4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2013 1:53 AM by Jhovan07

Customer Service incompetency

Jhovan07
      Good day Mr Glenn Ong,

I have been battling with Globe regarding the service i am getting from
      globe. Its been 4 months since i escalated the issue, i have been on the phone several times until i got tired of calling. I receive calls from the globe team one a month i think, until now issue is unresolved. Several reps have tried to resolve but the incompetent process delays the resolution.

Here's my issue, i am subscribed to unli net service for my iphone5 plan 1799. Which means, i should be able to enjoy the service for 24/7 with at least 3G network wherever i go. My issue is, i have LTE connection at work in makati, no prob but i can't enjoy it since i have to do my job during these hours. After work i go home at Taguig, about 4 kms from market where LTE should be available. Unfortunately i get E service. I can't brows, can't even post on FB with Edge, definitely not a service that i should pay for 1799. I had to turn on the plane mode and do some refresh to get 3G but a min later it goes back to edge. Seems like globe does not understand what is unlimited after i talked to all of the reps. I don't live in the mountain or remote area to get an EDGE service. Do i really have to refresh my phone every minute to get at least 3G? Is it worth paying 1799 after all the hassle? I need help, otherwise i'll go prepaid.

P.S my dumped my old line years ago because of unresolved bill dispute. I paid globe and go postpaid thinking that globe is now competent enough to resolve issues and hoping to get LTE or at least 3g connection at home where i spend my weekend, and 15 hours a day.
        • Re: Customer Service incompetency
          ChitoReyes

I really do hope they can address your issue @Jhovan07  but again, such is the limitation of mobile data... it is good only where there are signals present. How I wish I could also enjoy LTE or at the very least full 3g in all places that I go to in Metro Manila but such is not the case... and to think that I was one of the very first subscribers of their Visibility unlimited data costing Php 2,000/month many years ago...

I have subscriptions in all 3 networks and all of them have their owns blind spots within Metro Manila not only in data but also normal mobile signals. Our only hope really is for the network to expand more rapidly and cover the areas we frequent.

Since you claim that you spend 15 hours a day and your weekends at home which is most of your time, why not have a stable fixed internet subscription installed in your home instead? You may want to downgrade your Globe plan since you can't enjoy the rest of the 9 hours of your day at work surfing anyway.

Perhaps, until Globe improves their signal in the places we want, this may be the best alternative we have.

Hi @Jhovan07 - Which area in Taguig are you located at? Have you tried checking /network as recommended by @Robie?
              Jhovan07
              Diego Silang BCDA Taguig. I was informed that the area should have stable 3G coverage the first time i called about the issue. The location is low rise condo but my unit is end unit and there are no bldgs that could block the signal. I am waiting for a better connection since i was told that there should be no issue in my area.
                Jhovan07
                Thank you to all who replied, i appreciate your time and effort in assisting me.