5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2013 11:28 AM by ChitoReyes

Supersurf 50 on postpaid

pitchblak
      I am currently on a 599 Mysuperunli plan (unli call and text to globe/tm). Question is, if I subscribe to supersurf 50 which they call unlisurf for one day, can I download movies via torrent without being charged extra? Sorry sa ignorance. :smileyhappy:
        • Re: Supersurf 50 on postpaid
          ChitoReyes

You can download anything and you would not be charged extra (for a day) however your connection might slow down if you continously download a very large file.

GIBO

pitchblak wrote:
            I am currently on a 599 Mysuperunli plan (unli call and text to globe/tm). Question is, if I subscribe to supersurf 50 which they call unlisurf for one day, can I download movies via torrent without being charged extra? Sorry sa ignorance. :smileyhappy:

Hi @pitchblak,

Welcome to Globe Community.

Nothing to apologize for. We are here to help.

You won't be charged extra for the downloads. Please note: Globe implements the Fair Usage Policy. Once you exceed 800 MB, the speed slows down as mentioned by @ChitoReyes :smileyhappy:

hcescala
              wala namang additional charge like what other member said, globe will just notify you kung na max mo na yung capping or kung walang notification, babagal lang yung speed mo once they noticed na your downloading large file ^_^
                pitchblak
                Btw, I am using galaxy s4. I have already mentioned this or asked this in other threads but yet to receive a very concrete answer. If I go surf on a regular basis meaning without any registration to promos, when will Globe charge me on Time Browsing - Web and Time Browsing - WAP? These two appeared on my latest bill seems like WAP (6106 minutes) dominates WEB (210 mins). But I have this idea that when I turned on mobile data, Globe does automatically charge me on Time browsing. I prefer Web 'cause regardless of time I spend on browsing, I already know how much Globe charges me. Correct me if I'm wrong, 30 mins for 10 Php and 1 hour for 20 php. Tnx.
                    ChitoReyes

You are charged the same in time based browsing whether it is web or wap.

On a data (kb) based charging however, WAP is meant to consume less data (kb) than web as the protocol is a condensed version of the web or the information that you are trying to retrieve. It is however, not as visually appealing to the eyes and a rather crude way of getting information specially with the lower rates of data available.