8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2013 8:29 AM by GIBO

Wasn't able to receive May bill.

pitchblak
      Please anyone from globe here? My May bill is kinda crucial where globe billed me 3k+.. I paid immediately to avoid DC in my line. But I still need the breakdown. Another thing.. my June16-July15 bill reflects that I have consumed 210 mins on Time Browsing - WEB and 6106 mins on Time Browsing - WAP. What's the diff between these two? Please I need clarifications. Thank you.
        • Re: Wasn't able to receive May bill.
          ChitoReyes

How did you know of your bill if you were not able to see the breakdown? With the situation now that Globe has been enhancing their system, it would very crucial to check on the breakdown before making any payments. This is our consumer right and it is Globe's obligation to state the breakdown.

You may check by calling on the hotline 211.

Regarding Web vs. WAP... To simplify, these are just 2 kinds of protocols of surfing... Web is the usual internet charges you incur by using a Web browser, normal internet/data while WAP is a special protocol meant for mobile specific applications meant to condense and simplify implementation of the exchange of data. 

pitchblak
            Breakdown pertains to my June16-July15 bill.. Globe did not or I think forgot because of the IT development thing.. Thank you though sir. Btw, how will I know if they'll charge me wap or web time browsing? Using Galaxy S4. Tnx again.
                GIBO

pitchblak wrote:
                Breakdown pertains to my June16-July15 bill.. Globe did not or I think forgot because of the IT development thing.. Thank you though sir. Btw, how will I know if they'll charge me wap or web time browsing? Using Galaxy S4. Tnx again.

Hi @pitchblak,

To check if you are being charged per KB or time-based browsing, please text STATUS to 1111. 

ChitoReyes

The mere fact that your bill states the number of minutes whether wap or web bases means you are being charged by time and not per kb.

You use WAP time browsing for WAP applications installed in your phone and downloading some small games, wallpapers, ringtones and those small programs meant to use mobile protocol while those which require normal surfing utilizing the normal web browsers and downloads using these web browsers as well as the data consumed as a result of your sharing through your mobile's hotspot feature would be charged as Web time browsing. 

pitchblak
                  You use WAP time browsing for WAP applications installed in your phone and downloading some small games, wallpapers, ringtones and those small programs meant to use mobile protocol.

For instance? What are those android apps that uses mobile protocol?
                      ChitoReyes

Built-in micro browsers and Opera mini to access wap sites, some instant messengers to access MSN, YAHOO, AOL and GOOGLE and certain applications which use gps for location services among others.

We have to remember that WAP was developed specifically for handheld mobile devices where small screen size display, numeric keyboard layout, low memory and low bandwidth concerns are taken into consideration differentiating it from our regular computers which have bigger screens with higher resolutions, regular keyboard, higher memory and higher bandwidths. Therefore, wap scales down these standards in order to be accommodated in these handheld devices like mobile phones, pagers, 2 way radios and even smartphones like your S4.

I hope this layman's explanation makes it a bit clearer for you. Nevertheless, it should not pose a worry for you since both web and wap browsing are charged on a time rate basis in your subscription.

GIBO
                      Well said @ChitoReyes *bow*