56 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2014 1:18 PM by chavezcatherin

Globe Gadget Care Experience

FitzGeraldDeGuzman

I filed my claim for my stollen iphone 5 but not on its 2 weeks wala parin. They said they still have no stock. Hayz. I think 2 weeks is still acceptable pa naman. 

Anyone. Post your experience with Globe Gadget Care.

• Re: Globe Gadget Care Experience
          FitzGeraldDeGuzman

Hi Mods,

Is their a way we can escalate this to Globe concered group?

I bump into forum that they are also experiencing bad on their insurance claims from AIKONTECH and ACE.

http://www.philmug.ph/forum/f188/globe-gadget-care-insurance-86747/index9.html

Thank you

unsatisfieduser

I am also experiencing a similar poor quality of service.

We ordered an iPhone 5 last March 1. Globe GUARANTEED that the product will be delivered within 3-5 working days (March 7).

It's now March 19, and I still do not have my phone.

I should have just bought from another reseller, mas efficient pa!

I'm very diappointed and have lost all my trust in GLOBE for lying to me and giving false promises.

LanceBendo

I've been waiting for my claim from Aikontech and Ace Insurance since the last week of January and until now, OUT OF STOCK pa din ang Iphone 5 nila. I was surprised, is aikontech really a "CORPORATION"? How come small iphone retailers can manage to maintain the quantity of their stock considering the high demand today, samantalang ang aikontech CORPORATION, 2 MONTHS OUT OF STOCK? IS IT FOR REAL?! Sana may magawa ang Globe regarding sa concerns naming mga customers. 

cherrylug

@FitzzGeraldDeGuzman, @LizBlasquino, @LanceBendo, 

Our sincere apologies for the long wait for handset replacement. Please rest assured that we are doing all means to fix logistical issues in the back end to improve the turnaround time for all claimants for Gadget Care. In the meantime, please PM me your account details (full name and Globe number) so I can forward this to Ace and Aikontech and include you in the priority list for replacement. Thank you for understanding. :smileyhappy:

Una_G

I've had no phone for more than a month now and this whole experience has been absolutely frustrating.

Every step of the process took a long time to be accomplished and I had to call/check from time to time because I felt that if I didn't, my case would just be ignored. Now, waiting for the replacement has become increasingly annoying not just because of the long wait time but because of the inconsistent responses of the insurance company. Every week (every other day, even) there seems to be a different claim about when the supplies were going to come in. Before paying the participation fee it was 2-5 days, then after payment it was 2 weeks. After that, it was the ultimate waiting game as the no-stock card was pulled. Calling for updates is fruitless as every representative had a different answer or version of the story.  Some would say 3rd week of April, others the 4th; the worst was the one that said to just wait for any updates. 

I know there might be some difficulties especially since this is a new offering from Globe. Even then, a certain level of quality of service should be maintained. I hope the issues with Globe GadgetCare may be resolved as soon as possible.

• Re: Globe Gadget Care Experience - EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING, NO TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!
                    Kiggy
                    I had an unfortunate incident of someone breaking into our house and taking my 3-month old iphone 5 among other things. I tried to just count my blessings and be grateful we weren't harmed or anything. I thought I was fortunate that my phone was still protected under globe gadget care for free for the first 4 months. But looking back at the experience and how this whole process has been so frustrating, I just wish I didn't settle the participation fee immediately and just used that money for the purchase of a new one at a retailer.

I filed for the lost phone on March 11. Deposited participation fee March 19. Was told they were out of stock, but expecting delivery in 2 weeks. I followed up 2 weeks later only to find out I was no. 70 on the waitlist. I was told claims filed in February still have not been serviced! Finally, last week, I was told to expect delivery on Thursday or Friday of this week. I called on Thursday just to check if we were on schedule. This time, I was told to expect a call from Ms. Clarie Sonday of Aikontech to arrange for pick up of the unit. Doesn't the brochure say free deliver of the unit to anywhere in the Philippines? Then upon checking again, I was told only 16gb units arrived. I was told to wait another week for delivery.

What is the real deal? What's going on??? Why are there always no stocks when really, if I ask in Globe or go to a retailer, they have lots of iphone 5 in stock! This whole ordeal has become so frustrating! I have asked for a refund for my participation fee because I don't want to fight this battle anymore. But it's the principle already that you've taken our money but have not rendered any service.

Now, I don't feel fortunate at all to have Globe Gadget Care because each call I make to customer service or emails I write to ACE & Aikontech, just really gets me frustrated. What makes it more annoying is when I get a generic reply that my email was received but please call customer service, blah, blah.... I already did and have been doing for over a month now!!!

It's sooooo frustrating!!!
                      Una_G

On my 2nd month of waiting. This is getting ridiculous.

Aikon is still inefficient. On the other messageboard, their inconsistencies/lies are coming to the surface.
                      Didn't renew my gadgetcare because it is NOT worth all this frustration.

• Globe Gadget Care
                        jamesonboard

Hello guys,

I am new here. I would like to ask about globe gadget care. My theft claim was approved last apr 19 then i paid the participation fee the next day (apr 20 2013). I tried calling aikon tech last thursday (may 02) and they told me i was 75th on queue. 

Now, as per FAQS section both from globe and ace insurance's website: 

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
                        Q: I want to report and make a claim, what are the procedure and requirements?
                        • To file a claim, please call Globe Gadget Care Customer service at tel. (02) 756-5400 or toll-free no. 1-800-8-7565400, from 8:30amto 
                        5:30pm from Monday to Friday. You may also simply email or log-in to our website atwww.aceinsurance.com.ph. ACE Insurance 
                        shall be happy to answer your queries concerned. 
                        Q: How long does it take to get my replacement device?
                        • It takes an average of 24 hours to 72 hours to replace your phone depending on handset availability, your area of delivery and your
                        availability to receive the device unit. This assumes that you have complied with all the necessary requirements to complete the 
                        claim. 
                        Q: Where can I pay for my participation Fee? Can I pay in Globe?
                        • You can pay at any of the following Authorized banks. (refer to table below)
                        • Sorry, only the following banks are authorized to receive payments for the Participation fees.

AFTER-SALES
                        Q: How soon can I file for a Gadget Care claim? 
                        • Under Comprehensive coverage, effectivity of Gadget Care applies as soon as the device is released to the subscriber. A subscriber 
                        can claim for insurance provided that claim is verified and approved. 
                        • Under Voluntary coverage, subscriber can only claim for insurance one month after the activation of the Gadget Care service. 
                        Q: How long will it take for my claim to be verified and approved? 
                        • This is dependent on the level of verification that ACE needs to conduct based on the documentation and the claim filed. Ideally, if 
                        all documents and requirements are completed and submitted, verification and approval will just take 24 – 48 hours.
                        Q: What type of replacement unit do I get when I make a claim?
                        • The replacement unit may be the same brand and model of a new or refurbished handset, or if not available, Globe will provide a 
                        device with similar specifications or value.
                        • Replacement phones will be locked-in to Globe.

My personal understanding here is i only have to wait for 24-72 hours for a replacement since it can be replaced with a new or a refurbished unit. Globe stores are currently offering iphone 5's all across the nation. If you cannot replace my phone with a refurbished unit if you do not have stock, why can't you replace it with a new one instead? 

Please enlighten a loyal subscriber here.

Thankyou Globe! 

Una_G

Just heard that new stocks come in on May 20!!! And I might not get my phone on that date because there are still a lot of people in line that have not been given their units. UHM, WHEN WILL I GET MY PHONE THEN?!?! This is crazy.

Shame that it seems Globe is doing nothing to improve this service. I acknowledge the fact that it is all up to AIKON now to deal with claimants but let's not forget that it was Globe that offered this service to its subscribers.

jamesonboard
                            Oh come on globe.. Please tell us you are going to do something about our claims. It's such a shame that aikontech isn't capable of handling our situation. We are paying the monthly plans without a phone to use.
                              psalandanan

I am still waiting for my replacement unit (iPhone 5 16GB and its a month and a half of waiting) why is it that you pay a coparticipation fee of 7500 and never got anything expedited? grabe mas malupit pa sa car insurance eh. I am really disappointed at this point and I'm taking this to the media. Di kasi makatarungan to. 

ry

Reading everyone's comments / feedback about the Globe Gadget Care definitely made me think that I made the right decision not to avail of the service.

Try coordinating with DTI and see if this type of service is covered by their sector.

And to moderators, it's frustrating enough to read the feedback, so please have the courtesy to respond to the people who posted their inquiries here.

faeriewitch
                                  Same here @FitzGeraldDeGuzman, my i5 was stolen last Sept 11 and reported it ASAP to Globe. I followed every step under Globe Gadget Care Theft Claims...religiously and accurately, even paid the settlement fee as soon as I get the email. Afterwhich, tried to get a hold of AikonTech but, surprise! "Nobody's able to take my call at the moment"...every single day of my vacant time that I called this IRRITATING cue recording reverberates thru the receiver. Worse is that I have emailed Globe Consumer Claims about this, forwarded my deposit slip copy to them and escalated the concern yet the advise was still to call "always M.I.A" AikonTech?? I'm starting to lose my patience and composure with this type of service. With multiple statements of dismay, Globe, aren't you going to do something about this bad service?

I'm worried I might have been scammed or have met a fraud in you..7,500 pesos is equivalent to half a month's salary and it is very difficult to earn such these days. (Kaya nga nagnanakaw nalang siguro ung iba) speaking of theft, please help me take away the feeling that you have STOLEN half my salary's worth of blood and sweat to pay for the Settlement fee I had willingly paid for the replacement of my i5.

Oh and P.S.
                                  My birthday is on the 30th October..it would be nice to have it back before or by then. Baka naman paabutin nyo pa ng pasko...
                                    faeriewitch
                                    Globe should have chosen anothee third party/insurance company that can really live up to hassle-free customer service experience. It is so FRUSTRATING thay I can't take a hold of anyone on AikonTech. Can anyone tell me other alternate email or ways to contact efin AikonTech JUST TO CONFIRM IF MY 7.5K HAS MADE ITS WAY TO THEM AND VERIFY THAT UPON RECEIVING MY i5 WILL BE EXPEDIENTLY and INTACTLY (non-refurbished) DELIVERED? THANKS!
                                      faeriewitch
                                      Globe should have chosen another third party/insurance company that can really live up to hassle-free customer service experience. It is so FRUSTRATING that I can't take a hold of anyone on AikonTech. Can anyone tell me other alternate email or ways to contact efin AikonTech JUST TO CONFIRM IF MY 7.5K HAS MADE ITS WAY TO THEM AND VERIFY THAT UPON RECEIVING MY i5 WILL BE EXPEDIENTLY and INTACTLY (non-refurbished) DELIVERED? THANKS!
                                        iammyonnie
                                        Good Day! Can anyone help me how to process that "Secured Affidavit of claims and loss led by NTC. the theft claim requirement ng globe, my phone got lost like you po. Thank you! I.do.appreciate your help guys!
                                            miufille

Here are the requirements @iammyonnie 
                                                a. Duly completed Claim Form (Claim form can be downloaded from Globe or Ace websites)
                                                b. Original Copy of Police Report/Official Barangay Report/Official Local Security Report
                                                c. Any document or proof of payment to Globe of your postpaid outstanding balance.
                                                d. Proof of payment of the participation fee/ policy excess

mojacko

Hi guys,

Any improvements on the processing of ACE Insurance?

My iPhone 5S was stolen last Monday (Dec 23) - reported it to Globe & ACE on the same day.

This morning (Dec 26), I went to their office in Zuellig and passed the required documents.

- Gadget Care Claim Form

- Police Report (Original Copy)

- Confirmation of Cover (Photocopy)

- Receipt of the Cashout Payment of the Unit (Original Copy)

The receptionist told me that I should call their hotline after 7 working days...

Anyone has a recent experience with claiming their unit, specifically iPhone 5S? How long did it take?

Thanks!

mojacko

Hi,

Backreading, I'm afraid that my replacement phone might take a month or more to be delivered (hoping their service has improved)...

For those who already got their replacement phone, is it brand new or refurbished? and how would you know if it is refurbished?

Your replies would be greatly appreciated. :smileyhappy:

mojacko

Hi guys, moderators,

Any feedbacks on my concern...?

mojacko

so i paid the participation fee yesterday, and called aikontech to ask about the delivery date... (sooo hard to reach their hotline because no one is answering...)

and they said turn around time is 2 to 3 weeks. IMAGINE. and i asked who their supplier is, and they said it's Mac/Apple itself... so i really don't get why they wouldn't be able to acquire iPhone 5S units right away... demand is not that high anymore as compared to the previous months... hay...

"HASSLE-FREE"

To Globe, the idea of GLOBE Gadget Care is really good, but PLEASE get a more competent 3rd party insurance + supplier... Your name is in this service not ACE or AIKONTECH... just a suggestion

To the moderators, was this brought to your managers already, the complaints againts Aikontech..? Are there any actions being taken by Globe to improve this?

Thanks!

hizoka09

Your not alone guys, after so many compalints with Ace and Aikontech they finnaly said to me that they will deliver my replacement unit of iphone5 tomorrow morning. The weird part is, they claiming that it would be shipped with just the unit , no box at all, but rest assured daw ako na brand new sya since they will open daw the sealed box in their office to shipped the unit.

I'm wondering how can the consumer really knows if the unit is indeed brand new without knowing the serial number and IMEI of the unit?? even the accesories are not included in our claims?

I've called globe hotline today and they say be careful to such claims???? What the!!!! im very frustrated when processing my requests with ace and doing everyday follow ups with Aikontech and here Globe says that be careful to them??? 

What are they thinking when the contracted them as their 3rd party vendor?? as if themeselves dont trust the 2 company?? I've lost my trust with Ace and Aikontech..

I can give you the cellphone number of Claire Sonday since shes the representative of Aikontech Corp... If Globe moderators allow me to do so...

HAYYYSSSS. Sakit nyu sa bangs ... :smileysad:(

jec_15
                                                      Parang gusto ko na talaga patanggal gadget care ko. with all those complaints, i guess its not worth it eh.
                                                        mojacko

hi,

no offense sa ibang nag-reply, topic here is not about iphone security features or safety precautions para hindi manakawan. i'm aware of all the security features of iphone (naka-activate lahat when it was stolen, was even able to find the last location) and hindi  ko sya nilalabas sa public places... but iba na mga magnanakaw ngayon and they know how to crack those security features (depends lang if aware sya or hindi, i.e. a friend of mine was able to retrieve back his stolen ipod touch using icloud, but sa case ko with my iphone mukhang marunong ung nagnakaw to crack it..)

anyways, thanks pa rin for the replies.

on topic, about GLOBE gadget care, we deserve an excellent customer service because we are paying for it every month (only 1st month is free and we have already paid for the particpation fee), so what we are asking is the support of GLOBE in order to improve this service...

again, it is an excellent idea, but so far based on my experience and other feedbacks, execution is really bad..

you advertised it as "HASSLE-FREE", but it's otherwise...

to the moderators, i hope you could tell us if globe is already doing something about this.

thanks!

hizoka09
                                                          Started dec 10 ung processing. I got the phone now. Sad to say its the unit only. Boxed with globe gadget care ribbon and logo.
                                                            hizoka09
                                                            @mojacko yup not the iphone box. Ordinary box lang sya wth a ribbon of globe gadget care txts.
                                                              hizoka09
                                                              @mojacko. Yup i tried the iphone status in apple site. I indicated the unit's serial number and apple shows it was purchased jan 08. Not refurbished.
                                                                hizoka09
                                                                Yes. Nasa apple site sya under support tab. It just search sa google. Cant provide the links since it was globe forum policy not to indicate links. Sorry pre. Pero its searchable.
                                                                  hizoka09
                                                                  @mojacko. Hopefully you can get yours. Keep doing follow up reports from both ace and aikontech. When you get your cp youll be amazed. They updated mine.. :smileyhappy:). Anyways goodluck
                                                                    iammyonnie
                                                                    Hey guys nung nagpass ba kau ng requirements it is just,

• GGCare Form
                                                                    • Police Report and
                                                                    • Lastest Bill that covers the date the phone was lost.

My phone got stolen last December 22 and up until now I didnt file my claims yet since my bill cut off is every 6th of the month. So my bill this January wala pa. But I informed the GGCare December 23.

Is that all the requirements that I need?

My happy to those who receive their claims already. Mine is just LG G2. Thanks to those who will reply.
                                                                        mojacko

hi @iammyonnie actually you don't need the latest bill, you may just pass the confirmation of cover instead.

mine was stolen on dec. 22, i sent the requirements on dec. 26 and it got approved last jan. 7. i'm just waiting for the delivery.

here are the documents that i passed (the 4th one is just additional):

- Gadget Care Claim Form

- Police Report (Original Copy)

- Confirmation of Cover (Photocopy)

- Receipt of the Cashout Payment of the Unit (Original Copy)

iammyonnie
                                                                        Hi @mojacko, thanks for the info. Where can I get the Confirmation of Cover? 36 days palang sakin yung phone.
                                                                            mojacko

@iammyonnie  ung confirmation of cover, that's the document/form given to prove na you are under globe gadget care. binibigay 'yon when you get your unit from globe, if walang binigay sa'yong copy go the business center where you got your unit. ung iphone 5s ko naman 31 days pa lang nung nanakaw, almost same pala tayo. hehe.

iammyonnie
                                                                            @mojacko what a coincidence! Nakakalungkot nawala agad ang cellphone natin.

Yea, walang nabigay sakin na form. Can I ask a copy naman siguro sa center nila.
                                                                              mojacko

@hizoka09 if possible, can you please pm me the number of your contact in aikontech. they are not replying sa email follow-ups ko e. thanks!

nazhel08
                                                                                  possible kyang magamit nung nagnakaw oh pagbentahan nya ung unit ko nawala kasi ung ip5 q this january lng pro d ko pa nrereport d pa kasi maasikaso and out of budget p pang fee >,< pde b syang iblock ung mismong phone? oh tlgang gudbye and welcome to new owner n ung fone q pls help ska ptanong din ung orig receipt nung may cash out wla n ata skin un natapon q n ata meron pbang sub n pdeng ibgay na requirements thanks po
                                                                                  mojacko

@nazhel08 yup i think better na i-report mo na agad. regarding sa unit,  may nabasa ako sa isang blog na 5s daw ang ibibigay for iphone 5 units. (you can also confirm with @hizoka09 here).

and yes, unfortunately mukhang ang averagre turnaround time is 1 month. so better na mapasa mo na ung requirements asap.

in my case (5s naman ang nanakaw sa 'kin), december 26 ko pinasa ung requirements sa ace. and because of the holidays, na-approve ung claim ko january 7 na. and on that day din i paid the participation fee na amounting to P7,500.

but until now, wala pang update from aikontech regarding the delivery of my replacement unit. ok naman kausap 'yung ace insurance, they give updates. pero ung aikontech wala talagang updates and lagi pang walang sumasagot sa hotline nila.

and regarding pala sa pag-cut ng line, yup i think pwede mo i-request sa globe na deactivate mo muna ung line mo habang wala pang replacement unit.

jerrybaligod

is this true as well if the brand of the phone is Blackberry? I would be expecting just the unit, not the whole package???