3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2013 7:07 AM by ChitoReyes

Paperless Billing issue. PDF file emailed is corrupted.

inurdreams

In the past two months the paperless bill that globe is emailing me are all corrupted and cannot be viewed at all.

Naturally I did some troubleshooting thinking this could be just a problem on my end.

Old PDF bills from globe open perfectly fine.

Other PDF files opens fine also.

I am using Adobe Reader X.

I updated to Adobe Reader XI, still it can't open the new bills from globe.

I tried opening the said bills on my tablet (uses the latest adobe reader ofc) and on my iPhone5. Still no luck.

Did I miss anything? Cause I really think that the problem is coming from Globe or whatever system you have in sending bills.

Also my bills are no longer viewable on globe's website which is sad. I can only view Feb. billing statements and anything after that are not viewable so I rely now on the emails from globe which are currently not readable by Adobe reader. So what do I do to see my bill? I call/chat globe to request the bills emailed to me again via an agent. Those bills are viewable though luckily. But the bad news is globe charges me P60 per bill I request. I worry about my bill and try my best to get it all paid in time and this is what I get?

I have two postpaid accounts with globe and one globe DSL account. All three bills are not readable. Anyone else having this problem?

• Re: Paperless Billing issue. PDF file emailed is corrupted.
          ChitoReyes

This is what I do not understand as to why Globe has to charge extra for resending your Statement via email if you are subscribed to Paperless Billing as it takes a simple push of a button to send it without any cost to them.

I have been receiving both paper and paperless billing for the same accounts I have with no extra cost. Perhaps you could call Globe to send you a paper bill and disenroll you in paperless. That's what I did and I still receive the bills both ways for several years now. There was nothing wrong with the pdf that were sent to me the last 2 months.

In my other bills which don't have paperless billing attached, and when the statements are not delivered on time, I request the CSRs to send me a copy in which they email to me for free. So my conclusion is just to go back to paper bills... Globe would have a record if such bills were received as their courier requires the recipient to sign for their records unlike if sent via email. Besides, requesting for a copy via email is sent free if your bills are delivered by courier.

On another note, check if your computer is not affected by any virus, malware or the like.

ein_jehl024

This is still happening, still not fixed.. my bill came 2days ago, and its corrupted again, i dont know if this is being done deliberately or on purpose, but it is in random sequence, i have received corrupted ebill files on the months of MAY, JUNE, JULY, OCT. & NOV., I've noticed that all those files attached on the mentioned months' ebill, has almost the same file size,  784KB, 785KB,786KB, please fixed the issue, and please dont charge the customers for resending of ebill., its your system that has the problem. 

ChitoReyes

I strongly suggest that you go back to paper billing to have an official record of your statements unless Globe would have a system of verifiying that the paperless billing was duly received and that the attachements are error free.

Under Globe's Terms and Conditions for Published Web Content Information and to those going paperless...

Some excerpts:

You understand that in case of conflict or inconsistencies between the on-line bill and the monthly bill received by you through mail or courier service, the latter shall prevail. 

You understand that Globe Telecom cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading through the Service will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Service for the reconstruction of any lost data. You therefore assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the Service and the Internet.

Globe Telecom does not warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the Service will be corrected. The Service and any software made available on the Service are provided on an "as is, as available" basis.

In no event shall Globe Telecom be liable for:

• any and all damages including but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use the Service or any information, or transactions provided on the Service or downloaded or hyper-linked from or to the Service even if Globe Telecom or its representatives have been advised of the possibility of such malfunction/breakdown of the Service or
                • any claim attributable to errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies in the Service and/or materials or information downloaded through or hyper-linked from the Service.

For more 

http://www.globe.com.ph/terms-and-conditions