1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 8, 2013 2:03 PM by GlennO

Purchasing Apps on Windows Phone Store

JCDelaCruz

Currently, I'm using GCASH Amex Virtual Pay for my transactions at the Windows and Windows Phone Stores. However, I can't purchase apps/games if I have insufficient balance (well, obviously). But this is not the case for iTunes, Google Play and BB. They can still transact provided that they will not exceed the Php500.00 limit to be charged to postpaid bill. Is it possible for Windows Phone Store or do you have any plan/s in the future regarding the support for this platform?

• Re: Purchasing Apps on Windows Phone Store

JCDelaCruz wrote:

Currently, I'm using GCASH Amex Virtual Pay for my transactions at the Windows and Windows Phone Stores. However, I can't purchase apps/games if I have insufficient balance (well, obviously). But this is not the case for iTunes, Google Play and BB. They can still transact provided that they will not exceed the Php500.00 limit to be charged to postpaid bill. Is it possible for Windows Phone Store or do you have any plan/s in the future regarding the support for this platform?

The reason why we can’t include Windows Marketplace in the list of app stores is because the merchant code for Windows Marketplace purchases is also the same merchant code Windows uses for its other Windows-related goods (e.g. mouse, joysticks, etc.) that are not digital goods.

This means that if we allow to charge Windows Marketplace digital goods to the postpaid bills, this will also allow the purchasing of non-digital goods and charge it to the postpaid bills, which we don’t support yet as of now.