4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2013 12:38 PM by Darcy

Need advice on post paid plan application: on credit card and other requirements

Darcy

Disclaimer: This post might be a lengthy one as I want you guys to make sense why I am seeking for advice. :smileyhappy:

I am currently applying for a Globe Postpaid plan 1799 and I submitted my requirements to Allphones Starmall branch, a mobile retail store that offers various brands of phones which are Globe-locked (for pre- and post-paid). With the hope that they will be able to process my application quickly, I decided last Sunday to pass the requirements to them instead of enduring the long queue in SM Megamall. Unfortunately, the promised maximum days of waiting (3 days) is over and still got no concrete and detailed feedback/status/update regarding my application.

My friends adviced me to just pull-out my application immediately and go to the Globe Business Center instead for a more convenient, hassle-free, and faster application process. And they even adviced me to use my CREDIT CARD as proof of billing and/or income so I will be able to get my phone on the same day (instead of resorting to the standard requirements such as COE, Payslip, ITR, etc.).

Having these premises, my questions are as follows:

1) How true (or at least: how possible) is it that I will be able to get the handset within the day if I apply using my credit card as proof of income/capacity to pay?

2) Is it OK if I go now to Megamall and present my credit card without my Billing Statements (I left it in the office as I am on vacation leave today)? And provide other alternative requirements such as COE, payslip and ID?

3) My credit limit is Php 20,000.00, will I be able to avail the 1799 plan (with UnliText booster of 350; so all in all it'll be 2100+)? I believe my salary is within the bracket  which is qualified for a plan limit of 2300. How's that? 'Cause as I read through some posts and came across of this claim that the credit limit should be 25,000?

Any reply/assistance is highly appreciated. Sana I can get a feedback from you guys before I leave today to process these things para makapag-plan ako ng mga necessary actions ko.

Thank you in advance. :smileyhappy:

• Re: Need advice on post paid plan application: on credit card and other requirements
          notevenfollowed
          Hello there let me answer your questions:

#1. in my experience I was able to get my phone on the same day of application using my cc as a proof of billing and proof of income. I just waited a max of 2hrs including the hassle of the long queue.

#2. AFAIK, you need to present at lest 2 or 3 months SOA of you cc.

#3. I don't know if 20k limit is enough, but if you present additional proof of income it help your application.
          • Re: Need advice on post paid plan application: on credit card and other requirements
            WILLfindways

Hello,@Darcy. 

Welcome to the Globe Community. I am glad you have come to share your Globe life with us.

Before you proceed in reading my reply, please take note of the following:

I don't represent Globe Telecom or any of its Third Party Vendors in any of my message.
            It is my personal belief that we are all created. Therefore, we are all creatures here.
            If you believe otherwise, you may let me know.

Moving on with your concern.

Apply directly to any Globe Store,

Credit Cards  and/or Credit Cards with Statement are considered one of the "One Day Processing" Documents.

But it will still depend on the Credit Process of Globe. And the Availability of your chosen Handset.

You can use your Credit Card as Proof of Identification and Income. If you will allow the Credit Team to check on your Credit Card Balance with your Credit Card Issuer, I think you can provide just that.

If the Credit Team will require you to submit other proof of income, you may submit your COE and PaySlips, but these will be subject for verification with your Company.

I am not sure if your Credit Limit is within the bracket for the Plan 1799. If not, you may still submit other proof of income.

Again, please visit any Globe Store. Show them all the documents you have inside. And let them lead the way.

http://www.globe.com.ph/postpaid-plan-application-requirements?jsid=1372909811111

ChitoReyes

Let's try to answer you quick before you leave...

1. The Handset is dependent on stock availability even if you are qualified for the plan. Your showing of the credit card is not an assurance but will increase the probability of getting you approved as the credit card company has done its supposed diligence in assesing your credit worthiness which Globe may also use as a basis.

2. Yes it is OK... the more documents, the better your case.They can verify from credit card company all your details with your permission.

3. I think you will be qualified and more so if you agree that your bill would be auto charged to your credit card account.

Megamall usually has long lines... I suggest that when you get there, ask right away the available units they have so as not to disappoint you. Hope this quicky helps