2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2013 9:25 AM by GIBO

What if I want to terminate my Plan 1799 with an iPhone 5.

recaguicla

See, I enrolled for a plan together with an iPhone 5 locked for 30 months. Thing is, my iPhone 5 has a defective sleep/wake button si it had to be sent back to Globe, which according to the was sent back to Apple for the warranty. My Plan was one week old before I noticed the defective button, by the way. 

So, my question is, what if I wanted my plan to be terminated? What happens to my iPhone? Do I still have to pay them the price of the iPhone even though I haven't used the phone? 

• Re: What if I want to terminate my Plan 1799 with an iPhone 5.
          ChitoReyes

Your contract started the moment you signed it. Technically if you opt out at this moment then you would have to pay for the termination fee AND the price of the iphone even if you have not used the unit.

You had 7 days to return the unit and exchange it with another. After the lapse of that period, the usual 1 year warranty applies to parts and services whether you have used your phone or not.

You may want to try to pursuade Globe to waive the price of the unit out of goodwill but it is my honest opinion that they are not obligated to do so.

• Re: What if I want to terminate my Plan 1799 with an iPhone 5.
            GIBO

Hi @recaguicla

Welcome to Globe Community!

This is what I suggest that you do while waiting for your replacement phone. Call the Hotline and ask them to temporarily suspend your service. I spoke to Wayne Madriaga (she refused to give her employee ID) of the Retention Team and she confirmed, they will waive the bill for a month (that's the most that they can offer).