4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2013 10:02 PM by maxissippi

What are the Value Added Services (VAS)?

Serge16

Hi, I have concerns with regards to VAS,

btw, i don't know if i'm posting at the right thread but i decided to post it anyway..

I am charged with VAS, as a subscriber (Plan 999), i don't know what VAS (Value Added Services) is composed of (like what services charge this). I have been using my phone for texting started this year. I cut-off all my subscriptions (used to subscribe to 30days unlitxt globe & tm). then this month, I am charged with MyGlobe (or VAS). It keeps on increasing, my bill rises because of it. it reaches around 800 now, the only thing I do with my phone is text and my internet is deactivated. . How come I am charged for VAS? My friend experienced the same thing. her bill reached 3k because of it. She went to Globe to ask what it is, sadly they weren't able to give her an answer. 

• Re: VAS

Serge16 wrote:

Hi, I have concerns with regards to VAS,

btw, i don't know if i'm posting at the right thread but i decided to post it anyway..

I am charged with VAS, as a subscriber (Plan 999), i don't know what VAS (Value Added Services) is composed of (like what services charge this). I have been using my phone for texting started this year. I cut-off all my subscriptions (used to subscribe to 30days unlitxt globe & tm). then this month, I am charged with MyGlobe (or VAS). It keeps on increasing, my bill rises because of it. it reaches around 800 now, the only thing I do with my phone is text and my internet is deactivated. . How come I am charged for VAS? My friend experienced the same thing. her bill reached 3k because of it. She went to Globe to ask what it is, sadly they weren't able to give her an answer. 

Hi, Serge. Value Added Services (VAS) are ringback tones, games and images etc that you download and/or avail through Globe. You might have received a ringback tone SMS that says FREE for a limited time only and has a caveat that you must stop it so you won't get charged. This is just one of the examples. Please refer to http://downloads.globe.com.ph/vas for other VAS.

• Re: What are the Value Added Services (VAS)?
            mbautista
            Im a new post paid user... my friend recommends games that i can play by downloading them from the app store... are games that require internet access to be played included on the vas? Thanks!
            • Re: What are the Value Added Services (VAS)?
              maxissippi

Hi!I just started using globe prepaid.I would like to know how to stop the charges in VAS.I didn't think about it seriously so i tapped VAS and selected mobile games.I would like know how to stop this because my brother is even suffering for charges in VAS.Thank you for reading this and I will gladly wait for the reply.Thanks.