6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2013 3:49 PM by heatblast

Root and Jailbreak

FidelRamos

Hi Globe,

I know that if I will root my device the warranty will be void that's for sure! So I was thinking let's say I have rooted my device, will I get back my warranty if I update my device with the official OS? I know this may sound weird but yes this'll work with international carriers like AT&T and Verizon.

• Re: Root and Jailbreak
          TERQZ

FidelRamos wrote:

Hi Globe,

I know that if I will root my device the warranty will be void that's for sure! So I was thinking let's say I have rooted my device, will I get back my warranty if I update my device with the official OS? I know this may sound weird but yes this'll work with international carriers like AT&T and Verizon.

Hi @FidelRamos ,

Are you the previous president? just joking. :smileyhappy:

Going to your concern. In my own opinion, I don't think Globe can detect that if you will be able to restore the phone back to its normal or can we say the default setup. But we don't actually know if they have an anti-tampering system that can detect that. Yes, rooting and Jailbreaking the phone will definitely void the warranty. And the risk here is that, can all the users will be able to  restore back the phone perfectly?

There are some users that have done this and failed, just like my colleague. Rooting his samsung phone and failed.

Just a precaution. Don't ever take the risk if you can't handle its consequences. :smileyhappy: 

AkoSiRyan
            Rooting will void warranty yes it is...

Updating your Android unit to a newer Android OS version will remove the Root access but files use in rooting, folders automatically added after rooting will still remain on your phone... also depending on the unit and how it is rooted... a binary counter is registered on your phone...

so Updating your Rooted Android phone may still have a voided warranty

reseting your rooted android phone to its factory settings may still leave the root access because resetting only deletes settings, downloaded application call register and sms...

resetting your rooted android unit plus formatting the internal SD will still leave the root access...

performing Wipe Data Factory Reset using the Recovery Mode of your unit will not remove the Root Access...

Flashing the Official Stock Firmware for your unit Plus Deleting all folders on the internal SD and Resetting the Binary counter can bring back the warranty... but thats not an easy DIY procedure... =>
              AkoSiRyan
              By the way... there is a website where you can download Official Firmware for all Android devices (Samsung Only) offered by all carriers and regions around the world. Globe Smart and SUN is included... =>
                mackulitzki

triangle away to reset binary counter on samsung devices. 

heatblast

ive rooted my phone and  after installing myfonts in playstore and download fonts my phone is now in bootloop can someone help me..??  

can i still repair it to globe..??

my phone is cloudfone thrill 430d..