32 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2014 12:19 PM by don.miata

LTE Coverage

MarkMarcelo

Hello! I'm a loyal Globe subscriber since 2004.  I am blessed to own an iPhone 5 with LTE. I noticed that Globe has limited LTE coverage in Metro Manila. I work in Makati and LTE coverage is ok. But when I go to Quezon City like in SM North Edsa there is no LTE coverage. Meanwhile, in Ortigas area like in SM Megamall there is weak LTE signal and in Shangrila Plaza there is no LTE coverage at all. I'm forced to switch to the rival network which has an extensive LTE coverage but still maintains my subscription for just calls and texts. I hope Globe's LTE widens and will be faster soon. If this will happen, I would be switching back.

• Re: LTE Coverage
          Hpaller
          I'm having the same problem, I'm an iphone5 user from Iloilo. Until now I don't see any updates with LTE roll out in my area. I'm frustrated since my friend's iphone from other wireless provider is enjoying free LTE in our workplace.. For 7 months i've waited for LTE to be rolled out but I got nothing...
            Hpaller
              GlennLiwanag
              Yes Globe is kinda slow in rolling LTE. But for comparison i have Smartbro at home and the speed only reach 50kbps as compared to my S4 which can download at a minimum 200kbps on torrent. So its either the network is congested or your in a weak spot
                Hpaller
                Bottom line is Globe should find ways how to expedite rolling out of LTE. Not all might be covered but atleast people in the visayas area can experience FAST and RELIABLE mobile data- i use my phone a lot for work and business even my Tattoo DSL is not delivering what is expected.
                  Hpaller
                  I have 1mbps with landline bundle and it's so slow. I understand that its not 100% 1mbps it should be like 800kbps but I'm getting like 512kbps lng all the time (wifi), can't even stream videos without buffering. I have this line for more than a year na and it's getting worse! To the point na nagssubscribe dn ako to my other postpaid line (competitor) and use it for mobile hotspot. Doble gastos inaabot ko and I'm even looking for signal booster online just to find a way hot maximize what I am paying
                    Hpaller
                    1mbps broadband bundle internet and landline
                      mpnistal
                      Bakit pati yung 3G ng Globe ang hina hina ng signal.
                        jhuan
                        May mga area po talaga na mahina ang 3G signal ng Globe. Pag natapos po yung system upgrade ng Globe hopefully mag ok na yung signal.
                          crimson2484
                          May i ask.. how about in biñan laguna.. hows the LTE coverage here? I know signal will be depending on our spot.. but my room is not like a dungeon.. but whenever i go to my room.. i only receive 1 bar of signal or sometimes.. nothing at all.. i am into downloading stuffs. And i use my s4 not only for texting and calling.. i have to go out.. around the street just to check my emails and expect me to stay outside for an hour or more if i want to download something.. not convenient right.. even when i go out.. i can only take advantage on 3G..and i cant enjoy this s4 for LTE. We subscribers demand that globe must expedite the process for LTE coverage.. since that LTE devices are in demand right now.. not only devices.. but mobile data or internet is a necessity now..
                            crimson2484
                            I know.. that most of you guys will response to us.. about "upgrades" that is the basic response when a customer or subs complains about signal quality.. bottom line is... when???? Globe must give their customer the best service. . . So globe can keep their subs not to switch carrier. . .
                              crimson2484
                              Ok thanks TERQZ.. i decided to have services with globe and took advantage on the s4.. because i believe that LTE will give me a fast data experience.. and i dont want it to happen that im goin to switch carrier because of poor coverage. Please tell them.. that we are craving for the best data service.. thanks.. and have a good one...
                                  TERQZ

crimson2484 wrote:
                                  Ok thanks TERQZ.. i decided to have services with globe and took advantage on the s4.. because i believe that LTE will give me a fast data experience.. and i dont want it to happen that im goin to switch carrier because of poor coverage. Please tell them.. that we are craving for the best data service.. thanks.. and have a good one...

I do understand your point. :smileyhappy: 

I am too is waiting for their comeback. This year was been a challenge for Globe. But after all their modernizing, enchancements and continuous efforts to bring the very best service to their subscribers, I am sure they will have a big leap for telecommunication industry. :smileyhappy: Just have faith. :smileyhappy:

Cloudstripe

I already lose my faith in your service. I'm a subscriber for 3yrs now and I still get the same support from Globe. Every time I report a problem there's only one response I get "WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF UPGRADING.... etc. etc. etc." Yeah right... for 3 yrs???? 

When my contract expires next year.. I'll be switching to the other service provider.. i won't be coming back here

This says it all:

http://www.rappler.com/business/industries/172-telecommunications-media/33890-smart-still-beats-globe-in-ntc-service-quality-test

TERQZ

Cloudstripe wrote:

I already lose my faith in your service. I'm a subscriber for 3yrs now and I still get the same support from Globe. Every time I report a problem there's only one response I get "WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF UPGRADING.... etc. etc. etc." Yeah right... for 3 yrs???? 

When my contract expires next year.. I'll be switching to the other service provider.. i won't be coming back here

This says it all:

http://www.rappler.com/business/industries/172-telecommunications-media/33890-smart-still-beats-globe-in-ntc-service-quality-test

Hi @Cloudstripe ,

I do understand where are you coming from. We have our own decisions and we should all respect that. I am just a Globe subscriber as well for 8 years already. actually I came from the other network not very satisfied with their broadband service but that time and always having issues with my bill. I just lasted for being a prepaid "always nakaw load for 3 years then" when I got my broadband plan with line from them. I have a contract of 1 year but I had only used the service for 6 months and need to end the contract and paying the full amount for 1 year. So I planned to switch to Globe. From the start that I switch to this network I was satisfied. They've met all my needs. Siguro masasabi nating swerte ako pero mabilis kasi ang connection sa location namin sa Pasay. Hindi ko naman sinisira or anything ang ibang network. We have our own sentiments and dissapointments sa network providers.

Masyadong madrama itong kwento na ito.. :smileyhappy: ahahahahaha 

ArnelViolanda

Why is that signal in Globe on major part in Laguna is very limited, most of the time using EDGE on my LTE enable phone seldom i can get 3g signal not even LTE signal.

Globe can't reach enough users to market the product due to this limitation. Idea should you buy unit with same cost but have less power?ofcourse not. Hopefully, they will also strengthen their coverage in LAGUNA (Cabuyao, binan, sto rosa, calamba, etc).

ArnelViolanda

TERQZ wrote:

crimson2484 wrote:

I do understand your point. :smileyhappy: 

I am too is waiting for their comeback. This year was been a challenge for Globe. But after all their modernizing, enchancements and continuous efforts to bring the very best service to their subscribers, I am sure they will have a big leap for telecommunication industry. :smileyhappy: Just have faith. :smileyhappy:

Why is that signal in Globe on major part in Laguna is very limited, most of the time using EDGE on my LTE enable phone seldom i can get 3g signal not even LTE signal.

Globe can't reach enough users to market the product due to this limitation. Idea should you buy unit with same cost but have less power?ofcourse not. Hopefully, they will also strengthen their coverage in LAGUNA (Cabuyao, binan, sto rosa, calamba, etc).

crimson2484
                                          May i also ask.. if im on LTE coverage.. what do i expect to see beside my signal bars on galaxy s4? 4G or LTE logo? because there are two types of 4G right? Wimax and LTE..
                                            notevenfollowed
                                            @crimson2484 4G logo po.

FYI: Wala pong ginagamit na WiMAX frequency si Globe sa mga mobile phones.
                                              erieight

I hope there will be LTE coverage in San Juan / Greenhills area soon! I've read the list of LTE area already and was so sad that I didn't see the area where I live. 

roidrage

Parang close to non-existent ang LTE coverage ng Globe compared to Smart. From where I work(near MOA-Arena) may 4G/LTE signal ang Smart whereas ang Globe H+ lang.

I was able to get LTE signal near Caloocan/Monumento area and also near La-Salle Taft. Apart from those areas parang wala na atang iba pang areas akong napuntahan na may LTE. Please Globe hurry up with your network upgrades, the other provider is way ahead of you in terms of LTE coverage in the Metro

jonathan_ang200
                                                    I have the same disappointment as yours. Is this confirmed? No Globe LTE in San Juan/Greenhills area? How about Smart? Have you seen anyone or know any friends who live near the same area and subscribed to Smart? How was their feedback? Thanks.
                                                    whateverLoser

Hi,

Make sure to use LTE-Ready sim and this one should be provisioned in the simcard as well.

:womantongue:HappyHolidays:womantongue:

Beyondyogabhs
                                                      Hi, i'd like to what is the status of LTE signal in Baclaran area?
                                                        dekbi

hi i want to be a globe subscriber but on our place theres limited connection to globe only .. 1 step inside the house then the signal drops | im living in kabisig floodway cainta rizal ..

MiggyBalba
                                                          No LTE Coverage here in Cavite. I've always thought that Globe's always first when it comes to mobile technology and services but not this time.
                                                            Beyondyogabhs
                                                            No LTE Coverage in Baclaran area?
                                                              don.miata

i cant wait to have LTE nationwide