2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2013 6:19 PM by rand0m_insanity

Tattoo @ Home DSL or Tattoo 4G Flash Stick

Kaiser1980

I'm currently residing in Darwin St. Pasig Greenpark Village, Pasig City. I'm looking into changing my current ISP (Wi-Tribe) to Globe. Anyone in this community who lives in the same area as me? Just wanted to know which will be much more beneficial for me, the DSL or a Stick. I'm looking to stability of connection and speed of course. The DSL is up to 1Mbps whilst the Stick is up to 7Mbps. I've had a bad experience about a 4G connection with Wi-Tribe and I don't know how another 4G connection (via Stick) will work for me.

I tried checking the coverage but it always comes up with an error in my area.

• Re: Tattoo @ Home DSL or Tattoo 4G Flash Stick
          Neil
          If you want a stable connection it's best to get DSL. You can try submitting your info here http://tattoo.globe.com.ph/planBuilder and wait for their feedback if they have service in your area.
          • Re: Tattoo @ Home DSL or Tattoo 4G Flash Stick
            rand0m_insanity

Kaiser1980 wrote:

I'm currently residing in Darwin St. Pasig Greenpark Village, Pasig City. I'm looking into changing my current ISP (Wi-Tribe) to Globe. Anyone in this community who lives in the same area as me? Just wanted to know which will be much more beneficial for me, the DSL or a Stick. I'm looking to stability of connection and speed of course. The DSL is up to 1Mbps whilst the Stick is up to 7Mbps. I've had a bad experience about a 4G connection with Wi-Tribe and I don't know how another 4G connection (via Stick) will work for me.

I tried checking the coverage but it always comes up with an error in my area.

I definitely would go for a wired plan (DSL). I live in Pasig as well, though in Maybunga. I am subscribed to their 2mbps plan and I can say that I haven't had any major problem with my connection. I have been a subscriber to this service for around six months and it only went down for a couple of hours once. I'd say it is stable and reliable. I use my connection to download, stream, and browse. When I have time, I do play a little bit of online games. Latency is pretty acceptable. VOIP (skype, viber, gtalk) works really well too. As for video chat, it still performs well. :smileyhappy: