3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2013 6:08 PM by ChitoReyes

New Plan Subcsription VS Recontracting Plan ( Plan 299 with BB 9220 handset)

mrdentista2000

I would like to know  where the hell you get the IDEA of asking your recontracting subscriber for Plan 299 with BB 9220 handset to pay a cash out of 1,200.00 VS a new line subscription of the same plan and handset which you dont charge with cash out?

Where is the LOYALTY reward there? isnt it, recontracting subscription falls from Loyalty? it just sound rediculous, im recontracting my 2nd account  which is Plan 299 with BB 9220 handset with a cash out of 1,200.00? while for new subscription of the same plan and handset have no cash out? 

• Re: New Plan Subcsription VS Recontracting Plan ( Plan 299 with BB 9220 handset)
          ChitoReyes

New subscriptions always had the better come-ons eversince I could remember (subscriber since 1994) not just in Globe but in other networks as well. In fact I could remember that in the beginning there was even no incentive to retain one's subscription except for having had the privilege of not changing numbers since the number had been circulated among friends, relatives and business associates and it would be cumbersome to re-inform everyone in case one chooses to change numbers.

IF I'm not mistaken, the first time Globe offered something for "loyalty" was sometime around 1997 when I got an extra battery for my 3-year old Nokia 2110 which I had to get from the Globe McKay office along UN Avenue. Back then, they were already offering newer phones for the new subscribers and I sure envied them. The same with Smart and even Sun which took them around 4 or 5 years before they could offer something to their new subscribers.

I would be happier of course if these telcos would offer something better than the new subscribers but I have come to realize that such is not so. The leverage the telco has is the thought that we would not change providers since we have established that identity which is harder to change after 2 years. Frankly, I am one of those subscribers who would not sacrifice my number because many have become accustomed to it and it's good if I get rewarded for being loyal but nevertheless I would be able to survive even when there is none.

• Re: New Plan Subcsription VS Recontracting Plan ( Plan 299 with BB 9220 handset)
              mrdentista2000
              Thanks Mr. Chito that is a very well said, as you have said, we all even survive even when there is none, no offer at all with their recontracting program, but the problem i am seeing is the misconception of their loyalty program, they just suddenly offered it, therefore, we subscribers will hope or expect on what we might get from their loyalty program once we decided to recontract our expiring contract with them.. The way i can see it, Its very different from other companies we know some companies that offers loyalty rewards like SM for frequent shoppers, there are some points that accumulates where you can use it and mabuhay miles with philippine airlines, if you fly with them regularly and accumulated the points of 60,000. Miles you will get your free round trip ticket to los angeles. That's i believe the real Loyalty program.

On the other hand, Telcos, should not term it a "Loyalty Program" . They should rename it as " Retention of Account and mobile number. No need to bring documents to recontract..

They always say, the difference between new line and recontract is, recontract is hassle free, we dont need to bring documents for approval and we can retain our mobile numbers. While new line, they require alot of documents... Mind them, when we applied and got approved, we certainly showed and brought all the necessary documents.. That's why, they should not hold that passport in explaining to us the difference bet new and recontract.

Anyway, i just want to practice my rights to get my LoYalty reward. Since, the handset i wanted to avail will be for other simcard or a reserve unit, cause my plan 299 is already inserted in iphone4gs.. My primary line (9 years) is with iphone5. I just want to make sure that everything is in order, and talking in behalf of all other subscribers, who wanders and got a lot of questions in mind. Hope this thread will help them also...

Thanks you...
                  ChitoReyes

I am with you there @mrdentista2000  that as long as it is being offered then we might as well get the best value. There was even a time when I also questioned the "Loyalty" program as they were giving more incentives to those who would exceed their given plans making it more like a "Usage" program rather than that of loyalty. Imagine that a lower but newer plan of mine had a bigger subsidy than my primary and oldest plan despite my older plan having a higher subscription cost. The reason being given to me at that time was because my lower plan exceeded its monthly allocation not by a bigger amount but a bigger percentage. It was really absurd.

Nevertheless, we are one that they should further improve their offerings to make subscribers have a justification in their becoming loyal to the network and not just because we would want to retain our numbers but because we truly believe that the telco would give us the value we expect.